Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280259 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #1050 on: August 28, 2012, 11:24:33 AM »
Nicely done, sir!  Naturally, we could sit down and talk with these guys for a couple of hours on things - like deciding *which* figs get the "just for kids" treatment and which ones get the "more specialized" treatment.  Very nicely done and some rather intriguing answers.  Glad to know they are watching what we do here!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1051 on: August 28, 2012, 01:08:42 PM »
Wow Spry, that was fantastic. I am glad to see you took that style with them and they did indeed probably give you more than just a straight yes or no because of it. I knew you would handle it well and thanks again for giving Derry the shirt.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #1052 on: August 28, 2012, 02:23:56 PM »
You did us proud! Enjoyed reading it and hope they take your idea's and suggestion's to heart! ;D
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #1053 on: August 28, 2012, 04:21:11 PM »
Great job, L.E.!  I'm sure it was as fun for you as it was for Shawn and I at the last Celebration.  Darryl is a classy guy, very down to Earth. 

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #1054 on: August 28, 2012, 05:19:57 PM »
Nice Q&A! Thats awesome you had your custom figs in your pocket!

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1055 on: August 28, 2012, 08:23:38 PM »
That was classic L.E!!!! Thank you for representing the community as level headed fans and customizers.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #1056 on: August 28, 2012, 10:29:22 PM »
stupendous mate !   
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1057 on: August 29, 2012, 08:16:16 AM »
Fantastic work, LE, that was the bet q&a I have ever read. It was great hearing their body reactions as well as the verbal ones to the questions.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1058 on: August 29, 2012, 08:53:03 AM »
I agree Clint. I think L.E. hit the nail in the head for what we ought to do site wide when we do get an oppurtunity to ask questions again or if they start the q and a back up.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1059 on: October 05, 2013, 05:59:20 PM »
Well Dan is attending a Hasbro Party for us where we can ask some questions!

I am VERY excited to announce that I have been invited to attend an exclusive Hasbro event on Wednesday night in Manhattan! I will be representing http://www.ImperialShipyards.net? at the "'Twas The Night Before..." cocktail party on the eve of NYCC. Hasbro will be showing off tons of upcoming toys from all of their lines including "Star Wars", "Transformers" and all of your favorites. Hopefully there will be new Joes on hand as well.

I will be tweeting and sending pictures so be sure to follow me @The_Spectre_DK for all of the latest exclusive news and pics!

It is so awesome to be able to continue this thread. Get your questions listed and I will get em to Dan.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1060 on: October 05, 2013, 06:55:16 PM »
That is an amazing bit of news, Dan! Thanks from all of us for this opportunity.

My questions would be, what's coming in the future for the gi joe 3.75 line?
What is coming for the Star Wars six inch waves past wave 2 and can we expect any eu figures for this or the 3.75 inch lines in the direct future?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1061 on: October 06, 2013, 04:39:38 AM »
I posed this question on Facebook and got these from the folks there so far:

Hasbro Questions for Dan Twas the Night Before Party:

1. Is there any talk yet about when the Vintage Line Might make its' return?

2. We have seen that great Speeder Bike coming in the six inch line up, any chance we might get a hint about future vehilce offerings in the six inch line up?

3. After the recent Amazon Exclusive B.A.D. Set is it safe to assume that the B.A.D. experience will be reserved exclusively for Disney Parks and related kiosks?

4. We are noticing a lot of Sandtrooper love lately, any reason behind other than its a great character?

5. We absolutely loved the latest larger vehicle offering the form of the TESB Slave I, any chance of a new larger three and three quarter vehicle offering coming down the pike?

6.  Having no doubt working on the new Rebels Toy Lines, will the rebels toy line be animated or realistic?

7. How many new figures will we see from the first six films in 2014?

8: Since you said 6 inch is best of the best will that only be a line of familiar characters or will you be making 6" for rebels and episode seven characters also?

9:Most important! Surly your not thinking of getting rid of the 3.75 and destroying the continuity of the most collected and beloved collection of all time are you?

