Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 279634 times)

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #465 on: February 06, 2010, 01:08:34 PM »
Q: Now that we've seen Pre Vizsla and other Mandalorians in "Mandalore Plot" do we expect to see them in TCW line?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #466 on: February 06, 2010, 01:45:17 PM »
That one will go next round Devin.
I believe I read a response to that question on another site, this week. I will try to find it.

perhaps if enough sites send in the same, or similar question hasbro will do more than just answer it?
This was taken from Galactic Hunter's last round.

Galactic Hunter: Only encompassing the "classic" Kenner line (now owned and carried on in the Hasbro line) what toy (from figures, playsets, vehicles, and "other") either as a new SKU or as a one-off would the "Star Wars Team" most like to revive for the modern line — especially items that are not in the forthcoming Hasbro plan for 2010?

Hasbro: There is one that has interested us for a while, even though it didn't get to the prototype stage, is a modern version of the Droid Factory.  Given that we have built up a library of  Droid Factory parts, it made sense to look at this and the combination of Attack of the Clones inspiration-meets classic Kenner Droid Factory was a fun mash-up. Ultimately, though, the slowdown in the Droid Factory caused us to put this aside although it's something we still have heart for. We would like to make use of our droid part tooling library some day, so it's possible that a set like this could eventually come out. For now, though, it remains far off on the horizon.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #467 on: February 06, 2010, 01:50:33 PM »
While digging up that question and answer, I came across this one from a previous round, also from GalacticHunter.com

Galactic Hunter: Is the release of KRONOS-327 (Ziro The Hutt's IG Assassin Droid) in the Clone Wars basic line a forerunner for getting Ziro the Hutt itself eventually, perhaps as a retool/repaint of the existing Clone Wars Jabba The Hutt? On a related note, are we ever going to get that really nice Nikto Guard that was cut from the Clone Wars Jabba The Hutt Battle Pack? He has army builder potential if you put him on a basic card. ??? Shabby Blue (He keeps a spreadsheet of this stuff.)

HASBRO: Ziro has been discussed but currently is not in the lineup for 2010.  We would still like to get him into the line, and there is potential for him to come out as a retailer exclusive in early 2011.  As for the Nikto Guard, he will indeed come out, with a strong chance at a 2010 release. Right now we don't know if it will be as a basic figure or some other means (Battle Pack or retailer exclusive).  His figure is simply too good to not use.

I like the look of this guy.

droidbait

« Reply #468 on: February 06, 2010, 02:07:17 PM »
love the look of this picture

Offline Clone_General_1977

• Commander
  • "We're Airborne, We're Meant To Be Surrounded"
« Reply #469 on: February 06, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »
Q: Will we ever see Niner and Bell or any of the plain white clone with removable helmets?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #470 on: February 06, 2010, 09:48:20 PM »
I probably shouldn't muck up this thread with all of the other site's Q&A responses and speculations but there is just too much interesting info out there to ignore lately.

Here is a question from yoda'snews answered by Hasbro and then speculated upon by Jeditemplearchives that sounds like an interesting possibility.

YN: I love the OTC figures you've been doing lately, specifically the cantina aliens. Keep up the good work. I display the new stuff and some vintage Kenner stuff as well in my collection. Recently I was comparing my robust collection of modern cantina aliens to the 5 (Blue Snaggletooth) vintage cantina figures and realized how sorry a lot they are. I would love to fill out the old Kenner cantina playset with some more figures. To that end, do you think it would ever be possible to produce new "Kenner" style figures (5 points of articulation) of some different cantina aliens as either a pack in to a battle pack or a mail away figure? I'd love to see your take on what Dr. Evazon or Brainiac would have looked like if they actually were produced in the original Kenner run with some 70's deco. I know that this would mostly be collector focused and that it could be argued that figures like Wuher and Dr. Evazon could already be considered in that style in their current form but they're not really the same. Give it some consideration.

