Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 279468 times)

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #435 on: January 29, 2010, 07:42:57 AM »
1) Hasbro will you be making a snow ops rex in the near futer for the clone wars ling?

Let me save you the trouble of submitting this..."YES".

Yakface had an article confirming this recently...he is scheduled for Wave 3 this year.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #436 on: January 29, 2010, 07:52:55 AM »
Get me more questions. It won't be long till the next submission date. I also like how you folks are clarifying answers already known when some member pose said questions like McMetal just did. I appreciate it.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #437 on: January 29, 2010, 07:36:13 PM »
where are the last rounds answers I want to know if all the new clones are gonna be crap like this new Stone.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #438 on: January 30, 2010, 05:52:30 AM »
where are the last rounds answers I want to know if all the new clones are gonna be crap like this new Stone.

It isn't any use to get impatient with Hasbro there guy. They give us submission guidelines, but they don't always meet thiers. I will post em when I get em.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #439 on: January 30, 2010, 06:17:17 PM »

It isn't any use to get impatient with Hasbro there guy. They give us submission guidelines, but they don't always meet thiers. I will post em when I get em.
Ok sorry.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #440 on: January 31, 2010, 08:11:36 AM »
We are supposed to get our answers back tomorrow so you shouldn't have to wait much longer. Our next round is due Friday by 10 A.M. Get me some more questions so I can pick the two best!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #441 on: February 01, 2010, 09:49:18 AM »
Well I just got an email from Hasbro saying they were not gonna have our answers back for a few more days.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #442 on: February 01, 2010, 10:27:14 AM »
Those dirty dogs! At least they remember us.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #443 on: February 01, 2010, 10:29:21 AM »
Those dirty dogs! At least they remember us.

Yepper, one has to remember they are kinda doing us a service by answering some of our questions.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #444 on: February 03, 2010, 10:05:32 AM »
Ok folks, I got our answers. I must say I am liking that answer to the second one.

1) Will the new sculpt on Commander Stone be used for all of the new clones or is it just a new idea you tried?

We needed to add additional Clone tooling to our lineup, both the add more capacity as well as start to replace tooling which is starting to wear out.  We took the opportunity to sculpt an all-new Clone with what we thought was a better aesthetic over our first generation Clone.  One noticeable difference is articulation - it does not have as many points as the original Clone.  Clone Wars is primarily a kid-driven SKU, so this approach is done with the biggest audience in mind.  Going forward, this is something that we will be looking at carefully with Clone Wars figures since more points of articulation greatly affects the cost.  We will still be using the existing Clone Trooper body in rotation throughout the line, so he's not going away, but we will be phasing in more figures that use the new Commander Stone body.

2) Since you have confirmed a cloud car and new snowspeeder sculpt are coming can you tell us if these ships will be exclusive to one store and will we see new pilots for each vehicle?

Both the Cloud Car and Snow speeder will be released as part of the Starfighter Vehicle collection so will be available to all retailers. There will be one caveat to that, that we will announce at Toy Fair. There will be a new Cloud Car Pilot, along with Dak Ralter to pilot your Snowspeeder.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:44:55 AM by Tamer »

Offline poucher

• Cadet
« Reply #445 on: February 03, 2010, 10:49:15 AM »
hey hasbro i want to have clone troopers with gijoe articulation why give gijoes better articultion please will you do that

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #446 on: February 03, 2010, 11:31:37 AM »
I had heard about the cloud car pilot but getting a Dak figure is news to me. Too bad about getting more clones with limited articulation. The current tool is wearing out? They cast their parts using metal molds, right? I guess after so many million parts, it could be possible. The impressive articulation was one of the high points of the line, though. Seems like if the younger crowd actually plays with their figures, unlike us old goats, they would be more concerned with how easy it was to pose their figures with their vehicles. I do suppose that the younger crowd is less likely to voice their opinions in a Q&A forum such as this.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #447 on: February 03, 2010, 11:41:06 AM »
Ok folks, I got our answers. I must say I am liking that answer to the second one.

1) Will the new sculpt on Commander Stone be used for all of the new clones or is it just a new idea you tried?

We needed to add additional Clone tooling to our lineup, both the add more capacity as well as start to replace tooling which is starting to wear out.  We took the opportunity to sculpt an all-new Clone with what we thought was a better aesthetic over our first generation Clone.  One noticeable difference is articulation - it does not have as many points as the original Clone.  Clone Wars is primarily a kid-driven SKU, so this approach is done with the biggest audience in mind.  Going forward, this is something that we will be looking at carefully with Clone Wars figures since more points of articulation greatly affects the cost.  We will still be using the existing Clone Trooper body in rotation throughout the line,
so he's not going away, but we will be phasing in more figures that use the new Commander Stone body.

well thats just killed the clone wars clones for me :(
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #448 on: February 03, 2010, 11:56:35 AM »
Another typical line of bullshit from Hasblow.  Kids do not keep this line going.  Period.  Collectors do, and always will.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #449 on: February 03, 2010, 02:26:19 PM »

We needed to add additional Clone tooling to our lineup, both the add more capacity as well as start to replace tooling which is starting to wear out.  We took the opportunity to sculpt an all-new Clone with what we thought was a better aesthetic over our first generation Clone.  One noticeable difference is articulation - it does not have as many points as the original Clone.  Clone Wars is primarily a kid-driven SKU, so this approach is done with the biggest audience in mind.  Going forward, this is something that we will be looking at carefully with Clone Wars figures since more points of articulation greatly affects the cost.  We will still be using the existing Clone Trooper body in rotation throughout the line,
so he's not going away, but we will be phasing in more figures that use the new Commander Stone body.

well thats just killed the clone wars clones for me :(
Same here I mean I like to pose my troops and this stone just can't do that that much.