Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280100 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #735 on: October 28, 2010, 11:10:14 AM »
oh and yaaay! my question got asked
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #736 on: October 28, 2010, 11:14:25 AM »
Wow, what a foreign travesty. Our brothers overseas are getting the shaft. That being said folks if you want to share answers others sites have gotten back, please put them in the Hasbro Q and A round up directly under this thread and then you can comment all you want as we do want to hear what you think , but if we do it all here I won't be able to find the questions for the next round!

Jay, if you can get me a picture of the green effect you are mentioning I will be glad to submit that as an extra question, because they did ask us for it.

I also sent off our next and last round until they give me a new schedule.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #737 on: October 28, 2010, 11:30:09 AM »
can u moved the reply for me shawn ?   thx
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline bobby-brazil

• Ensign
  • I made a few modifications my self
« Reply #738 on: October 28, 2010, 05:06:56 PM »
Ok so the rebel transport is a no go, understandably, luckily i still have mine, what about the blockade runner the tantive IV it has appered as many ships in the  new trillogy, and in the cartoons, heck it was the og millinium falcon

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #739 on: October 28, 2010, 05:21:43 PM »
I recently had the opportunity to talk - at length - with a marketing rep from Hasbro face-to-face in a local WalMart.  During our discussion, the rep mentioned the driving demographic buying Star Wars toys are adult males in my age-range (40).  Yet, when we ask about specific toys, we get answers that include phrases like this, "lack of interest/demand among kids."  If the selling demographic is "adult males between 35-45," then a lack of interest among kids is a moot point.  As a parent of four kids and as an adult who actually plays with the toys he buys, I know that I spend far more on any given toy for myself than for my kids.  We know kids lose interest in their stuff a lot faster than adults do.  We also know we take better care of our toys than the kids do.  If our demographic is the market-driver, why is "lack of kid interest" a valid metric?

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #740 on: October 28, 2010, 05:32:44 PM »
I am sure it is just a matter of time before some pf these dearly desired bigger ships and playsets get made.
They are re-releasing the entire series of movies in 3D at the rate of 1 a year....
Just give it a few years and something good will happen.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #741 on: October 28, 2010, 05:52:58 PM »
I recently had the opportunity to talk - at length - with a marketing rep from Hasbro face-to-face in a local WalMart.  During our discussion, the rep mentioned the driving demographic buying Star Wars toys are adult males in my age-range (40).  Yet, when we ask about specific toys, we get answers that include phrases like this, "lack of interest/demand among kids."  If the selling demographic is "adult males between 35-45," then a lack of interest among kids is a moot point.  As a parent of four kids and as an adult who actually plays with the toys he buys, I know that I spend far more on any given toy for myself than for my kids.  We know kids lose interest in their stuff a lot faster than adults do.  We also know we take better care of our toys than the kids do.  If our demographic is the market-driver, why is "lack of kid interest" a valid metric?

I've echoed this sentiment before myself.  In general I'm fairly content with the way Hasbro handles the line; but that they continue to go to great lengths to contradict themselves on this subject is baffling to me.  I guess the idea of a fall back response of "lack of kid interest" is just a good out for a lot of uncomfortable questions.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #742 on: October 28, 2010, 06:15:30 PM »
I too thought the same thing about perhaps getting newer toys when the 3D movies hit the theatres. Pat may just get his troop transport yet. I think he feels about it the way I do about the Imperial Walker. I don't know what iconic means unless it is big ole ships. I remember seeing a kind of moving graphic in the R2 builders room that had the troop transport in it and daggone did it look cool. I too think this is just another one of those no's we will eventually see a yes too.

Offline customclone

• 3rd scrap burners
  • Commander
« Reply #743 on: October 28, 2010, 06:34:24 PM »
WTF!  even Curto  mentioned about the yellow/greening , the problem is that the tint is very difficult to show up in a photo....

and Hasbro your telling me that in ESB that a cloudcar is more iconic than the Rebel Transport!  jeeez
i got an idea i have the same problem on the CW clones to we will have to send a mint on card one that has that grenish tint on it i just saw some at the wall mart today

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #744 on: October 28, 2010, 08:32:27 PM »
It's the answer I was expecting, regarding my Rebel Troop Transport, and again, all points are complete BS.  Well, except for the no kid interest.  But since they don't buy anything themselves anyway, and we all know that the entire line is Adult driven and supported, it's still not valid in my book.  No playability?  The vintage one was not only a ship, with a cockpit and laser cannon, but also a playset and carry case.  Oh well, I'm not giving it up.  I WILL have my RTT one day!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #745 on: October 29, 2010, 06:45:36 AM »
FWIW, I want an RTT too.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #746 on: October 29, 2010, 07:33:54 PM »
Well we finally get our answers (Pat is not gonna like this one)!

Can someone at Hasbro please explain why the CW Clones all seem to have parts that have gone green (its like the same colour green thats on the torso's of the Anti Hailfire squad)?  At first it was a few Matchstick helmets  now i've stopped buying clones because its impossible to find a clone thats actually all white (where he should be). I went into Sainsbury and found the ambush 2 packs but had to pass as Rys's arms were green and so was Thires thighs and feet!   Have you changed plastics ? Because if you have i suggest you change back , clones are being left on the shelf because they are nearly all badly discoloured.

This is the first we have heard of this issue; we have not seen it in any of our production samples.  We'll look into it; if you could provide pics of this green it would be a big help.  While we check and guarantee production samples of everything that goes into production, sometimes things change due to material availability, changing deco masks, and the like.  Occasionally, we hear of things first from our consumers letting us know that something might be off.
[/color]

Not trying to start a fight but this is complete and utter BS, Banthaskull has already sent them samples of this for thier Q&A's in Aug and got no responce from Hasbro. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #747 on: October 30, 2010, 08:02:01 AM »
Interesting they would say that then. If anyone can send me those other site's question and response I would love to do a  follow up once they send me a list of new dates.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #748 on: October 30, 2010, 08:45:47 PM »
http://banthaskull.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4650&page=2

That is the thread from Banthaskull's Q&A, I linked to the page where all this got reveiled (Post date is Sept, but it was for July's Q&A's

In the same thread is a link to Jedi Temple Archives review of Vintage clone trooper, the signifigant info in quoted by Banthaskull. 

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5840

Here as well is a thread in Yakface about the Yellow troopers, sightings ect. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #749 on: October 31, 2010, 07:54:29 AM »
I will take a look and send a follow up question to see if they still claim this is the first they have heard of it. I am sure they will have a reasonable excuse. :-X