Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 279474 times)

Offline My kind of scum

• Lieutenant
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #1065 on: October 08, 2013, 06:53:20 AM »
- Since it has been said that the 5 poa are for kids and the 3.75" Black Series is for collectors, can we start to see more collector oriented choices for the 3.75" BS?  ie. less main character redos, more never before done figures, more obscure choices, etc?

- Will there be a corrected version of the 41st clone?  How did it make it to market in such an incorrect state?

- Any possibility of the second shown Utai figure from the BAD days making his way into the line?

- Will the main ship that has been shown in the Rebels marketing be something Hasbro is considering going forward?

- When do you plan to be able to have Episode Seven sneak peek figures available?

- Any chance for the return of Q and A sessions, maybe with fewer participating sites so that they don't become overwhelming or repetitive?

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #1066 on: October 08, 2013, 12:58:50 PM »
May we suggest a couple of army builder Battle Packs?  The packaging doesn't have to be TVC style, but the figures do.

1.  Emperors Royal Guard.   Without the EU accessories is OK.
2.  Magnaguards.    Preferably with those amazing cloaks.  Could you make some of them black and white?
3.  Gammorean Guards.    Nuf said!

Does anyone disagree that anyone of these wont sell out instantly?

Offline DarthDrew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1067 on: October 08, 2013, 06:10:39 PM »
Is there a possibility of more Knights of the Old Republic figures? With Bastila Shan winning a Fan's choice poll nearly 8 years after the game's release, and the high demand she commands on the 2nd hand market (as well as the other kotor figures) why not whip out some more characters? Maybe some main villains like Calo Nord, or Darth Bandon or knock out some of the crew members in a multi pack set like what you did with the Force Unleashed figures?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1068 on: October 09, 2013, 02:34:46 AM »
I just had a thought this morning:

When you create definitive figures like the Gamorrean Guard, Zam Wessel, Ponda Baba is there some process about deciding whether to do more development on a new figure of the same character? Or do you pretty much lock that character down at that point and just decide when to bring it back? I am also wondering about your process, for the Black Series 3 and 3/4 Line, about which characters to make super-articulated (14 poa or more) or which ones you think you can get away with not as many moving joints?

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #1069 on: October 10, 2013, 05:31:56 PM »

Last night, I got a small amount of time to speak with Jeff Labovitz from Hasbro's Star Wars Design Team. I was armed with a ton of great questions pulled from the board and our Facebook page, but there were far too many questions to ask in the short time I had Jeff's ear so I picked some of the more pressing questions.

Here are the results (Jeff's replies are not verbatim as I had to jot down quick notes as he spoke, but I made sure to hit all of the points he made):

1)  Is there any talk yet about when the Vintage Line Might make it's return?

That is not something we are planning for as of right now.

2) After the recent Amazon Exclusive B.A.D. Set is it safe to assume that the B.A.D. experience will be reserved exclusively for Disney Parks and related kiosks?

Nothing is planned right now for BAD's return, but it isn't something I would rule out for the future.

3) Will the "Rebels" toy line be animated or realistic?

The "Rebels" toyline will be somewhat stylized in the same design as the animation but will be closer to a "realistic" style than "Clone Wars" style.

4) Since you said 6 inch is best of the best will that only be a line of familiar characters or will you be making 6" for rebels and episode seven characters also?

This is something that we haven't decided on yet. There is always the possibility, but nothing is in the planning stages.

5) Any word on any new three and three quarter ships?

Not as of yet.

6) I see that you are releasing the obscure Jedi Geonosian packs over at TRU. Can you please release some similar Battle Packs that feature more desired obscure characters from the Cantina bar and Jabba's that have never been released as a figure?

We are working on sets like that for possible exclusives down the line, but they are not anything we are ready to talk about until such time that potential exclusive partners have been found.

7) Any chance we are going to see a continuation of the mini-rig line?

No clear plans at this point, it would potentially depend on future animation or other entertainment media developments.

8 ) What is coming for the Star Wars six inch waves past wave 3 and can we expect any eu figures for this or the 3.75 inch lines in the direct future?

