Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 144107 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2009, 07:03:13 PM »
Two more shots of the helmet comparrison, one shot showing his leg holster and the sholder slung bandolier holster prior to paint and before I added the leg straps, and one shot of the fig with all of his accessories.
More shots of this guy, tomorrow. ;D
  By the way, I like how the Shipyards customs section is getting more populated. The more the merrier.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 07:06:52 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2009, 06:37:28 PM »
As promised, I have some more pics of the ATTE gunner fig with the hollow Bacura helmet.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2009, 06:40:29 PM »
Sorry about the sideways shot on that last post. Tamer, is there a way to remove attachments as you modify your post?
  More shots of the Bacura gunner including one with him and his buddy Scorch.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2009, 06:16:04 PM »
Keep the pics coming.......OK!
I am still on track to show you the mold making process this weekend but first, I thought that I might show you a couple more of my molds. The first two pics show a couple of molds that used the old mold making compound from alumilite. the smaller one makes two helmets and one clone head. The other makes one helmet, one clonehead, and the general veers chest plate which I never could get to work very well. This yellow mold making material isnt very flexable and to make it easier to demold the parts, I have split some of the molds around their parts just twards the top. The result of these splits are additional mold lines that are easily removable with a hobby knife. I found that these yellow molds would degrade over time because of their lack of flexability. Sometimes I would demold a part and part of the mold would come out with the part. The negative nubs of the human clone heads were often doing this much to my dismay.
  Now I use the High Strength material from the same company that comes out pink. None of these pink molds have ever wore out on me due to it's flexability and strength.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 06:37:31 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2009, 06:27:15 PM »
See the small hole in the top of the pink mold? The huge mushroome head of the concept snowie fit through that little hole. That's how much stretch this pink stuff has. You would never pull this off with the yellow stuff in this way. the next two shots show a comparrison of the two parts that I used to make the mold and the two parts that it casts, concept snowtrooper and hollow tie fighter pilot from the comic pack.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 06:29:16 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2009, 06:34:49 PM »
Digging around for those mold pics, I came up with a couple of shots you might find interesting.
  Once for a contracted order, it was requested that I paint some clone heads. Here are a couple of shots of those heads during their painting. In the first shot, there is a hasbro clonehead with factory paint that I am using for referance. I believe that he is in the second shot also but need to see it bigger to be sure. Can you find that factory clone head in the second shot?
OK, I see him now. ;D

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2009, 10:33:38 AM »
Not a problem, my friend.
  I've got a two pic update of the Veers/ aotc mix snow clone.
Man, it takes some effort to climb up on this horse again. I find that my painting skills are a bit rusty.
More touchups are required on this but I found my last resin sandtrooper pauldron and decided to give it to this guy.
  Do you guys like it facing left or right? I like left. The brown on it turned out too glossey for my taste and I will find another brown to touch up with. I have used black to fill in the cracks on his helmet and need to touch up around the black, add some brown for the goggle frame and strap. I added part of the black to his camo scheme and touched up his dirty boots with white. The nub hole on the helmet still needs to be resized and I will work on that, today. I am liking the blue on his visor and goggles and will touch them up to have a thin black outline. I may add a reflection to his goggles. I have painted the interior of his non pictured waistcape brown and planto match his undergarment camo on the inside and do weathered brown on the outside.
  How is it looking so far? Any suggestions?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2009, 12:55:24 PM »
A few more shots of the snow clone. I have touched up the paint on the pauldron, and head. The head fits now but a bit loosely. And I have the base color on both sides of the kama. here, I am test fitting it on the fig. It looks like it needs a trim off of the length, a bit.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2009, 07:44:02 AM »
Thanks buddy. I have a pic here of just the head. yet more detail painting is required plus I think that I will add a radio antennia to the left side of his helmet.
Here are a couple of older shots. Both were for custom orders. In one, I was contracted to paint up some resin Neyo heads to look like they did in the betrayel BP which at the time, was the only place you could find a Neyo. I believe that one of the heads in this shot is of the real factory Neyo.
  In this next shot, I was contracted to build 3 resin double pauldrons like the one wore by that one elite corps fig that I did that had the flip visor. I used componants from a resin cast sandtroopers pauldron and from a resin cast arc troopers pauldron. I didnt have to paint these ones. Looking at that shot, they seem a little rough looking.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 07:46:18 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2009, 04:25:45 PM »
This thread needs more figures. On that note, I found some more pics of the elite corps airborne sniper fig that I did.
that gun is an elite forces item that I added a paper strap and some camo to. The headcover from the atte gunner sits upon the resin airborne head. As memory serves, this head was one of the ones cast solid and then reamed out to fit the elite corps neck nub. the fig got a paper mache waistcape painted brown on the outside and elite corps camo on the inside. the waist cape was also trimmed out with strips of typing paper.
