Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 279984 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #240 on: August 11, 2009, 04:30:34 PM »
i still think the dewbacks head looks wrong tho
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2009, 04:33:20 PM »
i still think the dewbacks head looks wrong tho

Yepper, I do agree the head looks all wrong.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2009, 06:02:56 PM »
Dear hasbro;
With the release of the shadow arc-170, can we now expect a battle pack featuring some shadow pilots/gunners and an astromech to man up the new arc-170 and would you happen to have a pic of them?

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
  • "A comMAHND post for the EMpiah!"
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #243 on: August 17, 2009, 06:10:14 AM »
Not sure if this has been asked before .

Hasbro,
The Clone Wars Republic Fighter Tank vehicle looks great.  Any chance we'll see a repaint on this vehicle with an Imperial paint scheme and markings like it appears in the Battlefront II game?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 06:27:25 AM by Psyclone »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2009, 04:50:31 PM »
I am so curious for the annivesary of The Empire Strikes back next year. Any chance we are getting Legacy battlepack with both Rebels, Snowtroopers, and I am envisioning an awesome AT-AT Hoth transmission with Veers, some AT-AT Drivers, and a superarticulated Vader in the mix or perhaps a small holographic vader with his hands on his hips? It would be a great year to do it!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #245 on: August 18, 2009, 06:40:14 PM »
With the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back, along with the popularity and strong sales of larger vehicles, is there ANY hope of a Rebel Troop Transport?  It's definitely along the lines of the AT-TE and Clone Turbo Tank, so the scale is there.  I know many of us collectors would LOVE to have a new version of this!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #246 on: August 19, 2009, 05:21:27 PM »
Dear Hasbro;
looking at my Qui-gon and Eopie Redemption Certificate, I am wondering if you can provide us a list of which figure's upc codes will count towards the redemption.
  It looks as if only certain waves of BAD, Legacy, and CW figures have the right UPC code to be accepted.
"edit" We have heard that saga Legends, CW, and Legacy UPCs from last year will work also.  I take it that Droid Factory, Evolutions, and comic pack UPCs are a no-go

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #247 on: August 20, 2009, 12:30:04 PM »
Questions sent and boy was it a tough job deciding which ones. Stay tuned, I bet a few of these make further rounds. I will say I sacrificed my own question!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #248 on: August 20, 2009, 02:05:52 PM »
Well I just sent in our latest and lookee what was almost immediately sent back!

1. Dear Hasbro, Will the new two seater AT-ST be released with two drivers or can we assume you will release a ROTJ Legacy or Legends Figure Wave with an AT-ST driver so we can man up that awesome looking atst?

While the AT-ST comes with one driver fo the release, we are looking at releasing a carded AT-ST driver within the next couple of years.

2. Dear Hasbro, The new Target Two packs with the fold down droids look sweet and one immediately thinks of a droid gunship and an MTT.  Is there any hope of getting either one?

We're glad you like the changes!  We added the articulation to the Battle Droid not so much to be compatible with any future vehicles, but because we feel the Battle Droids needed this kind of upgrade and it does allow for those who want to produce custom displays showcasing the awesomness of these droids, to do so. While we'd love to see it, the MTT is something that we just don't see getting to due to the sheer size and the fact it's a Separatist vehicle, which is much riskier at those price points.  If it is featured priomonently in the Clone Wars animation, we would consider it.  The Gunship is something that is much more likely because it could be done in a more approachable size.

3. Dear Hasbro, We have all noticed the New Legacy Nikto with the great looking gun. This gun seems to have a clasp that might be made to grip onto a handrail. Could we expect to possibly see an updated Sail barge or Desert Skiff for the future?

We did design that just in case we had a future vehicle for it to clasp on to, but we do not have plans to pursue either vehicle you mention.  The Sail Barge remains perhaps our top "wish list" vehicle, but unless this bad boy gets some serious time in Clone Wars or a future TV show, we would not pursue it.  It's just too big, expensive, and relatively obscure to be a success.

Looks like we need to see what ships the Clone Wars episodes are showing as that is what they are gonna produce!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #249 on: September 01, 2009, 06:47:26 AM »
"Dear Hasbro, what is this 'Clone Wars animation' your designers seem so hung up on?  Are improved revisits of classic/prequel movie figures & vehicles now offlimits?"

I'm not sure if this is a serious question or just a b****y rant masquerading as a question.  More coffee may be in order...

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #250 on: September 01, 2009, 07:01:33 AM »
Fear Hasbro,

Could you tell us when and where Celebration V is ?  Lucas certainly is taking his time announcing it, maybe you can help? ;D

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #251 on: September 02, 2009, 05:48:56 AM »
Hasbro,
In looking through some of the old Star Wars comics from the 80''s, one little storyline really stuck out to me. In the Star Wars Droids series published by Marvel, there was a three part story titled 'Star Wars as seen by Droids'. This was basically a retelling of A New Hope as seen by C-3PO and R2-D2. An neat thing about this though are the many unique character redesigns for some well  known movie characters. For instance, McQuarrie concept Rebel Troopers and Rebel Honor Guards are used in place of the movie versions, a concept Rebel Pilot is seen fleeing the Stormtrooper assault on the Tantive IV, and Ben Kenobi really has the old desert hermit look: he has longer hair, a cape similar to Luke's from Return of the Jedi, and wears sandals while he duels Darth Vader! But two of my favorite designs from these comics have to be the Tie Fighter Pilots and X-Wing Pilots from issue 8. Check out these links for some pics of the pilots!
http://droidsandewoks.weebly.com/tie-fighter-pilot-sketch.html
http://droidsandewoks.weebly.com/x-wing-pilot-sketch.html
I hope you are able to look through these comics (especially issue 8!) and find some inspiration for a comic pack!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #252 on: September 05, 2009, 04:59:04 PM »
Hey guys, we submit Friday morning so get em in this week.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #253 on: September 06, 2009, 04:14:52 PM »
Ok guys anyone else wanna know...

Why in the world is the new Republic Commando from the lastest Evolutions pack not super articulated?

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #254 on: September 06, 2009, 04:35:55 PM »
Is it actually a repack of the really tired Scorch mold?