10. Speaking of Six Inchers, I am guessing we might see information on Vader coming in the future at this great setting, and can we assume most of the OTC Imperial Troopers will see the light of day in this line if all goes as planned?

11. Why did you do that to Mara Jade's head? It was just a superb body, but why the big hair and pudgy face?

12. What are The action figures of 6" Wave 3 & 4?

13. Any word on any new three and three quarter ships?

14. I would ask why they killed the quality control completly? Srsly i have 3 TBS Scouts now and EVERYONE has bad painting and 1 even has a loose arm. Oh and of course, every Bubble was half off when i bought them.

15. I see that you are releasing the obscure Jedi Geonosian packs over at TRU. Can you please release some similar Battle Packs that feature more desired obscure characters from the Cantina bar and Jabba's that have never been released as a figure? I think they would sell much better.

16. What would you say so far about the success of the 5 points of articulation figures? They seem to not be selling very much in my area along with similar figures of different lines (Spiderman, Iron-Man, etc.)?

17. Can we please start seeing a better amount of all-new characters in the SA 3.75" line? I realize that re-dos are necessary, but there are so many characters still undone and with Hasbro marketing it as a line for collectors, it shouldn't need as many of the kid's "anchor" characters, should it?

18. Andy chance of making a vintage greatest hits case-Plagueis, shan, Old republic trooper, Gammorean guard, and female bounty hunter fig from the old republic?

19. Any chance we are going to see a continuation of the mini-rig line?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:42:55 PM by Tamer »

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #1062 on: October 06, 2013, 04:11:32 PM »
Please, if possible, ask the following:

1 - Why is Hasbro using such oversized helmets on the phase 2 clones?  These helmets are grossly oversized and are preventing a lot of people from wanting to army build these figures.  Why not fix the problem with offering some sort of 4-pk with the new SA body, and non-removable helmets that look properly scaled to the body - Shocktrooper, 501st trooper, Utapau trooper, white generic trooper

2 - Death Star tower turrets!  Why hasn't Hasbro made something like this?  It could be hollow with a door that opens with a chair or something for an officer to man the cannon.

3 - Is Hasbro aware they are missing the boat on modular diorama walls?  Why won't they do something like this?  A flat 2-sided plastic wall that can stand on its own, packed with an army builder and accessory, is a minimal risk, but high on collector wishlists!  If these didn't look cheap, diorama builders would buy these by the boatload... and other companies are taking advantage of kids wanting playsets too - just look at Imaginext and Playmobile - these brands are pumping huge playsets out each year and stores like Toys"R"us dedicate an entire aisle to their playsets!

4 - Looks like the Black Series Stormtrooper suffers from poor paint applications.  What is the plan to fix this moving forward?

5 - There are some very high/in demand figures that could be repacked into the Black Series, but we aren't seeing them.  If you're not going to put them back out at full blown retail, how about some Hasbro Toyshop Exclusive BLACK SERIES repack figures selecting some of the hottest figures that people are still wanting more of?  You know, Gamorrean Guards, Imperial Royal Guards, Bastila Shan, Galen Marek, vintage Ahsoka Tano, Old Republic Trooper, Ponda Baba, TFU Shaak Ti, Jacen & Jaina Solo, K'kruhk, etc...?

6 - How about a BEAST PACK series?  You could make some very awesome creatures that have been lacking for years... a new Wampa, Orray w/ Geonosian rider, and new Nexu come to mind...

7 - Why don't we see OT love in the deluxe lineups?  There are so many cool smaller mini-rigs from the OT that are getting looked over.  Just in ANH there are a ton of little ships parked around the buildings - why is it that none of these are ever made?  We'd love to buy these!

0/
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:17:46 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1063 on: October 06, 2013, 04:49:51 PM »
Hey hasbro, how about another killer mail in redemption figure this year, for star wars or gi joe or both lines?

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #1064 on: October 06, 2013, 11:48:46 PM »
naaah Hasbro are going after simplicity this year ,in as much as they treating their customers as if we are all a bit simple and will buy any old tat they put out! oh and i think the QC dept all went on a years sabbatical.
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms