Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 279613 times)

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #555 on: April 01, 2010, 09:21:30 AM »
Yeah, a bigger Slave 1 would be nice. I would also like them to give us the exact dimensions of the new AT-AT also.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #556 on: April 01, 2010, 10:04:51 AM »
Yeah, a bigger Slave 1 would be nice. I would also like them to give us the exact dimensions of the new AT-AT also.

That would be nice to add to the atat question.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #557 on: April 05, 2010, 05:11:23 PM »
Got an email about an hour ago, they say no answers today. No reason was given, they say to just stay tuned.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #558 on: April 08, 2010, 06:11:46 AM »
Questions are submitted for the April 9th deadline. I still do not have answers back from the supposed April 5th date for our answers for last round.

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #559 on: April 08, 2010, 06:28:38 AM »
me got question  ;D
in current situations the vintage line will be all about esb and rotj and anh but could we have a realistic version of the clone troopers or jedi?
2.is there a possibilaty that you can turn the dewback trooper in single card ?
3. could the dewback be sold by its own ?
4. as we have the vintage lines coming can we have a deluxe sandtrooper i.e: removable helmet , back pack , weathering , 4 sets of guns , ball hinged or jointed hips , ball jointed torso , ball hinged knees , ankles , elbows , etc ?
5. could we have a release of the i.m.p.s characters in 3 and 4 inch figures and a bp including female scout female snowtrooper female at-at driver etc ?

tamer could you submit the i.m.p.s suggestion please

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #560 on: April 08, 2010, 06:31:20 AM »
I like the imps question. Wonder if Hasbro folks have seen it. We might have to put them onto it.

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #561 on: April 08, 2010, 06:42:56 AM »
thanks tamer  ;D ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #562 on: April 08, 2010, 08:51:56 AM »
I emailed our contact and he sent me the answers to our last round: for what they are worth!

1)Having just seen the Iron Man 2 Mini-Head playsets I am left wondering if there is any chance we might see Star Wars Mini-Head playsets again? Is there any hope we can see the Action Fleet Line revived too now that the titanium line seems to be over? I am hoping this heralds a new Action Fleet / Micro Machine era!

We have been looking at various ways to introduce micro play back to the market, but it has some tough challenges as micro play isn't a relevant play pattern among boys currently.  We haven't found the right hook to reintroduce it yet, but it's something we'll continue to look at.

2)Would you ever consider releasing a wave of  Saga Legends with nothing but hard/impossible to find figures from the past? Figures that are going for extravagent amounts of money on Ebay(examples:Darth Malek, Darth Reven, Scorch, Shadow Stormtroopers, etc...)?

We have done that in the past with Saga Legends, but currently the format is devoted to supplying kid-targeted figures that complement the Clone Wars and that approach has yielded greater volumes per figure that we would achieve with collector-targeted figures. We do know demand remains high the figures you cited, and will be looking at ways to bring them back if we can find a willing retail partner and the right format (such as a multi-pack, for example).

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #563 on: April 08, 2010, 09:42:47 AM »
And a multipack would be bound to have a figure or two I don't need.

"Darth malak, darth revan, hmmmmm, I know, we could put darth Vader and Darth maul in there!"

Offline 501stAppo

• Commander
  • Adrenaline starts to flow!
    • 501stAppo on youtube
« Reply #564 on: April 08, 2010, 09:57:40 AM »
Darth Malak will most likely be released again in 2011 I think, seeing as he also appears in the new MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #565 on: April 08, 2010, 10:15:47 AM »
I think Clint has hit the nail on the head with the nice figures multi-pack. For every one decent figure one would probably get two to three repacks that are not wanted. We will see how they answer the EE Mando figures question, but I would expect a similar answer.

Did anyone notice how they did not address the Action Fleet question at all? I also find it hard to believe thier answer about the micro-head playsets. If they do not think boys want to play with these, whey did they make them for the Iron Man movie?

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #566 on: April 08, 2010, 10:54:20 AM »
Thanks for submitting my question about re-releasing hard to find figures. I notice they kind of dodged the question. I know of only 1 wave of saga legends that had any hard to find figures re-released and that was the wave with the shadow stormtrooper, utapau shadow trooper, and covert ops clones and that wave was impossible to find. And they will probably continue making multi-packs with 1 must have figures with 3 or 4 unwanted repacks. They really think they know what collectors/kids want? The answer about no micro machines/action fleet is ridiculous.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #567 on: April 08, 2010, 11:03:02 AM »
Darth Malak will most likely be released again in 2011 I think, seeing as he also appears in the new MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic

Who told you Darth Malak is in the Old Republic? He died in KOTOR 2 and the Old Republic is set 300 years after KOTOR.

Offline republiccommando1164

• Lieutenant
« Reply #568 on: April 08, 2010, 11:05:13 AM »
WAT!!!!!!!!
Jays these guys oviously dont do any market reseach. I know loads of kids that would love shadow troopers or revan more than they would the ridiculous gungan or gold can cw figures. Heres a point if clone wars figures aimed at kids sell so well how come in my local stores there are dozens of clone wars figures ie ventress c3po even bloddy captain rexs and yet when they first got the bad line (for a limited 3 waves) they were sold out in 2 days.
Hey hasbro hers another point the term collectors means colecting as in we get them and keep them how come following your logic that the collector aimed lines have vaders mauls yodas r2s and c3pos which every collector and their dog have but you wont realease ones that will sell that collectors dont have?
Ridiculous wat a shower of muppets.
(sorry for the rant)

Heres a more serious question.
In your most recent reply to imperial ship yards you said
"We do know demand remains high the figures you cited, and will be looking at ways to bring them back if we can find a willing retail partner and the right format (such as a multi-pack, for example). " Surely a battle pack intitled video greats would suffice for most of them or another intitled republic spec ops.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 11:10:23 AM by republiccommando1164 »

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #569 on: April 08, 2010, 11:08:11 AM »
I just got this off of Rebelscum's Q&A and someone asked about this year's Vintage Saga Legends. What the hell? I officially hate Hasbro now! 90% of these will be peg warmers.

Hasbro: The Vintage "Greatest Hits" number nine (not 10 as previously reported) and
include:
- 4-LOM (EpV wave)
- Stormtrooper (EpIII wave)
- Commander Cody (EpIII wave)
- EpIII Obi-Wan (EpIII wave)
- EpIII Clone Trooper (EpIII wave)
- Yoda with hover chair (EpVI wave)
- EpII Obi-Wan (EpII wave)
- Mace Windu (EpII wave)
- Super Battle Droid (EpII wave)

Saga Legends
Wave 1:
SL01- Bossk
SL02- IG-88
SL03- Zuckuss
SL04- Greedo
SL05- Jango Fett
SL06- Darth Vader
SL07- Leia (Boussh Disguise)
SL08- Darth Maul
SL09- General Grievous
SL10- Clone Trooper (Ep II)
SL11- Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader)
SL12- Obi-Wan

Wave 2
SL13 Yoda
SL14- R2D2
SL15- Shock Trooper
SL16- Clone Trooper (Ep III)
SL17- C3PO
SL18 Chewbacca
SL19- 501st Legion Trooper
SL20- Battle Droids (2 pack)
SL21- Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder Pilot)
SL22- Han Solo (Hoth OUtfit)
SL23- Snowtrooper
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 11:12:30 AM by Mike Cypress »