Author Topic: New OT style Y-Wing  (Read 2184 times)

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
New OT style Y-Wing
« on: April 16, 2010, 07:14:33 PM »
In the last round of Hasbro Q&A it was revealed a new OT style Y-Wing was in the works. 

I'd decided after a couple "big vehicle" purchases I was going to stick to Original Trilogy vehicles from here on out.  The Clone Wars Y-Wing looked so awesome I almost buckled--trying to reason that, "Well, Y-wings are present in the OT".  To me, the prospect of a new OT style Y-wing is great news.

What does everyone else think?  Boring?  Fabulous?  Something you're going to buy?  Requirements you'd have to have?  Color schemes?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: New OT style Y-Wing
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 07:36:14 PM »
I'll have to see images of this one when they surface.  I have the OTC version of the Y-Wing, and it has always been my favorite version, ever since I first saw it.  The yellow version is just like the vintage version, and just looked too clean for my liking.  The red and blue OTC version just looks so raw and worked over, as though it'd seen many battles.  This new one will have to blow me away and really be worth the price point that I'm sure will be outrageous.

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 11:15:24 AM »
I'll wait too make up my mind

Offline jedi_ryan35

• Ensign
  • "The force will be with me..always!"
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 03:35:50 PM »
In the last round of Hasbro Q&A it was revealed a new OT style Y-Wing was in the works. 

I'd decided after a couple "big vehicle" purchases I was going to stick to Original Trilogy vehicles from here on out.  The Clone Wars Y-Wing looked so awesome I almost buckled--trying to reason that, "Well, Y-wings are present in the OT".  To me, the prospect of a new OT style Y-wing is great news.

What does everyone else think?  Boring?  Fabulous?  Something you're going to buy?  Requirements you'd have to have?  Color schemes?

Oh, I'll  definitely be buying at least two of them. Y-Wings have always been one of my favorite vehicles. I just hope there's gonna be a slot for the Astromech droid and not molded on.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 07:07:57 PM »
I agree there better be a slot for that astromech droid.  It seems Hasbro has been putting in a slot with a lot of the mid-sized vehicles lately so I'm hoping they continue with this trend.  You never know though...sometimes they like to throw a step backwards in for some odd reason.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 06:23:20 AM »
I don't have a Y-wing yet of any stripe.  I only just recently (2 weeks ago) found a CW version.  I'd love to get a CW version and a "vintage" version to set up side by side.  If the new one is any good, I'll be adding it.

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 07:15:12 PM »
i have the old OT y-wing and im super happy wiht it , except the fact u cant change droids  :( but i dont really like having all the ships BIG , some i like it small, makes it more ballanced , and money saver too, and space,  but if i ever have some $$$ avaible ill get the clone wars y-wing cuz its different
May the Force be with you !

Offline ClonePrototype

• Ironside Soldier
  • Cadet
  • "Most Impressive!"
    • Whovians Create
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 10:43:41 AM »
As I'm only just getting my hands dirty, this is great news!