Author Topic: NFL 2010  (Read 18052 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
NFL 2010
« on: March 06, 2010, 06:28:11 AM »
With free agency upon us and the draft comming soon, we can start discussing the new season,

Tamer,  say it ain't so, Big Ben is being investigated for sexual assult?  Didn't he have similar issues last season? This one stems from a Georgia Nightclub,  don;t know much, just caught a quick blurb on the news.

The Bears landed some decent free agents, the biggest was Julius Peppers, though with the dough he's getting can they sign many others?

The Packers once again were fairly quiet thus far and will probably remain so, it seems the GM Thompson, never really gets agressive with this market, so that can be frustrating seeing some great players go elsewhere,

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: NFL 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 08:16:52 AM »
It has been some time since I have gotten any NFL news and I watched a bit this morning while I was working on everyone's feedback. I did hear the allegations about Ben again. It sounds like he may have been targeted and the police didn't even do anything with it, but I guess the NFL is still investigating. I don't know why you would put yourself out there to even give potential moneygrubbers the chance to do that! I can remember when the Redskins were doing thier Summer training at the college I was going too and there were always stories of girls alleging misconduct with the players.  Still, I think he is an idiot for even going to those types of places.

I did also see some of the free agent deals and think the Cardinals, Jets, and Panthers better hope for a pot of gold as they just let a ton of decent players go. It looks like Chicago is making some good deals though. I even saw the Browns were smart enough to resign Cribbs. I was hoping he would be gone from the AFC North.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 01:51:06 PM »
I gotta say, while I'm impressed with the moves the Bears made yesterday, I am still a bit concerned with the team as a whole.  I still think Forte could be a fantastic back for them.  Sophomore slump being what it can be, he had no O-Line to open a hole for him at all.  The biggest failing of the Bears has been and looks to continue to be their O-Line, which they haven't even attempted to clean up yet.  Peppers will put that bite back in their D, and Taylor will be good for a 2-Tier back system.  Not sure about Manamaulena as a blocking TE though.  Olsen is pretty decent, but just needs to soften those hands a bit.  And once again, where are the WRs at?  Hester is NOT a premier WR.  Guess time will tell with them though.

The thing about Big Ben, to me, is that I actually believe it.  I really do.  His cockiness may have gotten the best of him.  Arrogance can be your worst enemy.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 02:01:30 PM »
Pat, who knows. I have a feeling we will find out all the dirty things before it is over. Great, just what my Steelers need, another ordeal with Ben. I will be honest, it wouldn't hurt my feelings for the Steelers to get somoene who knew how to handle themselves off the field.  We had better draft one I think. Batch hasn't stayed healthy for years.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 02:26:39 PM »
From what I read the woman was taken to the hospital, treated and released, I am sure evidence was gathered as well so we'll see.  Shame that be it true or false, it brings bad PR to the league and teams involved.

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
  • need republic commando action figures!!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 07:47:51 PM »
Hey I have season tickets to the Giants going to go see the new stadium this weekend :D Even though I love giants football I have no fate in them. I mean manning is way to young they are teaching jacobs to run outside and we have no wide outs. Now that mcnabb is a redskin lets hope for second place.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 05:44:31 PM »
That is gonna be an interesting division for sure. I bet ole McNabb is gonna be working overtime this year.

It looks like my Steelers are cleaning house, I just hope they do the same with Ben. I am tired of him.

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 05:51:25 PM »
yeah sounds like ben alright.

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 11:18:02 AM »
That is gonna be an interesting division for sure. I bet ole McNabb is gonna be working overtime this year.

It looks like my Steelers are cleaning house, I just hope they do the same with Ben. I am tired of him.

I'm so glad that MCnabb is gone.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 04:31:08 PM »
It is gonna be an interesting year in the NFL thats for sure.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 05:34:08 PM »
I am just excited thatthe draft is nearly here, not the Thompson will blow us Packer fans away but I love draft day

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 10:39:07 AM »
 the G-en came up with the cool d end that does backflips :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 12:39:46 PM »
I need to see who my Steelers drafted besides a C. I thought they would probably go WR first round or maybe even QB since they still have Ben.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 01:55:32 PM »
They probably SHOULD have gone QB since they're looking to dump Big Ben.  I have to agree with the Rooney's: He is showing no signs of growing up, and they demand respect and professionalism from their players.  It IS a privilege to play professional sports, NOT a right.

Still, I was surprised to see Clausen and McCoy went so late in the draft.  I'd be seriously concerned with Bradford, since he ended 2 seasons with shoulder injuries.  But then again, who am I?

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 09:59:56 AM »
Boy my eagles did a bang up job of, as usual, DOING FREAKING NOTHING IN THE DRAFT