Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 286179 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #195 on: July 06, 2009, 10:17:10 AM »
I told you that they would beat around the bush on that stolen factory figure question. It appears that they got the point even though as of yesterday the maylasian seller was still going strong.
To bad about the atst question.
Thanks for asking mine!
We got questions back!!!!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #196 on: July 06, 2009, 10:47:23 AM »
Yepper Doc, you hit one on the head and it was about the only realistic answer we got  back, but we have had rounds where we didn't even get a hint! Perhaps you can come up with a follow up question based on thier answer and your list. Intel is definitely good on your end. Keep those questions coming and we will ask em Yarders!

Yes Clint, I don't think either one of us was surprised by the answers Hasbro gave us on the ebay question. Chances are the sellers will always be one step ahead of em and small time operations will continue to thrive on the bay. In some ways I wonder if they don't actually allow it on one point to see which figures are gonna sell good for em. And yes, it was nice to get some answers back, vague as they always are. I am still waiting for them to send the next round of due dates as July 2nd was the last one I had. Speaking of that, I may try to get our next round of questions turned in a week or so early just to make sure we don't miss a due date so get those questions in so Doc doesn't get em all!  O0

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #197 on: July 06, 2009, 05:41:29 PM »
Here is that one seller, still going strong. I take it that this is ok with them?
factory reject?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #198 on: July 06, 2009, 05:55:25 PM »
You heard thier answer Clint. They are either ignoring it, unable to handle foreign factory security, or may even be testing the figure waters so to speak by allowing this. Either way, I don't see it being stopped anytime soon. Still, it was an awesome question and one that I have not seen asked before. You may have just raised a few eyebrows.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #199 on: July 06, 2009, 06:04:28 PM »
That will never cease.  The figures are made over there, and factory workers get their hands on them before they ship to the States, so they'll put them on Ebay to make a better buck than they do at work!  Either way, if nothing else, it gives us an advanced view of some products!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #200 on: July 12, 2009, 03:18:35 PM »
Ok guys I am planning on submitting our round of questions early as Hasbro hasn't sent me a new Q and A schedule yet and want to make sure we haven't missed a submission. Doc has hooked us up pretty good, but I hope everyone knows they are sure welcome to submit which questions they would like hasbro to answer.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #201 on: July 12, 2009, 03:55:19 PM »
I like the "open thread" approach - that way, when one of those weird questions pops into me head, I can duck in here and jot it down before I forget it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2009, 04:26:15 PM »
Anyone besides Doc have any questions, he is gonna get em all! He has some good ones though.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2009, 07:50:35 PM »
Only cuz I know what's on everyone's hearts and minds!  These are Everyman's questions - I just happened to be the one one who asked first.

Ok - when is/was SDCC??  Last bunch said some of the info we were asking  would be unveiled or at least clarified at SDCC, I think.  Anyone seen info from the Con that applies?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #204 on: July 15, 2009, 06:29:01 AM »
Take a look at the front page for comic con info Doc. I have been posting a few news stories.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #205 on: July 16, 2009, 04:03:03 AM »
Questions submitted. It is probably a week early, but we are not late and it gave me an excuse to ask for the schedule.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #206 on: July 17, 2009, 10:50:29 AM »
With Hasbro's extensive use of soft-goods in recent figure waves, is there any consideration being given to using soft hair on any upcoming figures?

Are you looking at possibly updating or releasing any child figures - Jedi youth, EP1 Anakin,  Anakin's podracer buddies from EP1, training clones, young Boba Fett?

When are we getting a super-articulated (or even decently articulated) Republic Commando? - Don't send that one.
(personally, those shots from the EVO pack do NOT look SA...they look like a straight repack, and *I* will be...angry.)

Are we going to see more figures with ball-joint hips?  Certain Jedi "action poses" can't be recreated without them, you know.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #207 on: July 17, 2009, 05:58:51 PM »
LOL. I thought the same thing with the evo pack RC. We will both be angry.

I was thinking of someting like this:

We here at the Shipyards have seen a pretty good selection of female customs in armor lately, but have noticed that any head sculpt with longer hair means that the helmet will just not fit. We have also wondered, with the individuality clonetroopers are showing, that perhaps we will see some long haired clones in the future? Or some long haired female figures in armor with helmets that will fit? Would softgoods hair solve some of the helmet proportion issues?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #208 on: July 17, 2009, 06:02:19 PM »
Yep, that is a great question, fellers.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #209 on: July 18, 2009, 11:53:24 AM »
Given the popularity of Karen Traviss' Republic Commando series, when are we getting a super-articulated (or even decently articulated) Republic Commando?  The EVO-pack RC looks suspiciously like a repaint of the Scortch/Delta/Omega/comic-pack body.

--end official question submission--
--begin rant--
Seriously, this figure is starting to really PO me - they made Scortch.  Then they repainted him and added some accessories for Delta Squad - FAILING COMPLETELY to give us Sev's sniper rifle.  THEN they repainted it for Omega Squad - geez, we coulda done that ourselves with a can of Krylon!!  AND THEN we get ANOTHER REPAINT in the comic-pack...

...and they are going to "give" us YET ANOTHER REPAINT in the EVO-pack???  THIS kind of "attention" is why we buy single fig's from folks in Kuala Lumpur!  We've got CW "scrawnies" with better articulation than the Commando.  Why?  Armored fig's have ball-knees and ankles.  Some even have ball-shoulders.  Most have removeable - or swappable - helmets.  The RC's have a successful video game, four novels, a short-story, a Mando'a lexicon/dictionary/grammar-book (or will have - have to look it up and see if/when it comes/came out), and more novels in the works.  The RCs are POP-YEW-LUR!!!  They have a following.

Oy, my blood pressure is up...