Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 279601 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #690 on: July 16, 2010, 05:06:54 PM »
Yepper I can send them in early, but they just took a hiatus on the July 26th round.

Offline cmdrbly888

• Cadet
« Reply #691 on: July 17, 2010, 03:21:07 AM »
i have 2 questons.1:will you be releasing the seargent bric figure as  an exclusive in argos or any other u.k or ireland retailer?its just the mail-aways are only avaible in the united states and canada.what about the european collectors?     2: do you have plans to keep the galatic battle game running for future collections?some collectors dont like it,but its very populer with kids alike.                                                                         

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #692 on: July 17, 2010, 07:49:27 PM »
To the 1st question cmdrbly888, those UK and other country questions get on my nerves since us Americans don't ask questions that just refer to us, plus there are UK websites on the Q&A...just hate to waste a question that only refers to one part of the collecting community. And that 2nd question...how do you know if kids like that game? If you have seen any of the figures with those game pieces that is rare, cuz I just went out looking for some and I haven't seen any new stuff.
My question is this:
How about giving us a checklist of all the figures you have released? I know there has been a 300th figure Boba Fett, 500th Darth Vader, I'm sure we are over 1000(if not then it's gotta be close)so how about a complete checklist, maybe include it in one of  the big vehicles or maybe a special issue of some toy magazine or on Hasbro.com/StarWars which by the way, desperately needs to be updated since the latest news says, "new products hitting shelfs Fall 2009." And can we look forward to a special figure to celebrate the 1000th figure if that number hasn't been reached?                                                                  

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #693 on: July 17, 2010, 09:30:49 PM »
this will be part of your answer MC..

JediNews.uk: I know we asked this a while ago but it's been almost 4 years since the 500th figure of Darth Vader.  I'm sure we're at/close to/or may have even surpassed the 1000th figure mark; do you have any plans to mark this very special milestone and if so what can we expect?

Hasbro: We do not have any plans to commemorate a 1,000th figure.  We've been so busy making sure that we're getting everything out that we have not taken a breath to see where we are against that auspicious milestone.  One of these days we hope to be able to get to a count, but it's likely that we have or will miss it....

they are not going to want to do that CM, They cant even keep count on how many they have made let alone a complete check list,

and how would you go about it? do you just mean main carded figures? or the comic packs, battle packs, pack in's with vehicles and beasts many of which are just slight repaints and every other which way they pack them in?

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #694 on: July 17, 2010, 09:43:46 PM »
thanks man. Mostly what I wanted to know is for a checklist cuz I remember that question about the milestone asked already. And that is my dilemma with counting how many figures and pieces I have in my collection. Do you count repaints as seperate figures? I would say yes. Do you count, for instance, a speeder bike and biker scout as 2 figures? I do.

Offline republiccommando1164

• Lieutenant
« Reply #695 on: July 20, 2010, 03:02:03 PM »
1) The B.A.D line seen some of the best sculpts developed for many figures. However since the tools and molds for these figures have been developed why has hasbro reissued the none fully articulated jango fett for the 2010 saga ledgends line? Also why does the Jango figure on the packet completly different to the packed figure.?  Surely this is false and misleading advertisement. Which is illegal as the good dose not conform to sample or match what it should look like.

WARNING THE FOLLOWING QUESTION IS A RANT AND MAY CONTAIN STRONG LANGUAGE
2) Hasbro lost itself millions potential consumers once it cut of the UK and ROI from the BAD line. Now althoufh the Brits are getting the Vintage collection in TRU as its an exclusive , the ROI dosent have the TRU franchise therefore hasnt got the Vintage line. The saga ledgends line SUCKS and the vintage line is much more superior and has characters wanted eg Commander Cody and Bastala Shan. I therefore would like to know will the ROI be getting the vintage line as an  Argos exclusive like with Nadd Verba? Or is hasbro simply racist towards Irish people.