Hasbro: We have looked at this numerous times over the past couple of years, and have decided that we would move forward with the new sculpting, deco, and articulation, rather than look back. The reason is that there are a lot of diverse collecting interests in Star Wars, but we need to keep focused on the heart and soul of collector demand, which is the realistic-style modern aesthetic. There will be one important exception to this that we will announce officially at Toy Fare in a couple weeks, but there will not be any return to the simpler style of figures we grew up with.

JTA:Take note of the mentioned exception above. Could it be that it is indeed the highly coveted rocket-firing Boba Fett figure? And if it is, will Hasbro be designing it utlizing the original mold of the figure or its prototype? We certainly hope so and we will find out for sure on February 13th. And we could also be way off on our speculation as anything is possible.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #471 on: February 07, 2010, 05:29:33 AM »
Good skippy Clint, and I think it need posted, but it is gonna get hard for me to find the questions if this keeps up. Think we oughta start a separate thread for Hasbro Q and A skippy or some such title where we can put this and then refer to it if we think a member has asked a question already asked?

Devin, after reading that Q and A post perhaps a slightly revamped question is in order using thier existing answer to perhaps get a more specific answer out of them.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #472 on: February 07, 2010, 09:21:16 AM »
Good idea on the alternate thread for  q&a skippy. I will do that next round.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #473 on: February 07, 2010, 11:11:05 PM »
how about:

hasbro:  since you hinted at re-releasing a package deal of build-a-droid figures with a "vintage" style droid factory will the factory resemble the classic playset or be a completely new set tooled to look more like the scenes from AOTC in the geonosian droid factory?  If so... what BAD parts might we expect to see included?  Will it be a good mix of "protocol" and "astromech" parts or more geared to one of those styles?

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #474 on: February 08, 2010, 03:06:06 PM »
couple more ideas:

Price increases across the line have been partly attributed to the rising cost of labor over seas.  Based on the current economic trends in the Asian markets, these rising costs will likely continue.  Shipping product overseas to the major consumer, the United States, also plays in the local cost of items.  And finally, plenty of Q&As sessions have hinted at misunderstandings in goals for a final product--i.e. running changes, that may have their roots in language barriers.  Is it becoming more feasible, to bring toy production, not just the Star Wars line, back to the states? 

We understand quantities is one of the primary factors in pricing but, might having a more globally market centralized production facility also help bring down costs to non U.S. collectors who are having to pay rape and pillage level prices to continue with the hobby?

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #475 on: February 12, 2010, 01:15:45 PM »
Here's a couple questions.
1. Hasbro since you have revealed that the new Commander Stone sculpt is the new clone wars clone trooper sculpt will you redo the Commander Cody and Captain Rex to match?
2. Hasbro since the clone swampspeeder has been confirmed as a new vehicle in 2010 will you make a new clone trooper idea to put into the sales to go with it, such as you did with the turbo tank assault squad?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 01:18:46 PM by Squirepec7 »
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
« Reply #476 on: February 12, 2010, 04:00:47 PM »
1. Hasbro since you have revealed that the new Commander Stone sculpt is the new clone wars clone trooper sculpt will you redo the Commander Cody and Captain Rex to match?
2. Hasbro since the clone swampspeeder has been confirmed as a new vehicle in 2010 will you make a new clone trooper idea to put into the sales to go with it, such as you did with the turbo tank assault squad?
wasnt it an AT-TE assault squad?

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #477 on: February 12, 2010, 04:05:05 PM »
You have said you will not reissue the Scramble on Yavin Battlepack even though they are going for $100 on ebay. Is there any chance of getting the Transport, the driver and the ladders from Wedge's X-wing in a Rebel Accessary Pack?

Man I am Jonesing for this pack!

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #478 on: February 12, 2010, 07:58:18 PM »
wasnt it an AT-TE assault squad?
There also was a deluxe pack called turbo tank assault squad that had two clones and two rocket launchers.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #479 on: February 12, 2010, 08:11:36 PM »
Don't forget we don't submit till after Toy Fair and I am sure there are gonna be some good questions we have from that too! Lots of good questions there though already.