Author Topic: NFL 2010  (Read 18054 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: NFL 2010
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 05:19:07 PM »
Personally, I think Denver is gonna show they picked the best QB in the draft. I just like the presence 'Teebow has. I think he is gonna do great. I wish he had a few more recievers and a more precise running game, but he isn't in the worst starting line up. If McDaniels can get over the I am the boss syndrome I think he can probably roll with things.

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
  • need republic commando action figures!!
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 05:30:48 PM »
are you joking teebow is going to suck.

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 06:51:19 PM »
Personally I agree with Tamer....I think Tebow is going to be great.

He is a better athlete over all compare to the other qbs in the draft, including sam assford.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 04:35:22 AM »
are you joking teebow is going to suck.

I could be wrong, but the kid sure would be welcome on my team. I was so hoping Tomlin and the Rooneys would give this kid a shot at replacing Ben.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 08:53:13 AM »
Tebow is going to go one of two ways: Up or Down.  I think he has a lot of raw talent, not to mention strength and smarts. He has already adapted his throwing style in a very short amount of time, very effectively since working with Gruden.  I see him taking the running QB role that was practically invented by Vick and amping it up, shaping it into a serious force to deal with, and I also see him throwing lasers to his WRs out there.  He'll be working with Josh McDaniels out there in Denver, so I see good things.  However, I can also see him fading into obscurity if he has a couple of bad games, as the NFL is all about image, and if he looks like he'll begin to do poorly, I see them benching him.  Time will tell, I guess!

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 08:18:41 PM »
Tebow is going to go one of two ways: Up or Down.  I think he has a lot of raw talent, not to mention strength and smarts. He has already adapted his throwing style in a very short amount of time, very effectively since working with Gruden.  I see him taking the running QB role that was practically invented by Vick

No offense bro....

But a lot of people forget a certain qb that really started the running qb thingie....he used to play in philly and go by the number 12

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 06:15:52 AM »
LOL!  True, very true.  However, while Cunningham started it, Vick gave it muscle and made it a viable option in games.  Vince Young tried to do similar, but he's been a flop for the most part.  Tebow, at least in college, provided a question few teams could answer.  We'll see how he translates into the NFL. 

Now, of the other big name QBs from this year's draft: Claussen to Carolina...could be good for him.  I don't know who their current QB is, I've never heard of him.  I never really thought Claussen was that great in college, either, since their record during his time there was poor.  I guess he was a pretty highly regarded QB though.  Guess we'll see...

Bradford, #1 overall to St. Louis.  I gotta say, I was never all that impressed with Bradford, and with 2 season ending injuries to his shoulder, will the surgery he had really make him durable enough in the NFL?  Injuries happen to everyone, and if you can overcome it, it's nothing but a nuisance.  However, both of those hits that took him out weren't all that bad, and will be MUCH worse in the NFL. 

Colt McCoy to the Browns.  Well, his career is over.  Seriously, there is no hope in the Browns.  Too bad for McCoy, he could've done probably the best in his class.

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 07:46:13 PM »
But see Cunningham not being the starter of that running qb trend is Buddy Ryan wanted him not to run as much as throw. He had 996 yards(not sure of actual yards) one season, and Ryan stopped him from being the first 1000 yard qb.

So if Cunningham would have been that, perhaps some would give him some more respect. I mean damn he was the qb of the greatest offensive team ever.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 05:07:46 PM »
I can't believe no one has lit this thread up yet. What can I say what a day!

My Steelers manage to win without Ben. Mendenhall looked ok!  Just three more. Then the womanizer comes back. Somehow I am feeling I would rather keep loosing with a rookie backup rather than see Ben come back. Oh well, a win is a win.

Did NE kills the Bengals or what! Almost makes me wish I had drafted Brady again he is gonna put up some major numbers again it looks like. How bout that Welker! Torn ACL no problem!

Then onto the GB / Philly game. Wow, was that a close game or what. The Packers dominated only to have daggone Vick bring em back to almost win! Still the Packers got it done. I sure hope Rodgers doesn't start throwing interceptions though.

Now I get to wait on Dallas and the Redskins. I think ole Carrol got a win today too. I really though San Fran would come out swinging too. And Bradford looked ok too. Maybe the Rams are gonna win a couple this year.

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 07:13:09 PM »
With Vick playing, the eagles have a chance at the playoffs.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 02:33:58 AM »
I am kinda torn on the Vick thing. I know everyone deserves a second chance, but then the whole reason he was in jail. He paid his time, but I am not sure he really learned anything from it (hence the shooting after his bday party last summer). Still, I guess the NFL didn't find any fault there or surely he wouldn't be playing.