I also made two full length capes for this guy. One is the inner cape which is paper mache and is painted brown on the inside and elite corps style camo on the outside. The second is his outer ghilie cape which is surgical gauze soaked in a water/white glue mix and painted brown inside and out and then brokenly covered with woodland scenics fine turf static grass with a few fine twig bits on the outside.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 04:28:42 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2009, 06:35:27 PM »
Oh well, it's too late to worry about that one.
  On to newer things.......... I have here 3 update shots of the new snow camo clone.  In the first shot, I have trimmed the bottom of the waistcape to the proper length and painted the first color of the camo on the inside. In the second shot, I have painted the second color of the cape's inner camo and finished the camo on the figure as well. Also in that shot, you can see a freshly casted, partially painted ammo pouch that I plan on integrating somewhere on this fig. In the third shot, the waistcape has been mounted and glued and pretty much all of the detail painting is done on the helmet. I have drilled in and mounted an antennia wire with a small piece of wire insulation twards the bottom, where it meets the helmet. This wire will be trimmed shorter and painted black.
  This figure is starting to really come together. All that is left is to trim out the waistcape and weather the backside a bit, finish the helmet antennia, finish painting and mount the ammo pouch, and I might possibly add some subtle camo to the white part of the pauldron.
  I am wanting to wrap this one up as I have an idea for another custom fig that will surely keep poor Tamer up at night.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2009, 09:31:19 AM »
I have a shot here of the fig with it's waistcape trim partially applied. I have a strip of cut photo paper that I am using for this although I perfer typing paper as it is easier to shape. I will try to finish this chore, today.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2009, 06:06:43 PM »
I'm still not finished with the other fig but I had hinted to Tamer about my next fig and just can't keep a lid on it any longer.
  You guys know that I had been working on a modded helmet in my  resin casting thread where an ATAT driver's helmet had the face of an AOTC clone. I have hollowed out the ATAT driver's helmet portion enough to fit in this resin Commander Fai head and shaved a little off of a resin Cody neck nub to fit the head.
  About a year or more ago, I had showed tamer a pic of me cutting off the neck nub of an ATAT driver's body.
I dug out that driver's body, yesterday and trimmed a bit of his neck area so that the resin neck nub would fit on right. I then trimmed and test-fit the neck nub to the body to judge for correct height and angle. In the second shot, you see me using a pin-vise "finger drill" to drill out a hole in the body where the neck will be. I drilled a corrisponding hole in the resin neck where it will meet the body. In the second shot, I have superglued a length of thin wire into the body's hole and will trim it shorter to accept the neck nub into it's drilled hole.
  In the third shot, I have glued the neck nub into place on the body. I will let the glue dry and test fit the head and helmet again to make sure that I like it for height and position on the body.
  In these shots, I have tucked the hoses from the driver's airbox under his arms and out of  the way.
Now Tamer, I do relize that watching this figure come together will be a sort of delightful torture for you and I want you to take it easy........ :o Try not to dwell on it too much.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 06:10:46 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2009, 04:21:33 PM »
I thought that you would approve. I test fit the head and helmet on the neck nub and found that it was a bit too tall for how I wanted the helmet to sit when it was on the head. I ended up pulling off the neck nub and shaving more length off of it's bottom and may have to do it again. No more pics of this one or of the other one yet.
  I did find some pics of a fig that looks similar to that airborne headed snow camo clone that I posted pics of 2-3 pages ago. This one was also based on the clone commander fig and got a resin cast Neyo helmet, a sandtroopers pauldron, and a resin cast pistol case from the airborne fig. I used a strip of painted typing paper for the pistol case strap and mounted a resin 3-pack of grenades to the end side of the case.  I like how the drybrushing turned out on the back of his kama. I need to go ahead and post these pics before I loose track of em again.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 04:26:18 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2009, 10:08:23 PM »
I knew this stuff had to be labor intensive. Daggone, I can't wait to see that new project you are working on!
  I know buddy. And you are being so patient. I am proud of you. Well, your wait is nearly over because I finished the other one, tonight.
  I cut the v-shape in the bottom and finished the trimwork on the aotc/veers snowclone's waistcape and drybrushed some slightly lighter brown on the outside to kind of enhance the wrinkles a bit. I trimmed the helmet antennia down and painted it black, I brushed some lighter brown camo onto the white part of his pauldron, and I mounted and painted the resin ammo pouch on his backside. It's a wrap folks. The first custom fig that I have finished in over a year. I am happy with how he turned out.
  Now for some pics.......
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 10:20:57 PM by Clonehead »