Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 143961 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #510 on: February 22, 2010, 12:21:30 PM »
Man how do you make your paint jobs look like factory made those are great liking the arf head on that trooper body!! Oh yeah im still working on that part list might be a biggie.
Thanks for your comment, Kreeper2! I guess it's more time and patience than anything. Make it as big as you want. I could use a big order right about now.

i realy want to see you cast a full figure body clint can you have a try
This sounds like it would be more trouble than it would be worth, Poucher. Unless it was a figure of my own sculpting, of course.

Here are some shots of a figure's paint job from the past that I am proud of.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:29:08 PM by Clonehead »

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #511 on: February 22, 2010, 02:24:22 PM »

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #512 on: February 22, 2010, 04:21:12 PM »
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #513 on: October 19, 2010, 03:17:59 AM »
And, here are the shots that I pulled out of the archives today, of a figure that I had posted a shot of early in this thread . This is a figure that I did either late in the first year of my customizing or early in the second year, I don't know. "how long have I been doing this, Shawn?"

This figure was an elite corps clone that I had fitted a solid cast airborne trooper head onto and used the helmet topper from an ATTE gunner to dress it up. I had painted the airborne helmet to match the elite corps camo and gave him a neon green visor. I made for him a paper mache kama with typing paper trim and painted that up.
I made two full-length capes for him. The inner cape was a paper mache item and the outer cape was my first ever ghillie cape that I had made from gauze soaked in white glue, painted, and then dressed up with the same groundwork effects from Woodland Scenics that I use on my little dioramas. The rifle is an elite corps "another line" item that I painted up and added a strap and a bipod to. That little diorama started as layers of craft foam covered with tissue soaked in white glue, pre painted, and then dressed up with woodland scenics groundwork products. I believe that I listed and sold the diorama with the fig.

lucky customer, but too bad for me that you sold this one, he is just AWESOME and I would have loved to feature him in a combat pose/desert action scene...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #514 on: October 24, 2010, 06:27:30 AM »
Thank you very much, Art! That was one of my favorite custom figures from the early days.

Offline trooperfelks

• Commander
« Reply #515 on: October 24, 2010, 08:17:58 AM »
wow outstanding  job dude . i like all of your custom. Im still new to this site (yard) but i got to say Im so likeing the postive of other people and there custom looks . I do a few custom my self with Wraithnine , and learning from this guy . hope to one day be as good as him .
One shall stand < one shall fall

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #516 on: October 24, 2010, 10:34:40 AM »
Impressive work clint, awesome!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #517 on: October 24, 2010, 11:10:51 AM »
Thanks fellers. I am in the process of trimming this thread down so that I can lock it and sticky it and will then concentrate on my second custom figure thread.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #518 on: October 24, 2010, 02:47:37 PM »
That ARF helmet trooper on this page is totally awesome. Clonehead I hope to be as good a painter as you someday.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #519 on: October 24, 2010, 02:48:40 PM »
Nice work mate. I have enjoyed looking through your customs.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #520 on: November 28, 2010, 02:53:31 PM »
Thank you, Mungo!

Guys, I am locking up this thread and making it sticky and will continue any further custom figure projects in my 2nd custom figure thread. Although it pained me to do so, I have deleted all comments from you glorious members in this thread and ones of my own that didn't have any pics or detailed explanations for anything. In doing so, I have shrunk this thread from 124 pages to 35 which will make it alot easier to look through. As I was deleting, I re-read all comments made by you wonderful people and want to give a big thank you for all of your praise and comments.