I wonder how in the heck my Steelers are gonna stop Kris Johnson this weekend. He only got 60 some yards the last time they played, but that was with Kerry Collins not cry baby. It aslo looks like Vincent Jackson is gonna go somewhere if the SD owner lets him. I sure wouldn't I don't think. Oh well, gotta wait till Sunday to see how this all plays out.

Wayne, I am looking for you Packers to just go nuts playing Buffalo this weekend.

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 07:03:38 PM »
I am kinda torn on the Vick thing. I know everyone deserves a second chance, but then the whole reason he was in jail. He paid his time, but I am not sure he really learned anything from it (hence the shooting after his bday party last summer). Still, I guess the NFL didn't find any fault there or surely he wouldn't be playing.

I wonder how in the heck my Steelers are gonna stop Kris Johnson this weekend. He only got 60 some yards the last time they played, but that was with Kerry Collins not cry baby. It aslo looks like Vincent Jackson is gonna go somewhere if the SD owner lets him. I sure wouldn't I don't think. Oh well, gotta wait till Sunday to see how this all plays out.

Wayne, I am looking for you Packers to just go nuts playing Buffalo this weekend.

I've given up on worrying about these "professionals" and their off the field lives. The vast majority of these professionals are pretty much scum imho. Some are very good, very nice people, but some just ruin it for all of them.

Vick is a scum bag imho, and will always be one for what he did too those dogs.

But then again, others have done worse...I mean some have murdered and been accused of the same and got off either completely free or without anything more than a slap on the wrist.

If we picked through every team and found all the bad....and in our hearts and minds, most of us would hate everyone of our home teams.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 07:10:30 PM »
Daggone good points! I can't disagree with any of em.

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 07:54:06 PM »
I honestly believe this football season may be the most lack luster in years.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 06:50:24 AM »
I feel I need to weigh in here on the whole Vick thing, and while it's my view of the facts, it still bothers me how pious and hypocritical people are.  And no, I'm absolutely NOT taking a shot at anyone here, honest!

People want Vick hung in the Town Square for all to spit on his dead body, yet very few actually spent the time to listen and read the actual reports on what happened.  While he is absolutely not without blame, most people's views on him are skewed because they just didn't listen.  Vick never actually participated in any dog fighting.  His crime was owning the property it was done on, and knowing about it but not stopping it.  Again, not without blame, but that is a very major point that most people never knew about.  I'm not going to try to make excuses for him, because it's not my place to.  However, the main culprit, who got away with it scott free entirely, was his cousin.  Family bonds being what they are, I can kind of see why Vick took the fall for his cousin.  Furthermore, this took place during a time when all of a sudden, the lawyers and courts were going after any and all celebrities to make a name for themselves.  See, it worked out wonderfully for the lawyers during the O.J. trial, and since then, lawyers and judges have been trying to duplicate that fame and success.  Hell, just last week, "Snooki" or whatever her name is from Jersey Shore was arrested and fined for being topless on a beach in Jersey, that according to locals, happens all the time, and there were MANY others doing the same at that exact same time she was arrested.  Why was she arrested?  Because she's hot news.  Why was Vick arrested and prosecuted and not his cousin?  Because his cousin isn't news.  Then take his Birthday party last year.  Vick's wife threw the party, his cousin showed up and started acting like the thug he is and fired off his gun, so instead of trying to make a bad situation worse, he got in his car with his wife and bodyguard and left his own party and home, yet they want to once again flay him alive.

The hypocritical part of all this is this:  Let's take a look at Ray Lewis.  Does anyone out there remember when he was on trial for MURDER?  Where he got off on a techincality?  The Prosecution had enough evidence to put him away, and a small techincal error freed him, and now he's loved and respected in the NFL because he's a hard hitter.  SO, according to the public opinion, dogs are more highly regarded and valued than humans.  And don't get me wrong, I'm a dog lover! 

Vick stood up and acted like a man.  He did have implicit guilt in the whole thing and took his medicine.  He served his time, and I do believe his full time, not the usual BS they hand out to celebs.  He paid the price of his family loyalty, and now he's back.  And like Mandalore the Skepsis said, I think he gives Philly a playoff shot WAY over that Kolb piece of crap.  Hell, did you see the numbers?  -3 Passing yards by Kolb in the first half.  Vick brought them back from an 18 point deficit to within one touchdown in one half of play.  Not bad.

I loved Vick when he was with Atlanta, and took it kinda hard when he got into his mess.  Even knowing the fact, I was still disappointed and glad I didn't buy that Vick jersey I had in my shopping cart.  But I also believe in second chances, for the most part.  Murderers and child molesters?  Not so much.  But if Ray Lewis can play happily in the NFL in all his glory, why can't we let Vick have his second chance and cheer him on to do great?

Sorry for my tirade.  I honestly have no idea why this topic gets to me so much!