Author Topic: 2010 Olympics  (Read 4751 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
2010 Olympics
« on: February 12, 2010, 06:10:02 PM »
Anyone here planning on watching the winter Olympics?

The winter Olympics are my favorite of the 2,  I usually try to catch the bobsled, hockey biathlon events, Curling is an event that hits close to home here as we have an  training center locally and it seem to be big for Wisconsin, I'll also check out the skijumps and snowboard stuff,

The opening ceremony is about an hour off as of now,

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: 2010 Olympics
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 06:22:34 PM »
Yepper, I like the Winter Olympics better than the summer ones too. I still remember when the US Mens Hockey Team beat the heavily favored Soviet Union. I think that did more to end the Cold War and started showing chinks in the armor long before the Soviet Union went under. I love the Hockey, the bob sled, luge (bummer about the one young man who died today, ski jumping. I like it all. My mom loves the figure skating. It was the one thing we could agree on watching when I was a youngster. Bring on the opening ceremonies. I hope it stops raining there or it is gonna be more like Slush olympics than winter ones!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 12:22:40 AM »
I'm also a big fan of the winter Olympics. The austrians are much better in winter games than in summer games. My favorites are ski-run and ski jump.
I hope the weather is getting better in the next days.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 05:54:17 AM »
I watched the opening ceremony till about a little after 11 pm. Some of it was pretty good, some of it seemed a little wierd to me. I guess we all knew it wouldn't even remotely touch what happened in China the last Winter Olympics. Still, I guess we can all understand why that is the case.

I am looking forward to seeing the opening competitions today. I am tired of watching announcers,  I want to see some sports.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 01:42:31 PM »
I finally get to see a hockey game live

first period just ended, Quater final USA VS Switzerland

http://www.nbcolympics.com/hockey/resultsandschedules/match=IHM400301/video.html?__source=msnhomepage&GT1=39003

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 01:51:30 PM »
I have enjoyed watching the olympics this year more than ever before. My favorites have been the snowboarding, the speed skating, the Louge, the bobsledding, and the skeleton. Did you guys catch that crazyness?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 08:48:12 AM »
It was fun to watch it some while I was off that snow week, but I haven't gotten back into it lately. Isn't there some tiff now on the women's ski team or something?

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 08:31:01 AM »
It all wraps up today,   I can't wait for the Gold medal hockey game today,

USA VS Canada

Should be good.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 04:36:59 PM »
Well the Hockey game didn't go the way I wanted it to but it was an exciting game nonetheless,

Congrats to the resident Canadians,

Now the closing ceremonies and it will be it til the next 4 years roll by.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 04:39:45 PM »
That was a nail-biter of a game. Man, I really enjoyed watching what I could of this year's Olympics.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 05:47:56 PM »
Great game, though I am still confused on how it all plays out: USA had 0 losses, Canada had 1 loss and it was to USA, yet Canada takes the gold.  With both teams having 1 loss now, you'd think it would go to a playoff game or something, but apparently not.  Oh well.  You really had to feel for USA's goalie.  Miller had been spectacular all throughout the tournament, allowing only one more goal than was helpful for their team, and you could see it in his face.  He felt like he let all of America down with that final goal by Crosby. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 11:22:14 AM »
I didn't get  a chance to watch the game and just turned on the TV when they were doing the medals and I could see by the way the US team was looking that we must have lost. I don't understand it if both teams had one loss either. Guess I will stick to football, that I can understand.

That being said, we won more medals than any other country in Olympic history. That is pretty cool. The one US member I could have done without was the Lindsay gal who used profanity on national tv when she went of the course. No class. No class at all.