Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 279592 times)

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #450 on: February 03, 2010, 05:05:38 PM »
I'm just glad Dak is finally getting a figure. He actually had a line or 2. Look how many figures have been produced, the Ice cream guy, that didn't really need to be made. They keep saying EU figures aren't priority to them cuz they focus on what kids want. Well, apparently kids don't want the same figures that they keep trying to recycle. Ob-1, Plo-Koon, C-3Po on the ewok throne. Man these "Saga Legends" have been pegwarmers for years.
It also upsets me to hear people wanting updates to characters that don't really need updates like Dr. Evazen and walrus man, Ponda boba or whoever you spell it. I guess I am going to have to write me a letter to Hasbro. Sorry for venting. I just look forward to these Q & A's and I hate hearing people waste questions.

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
« Reply #451 on: February 03, 2010, 05:20:30 PM »
Well, if Hasbro is reducing its articulation and reducing their costs, shouldn't this price decrease flow on to consumers? As hasbro puts it "More points of articulation greatly affects the cost", however, i don't see any decrease in prices in Australia with the new CW line! Single figures have reached an astounding all time high of $18 here. Thats almost a vehicle in the US!!! Just saying, hasbro, like any manufacturer, is first in line to reduce costs, but last in line to give a little back to consumers by reducing prices.

Gun, Trigger, Pull

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #452 on: February 03, 2010, 06:20:53 PM »
What a bunch of crap how can metal molds wear out with plastic parts and the other people here are right little kids dont keep the lines going collectors and us old farts do. I think its just a copout by hasbro they got our attention then they change the whole thing to cut cost? whatever thanks again hasbro!

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #453 on: February 03, 2010, 06:29:04 PM »
I for one, don't care about reduced articulation, but I do find it unsettling that they might be "replacing" certain sculpts as they re-release old figures. If you're a completist, how are you supposed to know which repacks are actually differentiated sculpts?  Arghh!

Offline jenki87

• Ensign
    • My Custom photos
« Reply #454 on: February 04, 2010, 05:24:31 AM »
time to pass on the licensing to someone else. comon till now u guys cant figured out what is going on? you really think hasbro has such an important role in the prototypes tooling and production and all? to cut costs most of these stuff are probably done by some outsourced factory in the chinese state of guang zhou. licensing is a ridiculous reason to jack the price to such extravagant rates. one way of judging how expensively priced it is is through bread. just ask urself americans how much does it costs to buy one star wars figure to one loaf of bread. where i come from one single figure can buy you 12 loaves of bread. and im talking abt mainstream ones, not budget ones, that can last a normal family for half a week's worth of breakfast. and then u will say shipping. thats even more nonsensical. i come from asia, and you are telling me its more expensive to ship to an asian country from china than it is to ship to the different states in america? and this is singapore im talking abt, we dun have states where u have to go by land transport. the longest end to end length is only 42km. so i dun see how they justify the costs around here. to tell you guys the truth most of the locals are really boycotting hasbro stuff, refusing to buy till they are forced to sell at clearance. we rather use the money to buy a set of stormtrooper armour prop.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #455 on: February 04, 2010, 08:32:27 AM »
Ok folks I got our latest batch submitted early for the 02/05 submission deadline.

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
« Reply #456 on: February 04, 2010, 09:03:30 AM »
What a bunch of crap how can metal molds wear out with plastic parts

they get abused by the factory, friction, they get "dull" with use.  They get shipped from factory to factory to storage, etc.
It's not like there's one mold though, people.  There's tons and tons of these, and they do get worn down and don't work anymore.

and the other people here are right little kids dont keep the lines going collectors and us old farts do.

A combination of both do, you're fooling yourself if you think that kids don't make up the bulk of how many of these things get sold.

I think its just a copout by hasbro they got our attention then they change the whole thing to cut cost? whatever thanks again hasbro!

Of course it is, man.
Collectors and parents have short memories as to how much these things used to cost just five years ago.  You have to put your money where your mouth is, and not buy them.  By not giving them your money AND being vocal and constant about it, then you might see a change.  Just complaining that a company is ripping you off does nothing.  And don't buy them on ebay, online, whatever.  Don't buy them to customise.  Just **Don't buy them.**  Hate the expensive exclusives?  Do what I do: don't buy them and wait 2-3 years and never pay more than 50% or less than the original cost.

If they change the body style, no more CW for me.  I just won't buy those.
I will put my money where my mouth is. 

Don't like it? Don't buy it. 

That always hurts far more than just complaining about it.
(and hurts them far more!)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #457 on: February 04, 2010, 10:39:06 AM »
Yepper, one of the reasons I don't buy Clone Wars anymore.  I didn't like em so I am letting my pocketbook talk for me.

I see your point about a bit of both being what drives Hasbro. I guess it would drive us all a bit nuts if we had to please two entirely separate entities. What I don't understand is that giving things more accuracy and more mobility would just encourage both groups. Alas cost is always the factor, but I never will understand why you raise the bar only to go back a few steps with a later release, cost or whatever excuse you use.

Offline poucher

• Cadet
« Reply #458 on: February 04, 2010, 12:17:27 PM »
we all hate the articultion your give the clones like an arf trooper why give more articultion

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #459 on: February 04, 2010, 01:28:08 PM »
Like they said, articulation or price? I would rather see less articulation and get a price decrease...like that is ever going to happen.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #460 on: February 05, 2010, 10:58:30 PM »
BAD figures...

Hasbro,  Will we ever see a box set or a rerelease of build a droid figures packaged together in a box set, similar to the original "droid factory" playset from kenner? 

I personally  believe a repacked, droid factory with modern day build a droid parts would be well recieved. 

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #461 on: February 06, 2010, 08:06:00 AM »
BAD figures...

Hasbro,  Will we ever see a box set or a rerelease of build a droid figures packaged together in a box set, similar to the original "droid factory" playset from kenner? 

I personally  believe a repacked, droid factory with modern day build a droid parts would be well recieved. 
I second that. Hasbro you make so very little droids now adays anyway. The only droids you seem to make are in the BAD figures and people spend more money to build and astromech when they could have bought a couple vehicles or something.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #462 on: February 06, 2010, 10:23:39 AM »
That one will go next round Devin.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #463 on: February 06, 2010, 12:04:23 PM »
I believe I read a response to that question on another site, this week. I will try to find it.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #464 on: February 06, 2010, 01:03:20 PM »
I believe I read a response to that question on another site, this week. I will try to find it.

perhaps if enough sites send in the same, or similar question hasbro will do more than just answer it?