Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280416 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #660 on: June 28, 2010, 05:19:24 PM »
dear hasbro;
  pics have leaked of a new clone wars release slave 1 vehicle. Is this a new sculpt or one of the previous ones and, Are there any new play features that you could describe for us?

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #661 on: June 28, 2010, 05:59:41 PM »
dear Hasbro

i am from the UK and we have just had Vintage/new CW  hit the shelves at TRU ,i am a bit troubled by something  ,in the UK Legacy took a major hit when the price went up ,now you claim to be trying to encourage collectors back to the line ,but you have given TRU exclusivity in the UK thus severely restricting the lines exposure (TRU 's arent exactly ten a'penny over here ,my nearest one is nearly 60 miles away,the new cost of figures + a delivery charge will be the reason i will be skipping vintage altogether)and you have made them even more expensive ,when you yourselves said that they would be the same price as legacy ,myself and a lot of collectors feel this , coupled with the number of repacks may deal this line a death blow before it even gets off the ground ,also it has been noted that the case assortments for CW are absolutely awful 12 figs in wave 1  only 4 new figures well.. 3 new and 1 kitbash(a very high repack percentage )and only packed 1 to a case  it seems it would have made more sense to weight the case assortments more in favour of the new figs considering that some retailers are complaing of be left with loads of anakins and obi wans, isnt there a danger that they will sell all the new figs very quickly and be left with a lot of pegwarmers?(considering the high repack ratio) i would be very grateful if some one at hasbro could explain why this has happened .
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 06:25:29 PM by wraithnine »
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #662 on: June 28, 2010, 06:06:49 PM »
see ...and i didnt swear once! ;D

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #663 on: June 28, 2010, 06:11:15 PM »

Will you be able to say the same thing when you see thier answer?

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #664 on: June 28, 2010, 06:20:30 PM »

lol ...probably not  :-\

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #665 on: June 28, 2010, 06:23:18 PM »

shawn rumours are flying around the the new pricepoint for vintage in the U.S. is gonna be $9.99 and for CW $8.49   thats a hell of a hike!

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #666 on: June 28, 2010, 06:26:24 PM »

shawn rumours are flying around the the new pricepoint for vintage in the U.S. is gonna be $9.99 and for CW $8.49   thats a hell of a hike!

Well toysrus prices seem to agree with you Jay. They keep saying they will be the same Legacy price, but I wouldn't put it past them either.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #667 on: June 28, 2010, 06:29:41 PM »

they said the same here but vintage has gone up! (and considering theres no pack in ,its a bloody cheek!)

Well toysrus prices seem to agree with you Jay. They keep saying they will be the same Legacy price, but I wouldn't put it past them either.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #668 on: June 28, 2010, 06:39:22 PM »
Here are our latest answers. I guess thats what you would call them.

Is there any chance we get a few comparison images showing the new snowspeeder up against some previous offerings? Something to give us an idea of the size relation between the two, if any?

Unfortunately, we don't have any comparison pics available at this time.  The new one is about 10-15% smaller than the original.

Why can't we get a checklist for all the products coming in the next year with some pictures? Instead we have to speculate and listen to rumors and then we get leaked pictures popping up. Why can't you guys just cut out all the third partys and just give us a checklist? And if there is a possibility there could be a change, just note that. It would be greatly appreciated by us collectors.

There are many reasons why we don't do this.  First, things changeā€¦.and frequently.  Second, from a marketing standpoint, it's better to not have the whole line available so far in advance, since the goal is to build anticipation close to the time the toys launch.  Third, we don't have pictures that far in advance.  The best we can do is to work on a shorter, confirmed time frame and take advantage of large media events, like Toy Fair, Comic Con, and CV to get the message out about what is new and fresh in the upcoming season.  That's also why the websites play a key role in helping spread the message.
They contradict themselves. They already said that they already have the stuff working for next years waves because it takes so long to produce the figures. They can give us pics/checklist. Now I know what they are doing. They sell pictures to Online stores and provide advanced pictures to the highest bidder. It's like celebrities selling pics of their babies to the Paparazzi.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #669 on: June 29, 2010, 04:59:19 PM »
A Jaster Mareel and Montross?  I would love to have those two figures!
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #670 on: June 29, 2010, 05:08:24 PM »
They just answered that this week. They said Entertainment Earth picked up the 4 comic packs that got cancelled.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #671 on: June 29, 2010, 05:11:03 PM »
I have been collecting comicpacks for years just for the figures you couldnt get anywhere else.
About the time they are making great packs consistantly, they would naturally cancel the line.
Thanks again Hasbro.
At least we can pick some of them up from EE when they finally get around to releasing them.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #672 on: June 29, 2010, 08:12:06 PM »
You're welcome. I have been keeping my eye out for info on that because I want those last comic packs too so that is good news.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #673 on: June 30, 2010, 05:00:11 AM »
Guys did hasbro just tell us to go f ourselves?

LOL. If not, pretty daggone close to it.

Folks if you notice the hasbro q and a round up right under this q and a thread you can list any answers you find from other sites. I put up quite a few  yesterday including the answers to the comic packs and  the delta squad question as well as a few others I thought folks would find interesting. We need to leave this thread just for either questions we want to send hasbro or comments based on thier answers they have given us. I will give folks a day to remove any posts that don't pertain to those two criteria and then I will get rid of them. We are getting database errors for threads that are too long and it is just way too hard for me to go down through all of this and find the questions when it is time to submit them to hasbro. Thanks for understanding.

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
  • need republic commando action figures!!
« Reply #674 on: June 30, 2010, 07:07:13 PM »
man the ansers we are getting are just really a waste of time doing this