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
  • need republic commando action figures!!
« Reply #696 on: July 20, 2010, 03:05:54 PM »
this may get you arrested lol

Offline republiccommando1164

• Lieutenant
« Reply #697 on: July 20, 2010, 03:10:42 PM »
Forgot this one
Alot of stores still have a huge surplus of last years saga ledgends figuresie Darth Maul, Obi Wan , Anakin. Could hasbro please explain why the 2010 and 2009 saga ledgends lines have so many doubles. Many of these doubles are figures that would only be bought once of unlike the clones btw.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #698 on: July 20, 2010, 03:34:38 PM »
I think we can forget about asking any questions about the Saga Legends line because we will never get an answer that we are looking for. The way I see Saga Legends is it's their recycling center, that's where all the figures go that don't sell, and if we don't like them, don't buy them.  Look how many years in a row the Shock Trooper and the 501st trooper have been Legends. They are always pegwarmers because there is too many of them. Hasbro knows what they are trying to pull. Also the questions about the battlepacks are the same way...no matter what us collectors want, they are going to stick to their formula: 1 new piece/figure+3 repacks. We can complain all we want, but they aren't going to change nothing. I wish that there was a way to get them to see our perspective, but I don't think they care. They are all about what they think kids want, no matter that I have seen alot of their kid oriented toys sitting on the shelfs for a long time. I also think some of the questions being asked lately are a little bit hostile.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #699 on: July 28, 2010, 08:42:17 AM »
 Dear Habro,
I have noticed that some of your not yet released Clone Wars figures have been showing up for sale on ebay. Some are listed as official Hasbro figures and some are listed as customs, but obviously are not. Some are loose and one, Commander Ponds, are MOC. I am talking about Gree, Bly, Thire, Ponds, and Droidbait coming from Hong Kong, Malaysia, and the Phillipines. Are these figures already released in these countries and not in the US yet? We are including a few examples of sample ebay auctions for reference that can be searched through ebay.

We cannot comment on these auctions, but we do keep our eye out.  We do take appropriate actions with authorities to ensure the integrity of the chain of custody of our pre-production and prototype figures remains intact.

This was an answer we got back several moons ago. Anyone think its time to ask it again?

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #700 on: July 28, 2010, 10:22:36 AM »
You have said you will not rerelease the Scramble on Yavin pack eventhough most collecters never saw it at retail and it sells for $80-$100 on ebay. Is there any chance of repackaging the figures in this pack on individual cards? These figures are highly saught after and  also sell from $25-$45 each on ebay. We get tons of repacks we don't want how about repacking more highly saught after figures, please, pretty please?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #701 on: July 28, 2010, 12:49:45 PM »
L.E. I wish we could get them to let us pick the figures for thier saga legends line. For the life of me I don't know how they get thier ideas for what to produce for saga legends. I have heard them say they don't repack old figures on new cards as it is cost prohibitive, but for the life of me why produce the same peg warming figs time and time again?

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #702 on: July 28, 2010, 01:33:35 PM »
I think a few people have asked the ebay question. They don't like that one. I think it's embarassing for them:
Sprywalker and Tamer's suggestions made me think of this one:

Hasbro, have you ever considered giving the fans a poll on your website that allows us to vote on what the next wave of Saga Legends will be? The Nominees will only be figures that have already been produced...nothing new.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #703 on: July 28, 2010, 03:53:11 PM »
I wonder what they would say if we asked that again. Anyhow I am also wondering this one.

What is up with the Hoth At-St driver (per the Target Ultimate Battle Pack from SDCC presentation) as far as being able to withstand the cold environment of Hoth? As  he looks straight from the jungles of Endor, wouldn't Hoth be a little harsh with thier open viewports? I would have imagined that he would look more like an At-At driver (if not have been one outright) or at least looked capable of withstanding Hoth (kinda like Veers from the Saga2 collection). Do you have any plans to give him Veer's chest armor or to accesorize him like an At-At driver?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #704 on: August 02, 2010, 12:00:17 PM »
Ok folks I did a little web work so you can find all of our previous Q and A sessions off of the main page.