Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 143969 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2009, 06:07:51 PM »
Three more shots, the first two showing a comparrison in between the original snow mando and it's brother the snow mando 2.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2009, 06:12:52 PM »
The reason I've showed so many pics of that second snow mando is that I am basing the paint scheme of my current custom on that fig. This current fig is based on an elite corps body with a mixed head of a resin casted Veers helmet and a resin nubbed AOTC clone's helmet. As shown in the first shot, I have a paper mache waist cape made for this fig.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2009, 06:22:36 PM »
He re are a couple of shots of the helmet and of the figure in it's current painted state. The body's nub is a bit small for the resin helmet's hole so I will have to narrow the gap a bit for the nub to fit right. I still need to trim, paint, and mount the fig's waistcape and then, add some piping. I was thinking about giving him a sandtrooper's pauldron as well.
 After I get the helmet's nub hole right, it will be time for some paint. How bout the main visor, guys? Should I make it black or should I make it light blue like the eyes on that concept snowie head? Also, I plan to add some black to the fig's camo like that second snow mando had.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2009, 12:54:39 AM »
Found some pics of that clone wars kenobie that I did including a couple with him next to a jungle camo cody.
I did the clone wars obi wan at least a year and a half before we got Hasbro's version.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 08:28:42 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2009, 01:00:50 AM »
I used an Aotc Kenobie head and mounted a post in the clone's body so one could interchange it and this rots clone's head.  Also, here are some closer shots of the two droids that were on his dio. The regular battle droid had a removable pegged hand that was also painted with the neon orange paint at the hacked off point. Also on him, I used a black wash to bring out the detail lines on his body.I chopped off a couple of the super battle droid's limbs, drilled in some wire and wire insulation, painted the center of the hacked off limbs black and painted the edges and the ends of the wire and insulation detail neon orange to simulate the hot metal of a fresh light sabre cut.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 01:02:41 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2009, 01:26:07 PM »
Thanks as always my friend. Here are some shots of a snow clone that I made using a clone commander body, a cast resin sandtrooper pauldron, and a resin airborne helmet. This guy also got a back slung blaster holster made of thin plastic packaging. The strap is painted typing paper strips.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2009, 01:30:17 PM »
I always liked the paint job on this guy. Kind of a cody theme with the stripes on his chest. I also like the brown on hte airborne mouthpiece. Another one that I shouldn't have let go.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2009, 01:35:07 PM »
Another couple of shots of this guy. One with a couple of figs from the clone wars general dio.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2009, 07:02:35 PM »
Here are some shots of that camo Cody that John had mentioned. The first is him with the camo clone commander that I had posted about some time ago.
  This Cody got a camo papermache waistcape and full cape, a removable cap and night vision combo that was donated from an elite forces fig, and a gun from the same fig, I believe. I also made and mounted a holster for a medium blaster on the back of his waistcape. I also added a strap to his long rifle made from a rubber band. This one was done prior to when I started mixing helmets.
  Funny thing, I was mocked when after I posted pics of the airborne helmeted snowclone on ST, someone mentioned that it was just a repaint and didnt show any real talent. Undaunted, I posted pics of this Cody there, next and the mocker was silenced.
  As I had mentioned before, about the time I had finished this Cody, I was starting to really get into my custom groove and things were starting to look increasingly pretty to my eyes. I think that this might have been the first fig that I had scratchbuilt a holster for.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2009, 07:13:55 PM »
More pics of that camo Cody. Boy, the Ebayers were really hyped up about this one. By this time in the great experiment that was making and selling custom clones, I had made and sold 30-40 figs including some on custom cards and some with mini dios. At the point this one was listed, it was probably the best one that I had done. I made a little dio for this guy also. I will show it in the dio thread.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2009, 07:18:34 PM »
A few more shots.
  This fig was the first to get the neon paint on his visor, and I added it to his night vision goggles also.
I had painted up about 2-3 codys prior to this one. To me, this one turned out so good that cody became one of my favorite figs to customize.  I think that it was because he was the first clone with a removable helmet. I don't think I have done a cody since then except for the desert cody that Is sitting on my workbench still awaiting completion.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 07:26:03 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2009, 06:56:13 PM »
As I remember, John, that Stealth guy was in the military overseas somwhere as his shipping address was an FPO.
  I had posted some pics in the dio thread showing the jungle camo Scorch that I had done some time ago.
  At this point in my custom clone production, the only resin helmet mod that I had made was to hollow out a resin bacura helmet. Most of my customs to this point had been just custom paint applications. I believe that this was the third scorch that I did.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 07:02:15 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2009, 07:00:26 PM »
More pics of jungle camo scorch. This fig was done prior to the elite corps figs being released. Otherwise, I probably would have tried to mimic that camo scheme. In the last two shots, he is posed next to a jungle camo clone commander fig that I did a couple of. In those shots, you can see a previous stage of the figure's paint job and then, the finished product.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2009, 06:42:31 PM »
Speaking of the second mold that I made, I found  some pics of it. It was a solid Airborne and Bacura mold. I used to take a pinvise (finger drill) and would drive it into the heads bottom a bit and then gently pull out to extract the casted piece. Man those boys were a pain to hollow out. Not too bad to make a nub hole though.
  As I remember, after I started making molds to cast hollow helmets, I ended up selling this mold with some small bottles of resin compound on Ebay. The ebayers were hyped up about this one. I was glad to be rid of it. I remember thinking " is this a good idea, creating a resin casting competitor by supplying a clone mold and resin?" Then I thought, "nah, it will take em forever to hollow those things out"
  Man, look howbig that mold is. the molds that I make now are less than half that size and cast 3 or more pieces.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 08:02:42 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2009, 06:50:16 PM »
And speaking of the hollow bacura helmet, Here was the first one mounted on what was to become the jungle camo ATTE gunner. In the first three shots, you can see the beginnings of this figs ATTE gunner base customization. "I made about 4 based on that fig's base" In the last shot, You can see the comparrison between the partially painted resin bacura helmet and the factory hasbro helmet that I used to make it's mold.