Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 279988 times)

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #705 on: August 11, 2010, 05:32:57 AM »
ive got a question

hello hasbro
i think you know that you cancelled the legacy collection in the united kingdom , but i have seen numerous new legacy collection veichles and figures in my local enfield toys'r'us ( london ) and have wondered why are they're new legacy such as : han solo ( death star ) jaina solo , jacen solo . when they are not anywhere else ?

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #706 on: August 11, 2010, 05:01:37 PM »
Someone noted they had an answer for this one.  Though they seemed like a trustworthy source, their answer wasn't directly traced to an answer Hasbro had given.  To that end:

In regards to the Boba Fett redemption offer: Is it possible to include several redemption certificates, sets of UPC codes with one check totaling the sum of all within a single envelope?  It's been suggested one of the printed bullet points on the certificate prohibits this.  Might we get some clarification?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #707 on: August 11, 2010, 07:06:13 PM »
For a long time, fans have asked for the AT-TE, Twin Pod Cloud Car, and Rebel Troop Transport.  For just as long, the team at Hasbro has said no way to all three of these.  Now, the AT-TE was finally made because it was seen prominently in The Clone Wars movie and cartoons.  The team from Hasbro admitted recently at this year's San Diego Comic Con that the Twin Pod Cloud Car was nixed because the senior member of the group had forbid it, but was no longer there, and now we have the Cloud Car.  So, that brings us to the Rebel Troop Transport?  Does this great item have any shot at seeing life again as a new toy?  I do believe that retail sales have shown that larger scale ships have been selling well, and the playability of this was large in the Vintage days, so I'm certain that the team from Hasbro can make the new version every bit as playable.  And, in anticipation of the answer that there just isn't enough demand for such an item, what would need to be done to prove that there IS such a demand?

Offline republiccommando1164

• Lieutenant
« Reply #708 on: August 14, 2010, 12:46:07 PM »
In previous Q and As you have said that the saga ledgends line is to accompany the clone wars line. With this in mind will we be seeing EU troopers again in next years line up such as the ARC and Barc troopers. This would make sense since this years saga ledgends seems to conncentrate on bounty hunters much like season 2 of the clonewars.

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
« Reply #709 on: August 19, 2010, 10:40:28 AM »
Hasbro answer me this

I've been buying the new figure and all have the same ammo pack where are the republic commando guns can't find them did the manufacture just put in what they had and not these weapons. And how can we get the weapons separtly

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #710 on: August 23, 2010, 09:26:08 AM »
To add to BR's question about the mail away Fett:

What UPCs from what lines can we use for this?

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #711 on: August 23, 2010, 10:57:16 AM »
new question

hello hasbro
i recently watched a fan fiction called i.m.p.s / imperial millitary personell  stories
can we have figures produced witch represent characters in this fan made fictional story / film ?
maybe a female scout , female at-at driver . perhaps a female snowtrooper , along the lines of different heads and guns for these figures we could have blond haired version black haired version and so on , simillar to 2008's saga legends with the imperial officers .
i know alot of fans who would like this to happen and i  think you can make a profit with a i.m.p.s line .

harry dixon

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #712 on: August 28, 2010, 11:59:36 PM »
They aren't going to produce figures from a fan fiction movie, that's dumb for even suggesting it. They said they are scaling back on EU stuff so why would they create figures from a fan movie? They never would. Female Stormtroopers and stuff are way past due but they don't have to be from any specific source.
 I like Phatty's question, but we already know the answer before we ask....."until it's featured in the Clone Wars it isn't considered something a kid would want." They've said that a few times, and it kills me cuz a new Rebel Transport that could double as a carrying case like the old one is something I want/need. ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #713 on: August 29, 2010, 05:54:04 AM »
Phatty's question will definitely go this round and probably a few other times till they get the message. It is a win win for all parties involved I would think. 

It is also getting to closer to another due date for our question submissions so please get more good ones in here. Deryl Depriest from Hasbro commented that we always had good questions and I am not sure I shared that here yet. Keep em coming!

Offline republiccommando1164

• Lieutenant
« Reply #714 on: September 04, 2010, 07:08:31 AM »
I used all of mine atm.
so heres a on the spot one.
Recently you have told another web site that a republic commando pack would imdeed be coming out. Then at celebration V we seen none other than RC-1138 and the boys in several videos. So my question is this how far in advance does Hasbro get told by the clone wars producers of characters to produce? and is there any sneaky little numbers waiting in the wings.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #715 on: September 11, 2010, 05:15:23 PM »
Folks, I got an email message that they are trying to get us our questions that were due this past Monday. Stay tuned.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #716 on: September 14, 2010, 12:25:56 PM »
We got our answers back.

We love the latest snowspeeder and the fact that you included playable as well as movie accurate cannons and harpoon gun. This has given some of us some great ideas. One of those is an idea about doing realistic side guns for the new behemoth At-At.  If you do not plan to release realistic side guns with future At-At releases how about doing a battlepack with these and some figures to man up our At-At's? You could even split it into two battlepacks and give us one side gun per pack. Give us an at-at driver and some snowtroopers and you have a great battlepack. You could even turn it  into a vintage exclusive battlepack with styling from the old vintage battlepack boxes. These would sell like hotcakes!

We don't have any realistic side guns for the AT-AT in the works, but it is an interesting idea and the idea of including it in a Hoth-themed set is an intriguing one.  We'll talk it over with the team.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Have you ever considered giving the fans a poll on your website that allows us to vote on what the next wave of Saga Legends will be? The Nominees will only be figures that have already been produced...nothing new.

We are not going to do a Fans' Choice vote for Saga Legends again any time, soon, because our use of Saga Legends has actually changed a bit.  The figures are kid-focused, and with the narrow item count we have to work with for this segment we have to stick with the "best of the best" figures.  At some point that could change, and if it does fan-voting would be a great idea, but right now there are no plans.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #717 on: September 14, 2010, 04:16:20 PM »
Kid focused? I guess thats why I, a collector, haven't been buying any saga legends figures lately.
I want cool figures like Darth Revan or Malak or perhaps even ee mandos or RC figures in the saga legends. Man, the shelves would be wiped clean if those were offered.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #718 on: September 14, 2010, 04:21:39 PM »
Kid focused? I guess thats why I, a collector, haven't been buying any saga legends figures lately.
I want cool figures like Darth Revan or Malak or perhaps even ee mandos or RC figures in the saga legends. Man, the shelves would be wiped clean if those were offered.

Yeah, I kinda thought the same thing Clint. They can say what they want about repackaging figures. I really see this as being the only reason they won't make some of those really great ones. They already have the tooling and lets face it, their workers know the paint schemes. The only repack I have seen them do with these good ones is the Precybord Grevious due out in a two pack, wherever that was.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #719 on: September 14, 2010, 06:40:55 PM »
I was just at Wal-Mart, and there is about 75% Saga Legends, 25% Vintage/Clone wars. I looked through the "legends"....yeah right. The General Grievous is just a repack of the Sneak-Peak Grievous that was so 5 years ago. How many times are the Shocktroopers and 501st troopers going to be legends in a row? Then all the same stuff: Yoda with wookie gun, C3PO w/ewok throne, and Ob-Wan. If they aren't going to give us something new with Legends, maybe they could stop flooding the shelfs with them????? Thanks for asking my question....even though I knew what their answer was going to be.