Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - Indiana Jones - Pharaohs Tomb 1:12 P197 23/01/2024  (Read 516315 times)

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
Re: Hemble's Indy and other figure Custom's 14/04/10
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 08:27:32 AM »
Ron that dio is over the top, thx a lot for the pics.
You put so much work in all your custom projects and the result is always fantastic.
I hope you will never stop with your excellent custom work.

great job mate
1000/1000

Offline Mando Commando

• The Vintage Collector
  • Commander
  • Uttini!
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 08:48:06 AM »
Can't wait for the stop mo!  Bet it's going to be awesome!   bbfet

Offline bobby-brazil

• Ensign
  • I made a few modifications my self
Re: Hemble's Indy and other figure Custom's 16/12/2009
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2010, 07:36:56 AM »
Hi All

I was looking thru the Indiana Jones Magazines the other day and came across a pic of Indy in a deep sea divers suit and was intrigued by the picture. 
After doing some more searching I came across Indiana Jones and the Shrine of the Sea Devil comics and saw that Indy used a deep sea suit, After seeing the pictures I decided that I would give this a go as it is such a different look for Indy.

i am really into deepsea diving suits and the space suits that look like them, and have quite a bit of the toys that are out there so i noticed quickly the joe parts, but this is really really nice it is a great job

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
Re: Hemble's Indy and other figure Custom's 16/12/2009
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2010, 11:12:23 AM »
Hi All

I was looking thru the Indiana Jones Magazines the other day and came across a pic of Indy in a deep sea divers suit and was intrigued by the picture. 
After doing some more searching I came across Indiana Jones and the Shrine of the Sea Devil comics and saw that Indy used a deep sea suit, After seeing the pictures I decided that I would give this a go as it is such a different look for Indy.

Once I put the whole figure and base to together to see what it would like I pulled everything apart and painted and weatherd it using Vallejo, Games Workshop paints and pastels.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones - Indy's body and head are from Sideshow Toys, the gloves are from a Dragon the divers helmet,  The diving suit,  shoulder plate and metal souls and weight blocks are from the old GI JOE figures. 
The lead weight blocks are actually plastic I just repainted them to look like lead,  The harness is made of leather and 1/6 scale buckles.

The knife and sheath are from Dragon and the boots souls are real lead weights from the GI Goe figure and the ankle braces are made from left over material and 1/6 scale buckles.
The diving helmet was missing the handle so I used some 1/72 scale pieces from the bits box to make one,  The rope is from also from the bits box.

2: Base - The base is from the hardware shop from the craft section and the ships decking was done by using balsa wood and then I scribed the blank sections into it.  The crate was made from scraps of balsa wood which I got from my scrap box and was built I scribed panels into it.

Ron

Man Ron that looks awesome

Offline Darth Creatine

• Available for Commissions!
  • Ensign
    • Darth Creatine's Customs
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2010, 07:11:45 PM »
Ron,

I use to follow you on Sandtrooper before I quit customizing. Now I am back and only posting here for the most part. Man I have got to say I cant believe I forgot to check your thread over there. These are awesome.

Congrats agian bro. Please show more.

Jon

Skype User Id: DarthCreatine
MSN: jhouse757@msn.com
Gmail: DarthCreatine@gmail.com

I am always available for Video Chats at those contacts.

I am currently doing commissions. Email Me!

Jon

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2010, 07:59:04 PM »
Hi All

Thanks guys always appreciate the replies.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 08:00:23 PM »
Hi All

I started watching the Thnuderbirds on DVD again and thought that it would be a cool idea to make some dio's, so I looked around the net and on ebay and found these cool Thunderbird Microman Figures from TAKARA. 

I ordered a few and started work straight away once I got them, with the first dio I just wanted something nice and simple to show of the figure and hoverbike. 

Once I got the look and feel of the dio I painted and weathered everything using Vallejo, GW and pastels.

When I was working on this dio I wanted the original feel of TB's in the way the scenery looked realistic and the characters acted real but had that puppet feel to them.

RECIPE

Virgil and Hoverbike - Are from TAKARA's Microman series the only thing I changed was the hands as I think they were to small.
I swapped the hands for some 6" hands from the Angel action figures.  I also repainted the head, boots and sash re- adjusted the sash to fit better.

The only thing that I didn't like about this figure was the sash as I couldn't remove the International Rescue logo as it is to low but other then that it's a great figure. The hoverbike came with the figure and I just removed the wheels that make it roll.

I decided to keep the figure articulated so I could put him in different poses when I get bored with the sitting pose his in now.

Base - I picked up the base from the craft section at my local hardware shop, I used putty for the actual ground build up and then used Woodland Scenics railway grass and shrubs.

The International Rescue logo came with the figure I removed it from the packaging cut it out then glued it in place.

To simulate the hoverbike hovering I used the metal rods that held the plastic wheels inplace. I drilled holes in the base and hoverbike and then attached them to the base with superglue and then attached the bike.

Ron
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:47:29 PM by hemble »

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2010, 04:23:56 PM »
Oh Hemble, your creations are so mad. This one has to be the coolest desktop dio's I have seen. I used to love Thuderbirds as a kid!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2010, 05:20:08 PM »
Never heard of the Thunderbirds but this is a very cool display. So well done as usual Ron.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2010, 07:02:02 PM »
Nice work, Ron!

Spry, you would love the thunderbirds.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2010, 10:30:26 PM »
Hi All

Guys thanks as always for the kind words and glad you liked it,  I  did another tracey figure and will pop that up soon.  And Spry as Clonehead you would love the Thunderbirds the scenery is amazing.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2010, 10:57:19 PM »
Hi All

I received this figure when I got the TAKARA Virgil Tracy figure and decided to make another very easy diorama. Once I got the look and feel of the dio I painted and weathered everything using Vallejo, GW paints and pastels.

As with Virgil diorama I wanted the original feel of TB's and have the scenery look realistic and the character have that puppet feel to him.

RECIPE

Scott and Hoverbike - Are from TAKARA's Microman series the only thing I changed was the hands as again I think they were to small.  I swapped the hands for some 6" hands from the Angel action figures.  I also repainted the head, boots and sash re- adjusted the sash to fit better.

I painted over the old International logo and replaced it with one a printed of the net and glued inplace. The hoverbike came with the figure and I just removed the wheels that made it roll.  As with the Virgil figure I decided to keep the figure articulated so I could put him in different poses when I get bored with the sitting pose.

Base - I picked up the base from the craft section at my local hardware shop, I used plaster of paris and added fine sand into the plaster for the sand effect. The column and stones are from the Disney 7" Indiana Jones set and the International Rescue logo came with the figure I removed it from the packaging cut it out then glued it in place.

To simulate the hoverbike hovering I used the metal rods that held the plastic wheels inplace and drilled holes in the base and hoverbike and then attached them to the base with superglue and then attached the bike.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: Hemble's other Custom's 30/04/10
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2010, 12:56:08 AM »
STANDBY FOR ACTION!
hemble they look awesome mate, i also loved thunderbirds and stingray and captain scarlet etc etc

and just remember....
ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR!

R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2010, 06:44:18 AM »
Those are very cool, Hemble!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2010, 10:29:20 PM »
Hi All

Cheers guys glad you liked them and I had fun doing then as well.

Ron