Look for info at Toy Fair next year for developments past Wave 3. No plans for any EU figures in the 6" line and none in 3 3/4" besides Mara Jade for now.

9) Death Star tower turrets!  Why hasn't Hasbro made something like this?  It could be hollow with a door that opens with a chair or something for an officer to man the cannon.

That is a great idea! Sadly, there are no plans for any kind of playsets at this time. There is the possibility of small playsets in the future if new entertainment calls for it.

10) There are some very high/in demand figures that could be repacked into the Black Series, but we aren't seeing them.  If you're not going to put them back out at full blown retail, how about some Hasbro Toyshop Exclusive BLACK SERIES repack figures selecting some of the hottest figures that people are still wanting more of?  You know, Gamorrean Guards, Imperial Royal Guards, Bastila Shan, Galen Marek, vintage Ahsoka Tano, Old Republic Trooper, Ponda Baba, TFU Shaak Ti, Jacen & Jaina Solo, K'kruhk, etc...?

This is something that is possible, but it is not something that we have plans for or that we can talk about right now.

11) Why don't we see OT love in the deluxe lineups?  There are so many cool smaller mini-rigs from the OT that are getting looked over.  Just in ANH there are a ton of little ships parked around the buildings - why is it that none of these are ever made?  We'd love to buy these!

There are not many high profile small vehicles in the OT for this price point, sorry.

12) Any possibility of the second shown Utai figure from the BAD days making his way into the line?

This isn't an issue being talked about by anyone in the department right now, but it might happen someday.

13) When do you plan to be able to have Episode Seven sneak peek figures available?

I can't talk about that yet, sorry.

14) May we suggest a couple of army builder Battle Packs?  The packaging doesn't have to be TVC style, but the figures do.
Like the Emperors Royal Guard.   Without the EU accessories is OK. Magnaguards.    Preferably with those amazing cloaks.  Could you make some of them black and white? Gammorean Guards.    Nuf said!

This is a great idea for exclusives if the right partners could be found.

Bonus (this is not a question that I asked, but was asked by the guy ahead of me):

Will the "Rebels" line be 5 POA or like the Black Series?

Rebels will be 5 point-of-articulation like the current Saga Legends and Mission Series lines.

I hope everyone enjoyed seeing their questions answered by Hasbro!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 02:39:33 AM by Tamer »
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #1070 on: October 10, 2013, 08:02:13 PM »
Thanks for the updates and asking some of my questions, I really appreciate it... hoping someone was able to ask them about the oversized clone helmets...

0/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1071 on: October 11, 2013, 02:41:53 AM »
Nice job Dan. Well there are a few nuggets in there.

Kinda scratching my head about your bonus question when their product description said they will feature multiple points of articulation and the answer you heard from Hasbro said they (the Rebels Line) will only feature 5 poa.

I guess maybe 5 poa means multiple points of articulation to Hasbro now? Sure hope thats not the case. Still, it was great to use the ole Q and A Graphic. I can't wait to see what else you get into this weekend Dan.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #1072 on: October 11, 2013, 04:40:11 AM »
"Will the "Rebels" line be 5 POA or like the Black Series?

Rebels will be 5 point-of-articulation like the current Saga Legends and Mission Series lines."

I guess this means my fellow action figure customizers and I will literally have our work "cut out" for us to add the wanted more than 5 points of articulation to the upcoming Star Wars REBELS figures. Great job again hasbro!  NOT !!!   >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(   
5 points of articulation=RIDICULOUS! 
What is it the 70's again?    >:(

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #1073 on: October 11, 2013, 05:37:55 AM »
So glad they answered my questions about the Cantina and Jabba Skiff Guard packs!  Was even more excited about their response.  Please retailers jump on this idea for one of your exclusives.  We want these packs bad!!!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #1074 on: October 11, 2013, 07:17:24 AM »
Sorry if this sounds negative, but Hasbro looks to have 3 standard answers. 1) No plans at this point 2) I can't talk about that yet or 3) this isn't an issue being talked about by anyone in the department right now, but it might happen someday.

