Author Topic: The Ky'lessan  (Read 8970 times)

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
The Ky'lessan
« on: January 14, 2010, 01:00:23 PM »
INFO: The Ky'lessans were a Humanoid Ophidian sentient species with oily, scaly skin. They were active in the galaxy during the Galactic Civil War and spoke Basic with a lisp. Soon after the Battle of Yavin, the Ky'lessan known as Snake-Eyes, who was the assistant of Captain Scarlet Bloodhawk in her repair port, betrayed his boss for profit.

RACE: Ky'lessan
HEIGHT: 1.5 to 1.7 Meters Tall
SKIN: Yellow, green
DISTINCTION: Humanoid ophidian
LANGUAGE: Ky'lessan

HOMEWORLD:
Ky'lessia was located within the Ky'lessia system. It was the homeworld of wulfruit trees, Ky'lessian fruit bats, and Ky'lessian feather mites. Its exports included Ky'lessian Fruit Distillate, a popular Outer Rim alcohol.

BIOLOGY AND APPEARANCE:

Ky'lessans were humanoid reptiles covered with damp, oily scales. They had a mouth structure allowing them to speak Galactic Basic Standard; however, at least some Ky'lessans demonstrated a lateral lisp when doing so; that is, they pronounced the phonemes /s/ and /z/ as th (as in thith = this) and cee (as in ceebra = zebra).

The Ky'lessan come in two distinct types, the ones from the South have legs and the ones from the North are snake like, the reason why the ones from the South developed legs is the fact they live in colder climes and they could not gain traction on the ice with their Snake like tails so  over generations they developed legs.

Southern Ky'lessan:

CULTURE AND HISTORY:
Ky'lessans were members of the galactic community by at least 0 ABY. Ky'lessans could find work such as management or co-management in port repair operations, for instance. Some Ky'lessans served as informants for the Galactic Empire, an organization widely known for its Humanocentric speciesism. At least on some occasions, individual Ky'lessans were known by nicknames when dealing with other species.

At least one Ky'lessan displayed traits such as ambition and greed, resorting to immoral acts such as kidnapping and sabotage to obtain an economic profit.

As of 0 ABY, Ky'lessans were members of the galactic community. At that point, the governing Galactic Empire allowed Ky'lessans to earn money in exchange for services to the Empire, even if those services were unrequested.

Soon after the Battle of Yavin, the Ky'lessan known as Snake-Eyes worked as the second-in-command of a little-known repair station owned by Scarlet Bloodhawk. Selfishly wanting full control of the station, Snake-Eyes betrayed and kidnapped Bloodhawk; he then obtained an additional income by skimping on expenses. When a group of Rebel agents—old friends of Bloodhawk—arrived at the station for repairs to their Thorsen field driver, he reported their presence to the Galactic Empire in exchange for a nominal fee; however, with a warning from the station's domodroid H2-1B4, the Rebels rescued Bloodhawk and left the station, barely escaping from an Imperial cutter.

APPEARANCES:
"Class Reunion" - Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, First Edition

SOURCES:
None

I would like to thank Wookieepedia for this info.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 07:36:34 PM by Cimter »

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
Re: The Ky'lessan
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 05:26:51 AM »
Yet another RPG-only alien I wish the EU would further explore but haven't. 

I think I have a custom idea...

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:24:31 AM »
Looks like a perfect match for the avatar heads.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 06:06:44 PM »
Yeah with a little bit of modification I can see those working great.

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 10:35:37 AM »
I started a custom of a Ky'lessan based on the picture you put in the thread.    ^-^   It's wearing a uniform though, another "fan fic" character. 

Where did that picture come from? 

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 03:22:53 PM »
To be honest I have no idea, it was originally a Naga concept art from somewhere, but it fit the description pretty well so I used it, you know me, get the best looking picture that closely resembles the species without a picture.

Hey if Lucas can do it so can I, after all I can't see Hasbro touching any of these races they are to risky apparently, lol.

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 06:23:08 PM »
To be honest I have no idea, it was originally a Naga concept art from somewhere, but it fit the description pretty well so I used it, you know me, get the best looking picture that closely resembles the species without a picture.

the picture fits perfectly to the description of the physical characteristics of the race, so much so that I want to believe that's what the creator was imaging when he wrote them up for the RPG.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 04:42:03 PM »
Can't wait to see this NFC, I liked the last ones you did, and I am hoping to see more of these done by you. And I have word someone else is going to be doing this race as well, looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 06:44:20 PM by Cimter »

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 07:39:07 PM »
Can't wait to see this NFC, I liked the last ones you did, and I am hoping to see more of these done by you. And I have word someone else is going to be doing this race as well, looking forward to it.
kick ass!  I can't wait to see another custom of one of these obscure aliens! 

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 06:29:58 AM »
Does anyone know what the lower body looks like?

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 10:50:41 AM »
Does anyone know what the lower body looks like?
I have no idea and the write up didn't give much guidance so mine has humanoid legs.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 03:28:27 PM »
To be honest it can be whatever you want, but I think what may look good is if it's lower body was like Oppo Rancisis body Snake like, but like Naga they can be either, so legged and snake would be acceptable.

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 03:40:35 PM »
To be honest it can be whatever you want, but I think what may look good is if it's lower body was like Oppo Rancisis body Snake like, but like Naga they can be either, so legged and snake would be acceptable.
I went with the legs because this Ky'Lessan's job requires a uniform...

he is Cloud City Wing Guardsman CSINNAR WYVR

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 04:02:11 PM »
That's cool what base head did you use, and I amended the racial template to show that there is two different types of Ky'lessan, Southern and Northern - so yours would be a Southern Ky'lessan.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 07:37:29 PM »
Congrats NFC your the first one up.