Again, I don't wish to sound negative, but it seems as if Hasbro is the same as always. From a consumers point of view  this is what I feel Hasbro offers us:

"We will make what we want, when we want, how we want with as much articulation as we want. Sorry about availability, but buy online and pay extra for what you can't get in the stores. Sorry those are your options. If you don't buy it, fine. If we don't make enough money, maybe we will just cancel the Star Wars line."

Again, simply my point of view as a consumer and collector. Not trying to be negative, but perception is reality.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #1075 on: October 11, 2013, 01:17:40 PM »
"Will the "Rebels" line be 5 POA or like the Black Series?

Rebels will be 5 point-of-articulation like the current Saga Legends and Mission Series lines."

5 points of articulation=RIDICULOUS!  
What is it the 70's again?    >:(
I share that pain.  Good fodder has been hard to find, but I've been stockpiling for a while.  At my tempo, I have a couple of years worth.  At yours,  maybe a couple of weeks.  ;)
Do you have fiVe belOw near you?  The Thor Movie line at $4 is a steal.

Sorry if this sounds negative, but Hasbro looks to have 3 standard answers. 1) No plans at this point 2) I can't talk about that yet or 3) this isn't an issue being talked about by anyone in the department right now, but it might happen someday.
Again, I don't wish to sound negative, but it seems as if Hasbro is the same as always. From a consumers point of view  this is what I feel Hasbro offers us:
I agree.  This seemed cordial, but less than informative.  For years now, Hasbro Q+As have a presidential press conference feel to them.

So glad they answered my questions about the Cantina and Jabba Skiff Guard packs!  Was even more excited about their response.  Please retailers jump on this idea for one of your exclusives.  We want these packs bad!!!
It would sure be a great jump start for my Cantina Aliens.  Mine is lacking.

Thanks for asking my question.  Let's hope Hasbro an find "the right partner" for some army builder battle packs.  Darn!  Why didn't I add, Hoth Rebels?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 01:27:08 PM by Sjefke »

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #1076 on: October 13, 2013, 04:21:22 PM »

Again, I don't wish to sound negative, but it seems as if Hasbro is the same as always. From a consumers point of view  this is what I feel Hasbro offers us:

"We will make what we want, when we want, how we want with as much articulation as we want. Sorry about availability, but buy online and pay extra for what you can't get in the stores. Sorry those are your options. If you don't buy it, fine. If we don't make enough money, maybe we will just cancel the Star Wars line."

Again, simply my point of view as a consumer and collector. Not trying to be negative, but perception is reality.

I agree completely with you.  Hasbro has really been a major letdown the past couple of years - they are simply not the company they were back in the TAC and Legacy days.  Almost all of their failures are on own their shoulders too.   Overproduction of launch waves, crappy paint schemes all too often, grossly oversized clone helmets, bubbles that fall off cardbacks, no understanding of the playset market... etc., etc., etc.

Hasbro has fallen so far behind the market that I've lost most of my faith in them.  It will be hard for me to start respecting their company again for a while. They have a lot of work to do for me to get off their back.  They need to clean house with some of the people running both Star Wars and GI JOE.  It's unbelievable how bad these people have damaged both brands and I do not understand how some of these big names are still employed in the toy industry... it just seems like one failure after the next from them...

I also can't believe they are so against making mini-rigs from the OT!  I don't get that one bit.  They act like it's all to obscure... well, with Star Wars, obscure sells as long as it's awesome product!  Glad they thought the Death Star turret was a neat idea... but their response makes it sound as if "Awesome idea... BUT..."

All I can say, is thank the  Maker for the Galactic Merchants team...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 06:07:22 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1077 on: October 14, 2013, 03:36:41 AM »
Well I will have to credit JTA and their awesome Q and A with getting a few more decent answers out of em. I wanted to let the fans ask the questions for this one as it has been so long since we were able to ask the brand team some q's, but think that next time we are gonna take those questions and perhaps pose them in a way that will make it just a bit harder to some of their standard line answers they must practice a lot! By the way here is the link for the JTA Q and A and part of it that gave me hope was the fact that they said the Q and A Sessions for Sites might be able to come back!

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=12516