Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - Indiana Jones - Pharaohs Tomb 1:12 P197 23/01/2024  (Read 516309 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Hi All

New to this forum and just thought that I would show you all the Indiana Jones figure's and Dio's that I have done over the years, some of you know my work already but for those that haven't enjoy and comments are always welcomed.

I have added a link as there are alot of pics so I figured that this would be the best way for you all to see them.

HembleCreations FB Page
https://www.facebook.com/Hemblecreations-489059647939401/?ref=hl

Ron
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 12:42:56 AM by hemble »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Indiana Jones Custom's
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 05:17:52 PM »
I fondly remember these wonderful works also, Ron. That concept Toht is pretty killer, buddy. Great work all around.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 10:46:31 PM »
Hi All

Clonehead - Cheers bro and glad you liked the concept Toht figure.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 10:47:30 PM »
Hi All

When the 1/4 Premium Format indy came out from Sideshow Toys I always wanted to make something similar in 1/6 but never could find the perfect Indy Head sculpt with that cocky Indy smile.

Then the other week I friend on the Sideshow forums Paul Carson was selling the perfect head sculpt of Indy I've ever seen and he even had that cocky smirk.

So I ordered myself a Head sculpt and once I received it got to work on making my own 1/6 PF Indy.  Instead of the pedestal that comes with the 1/4 PF figure I wanted to have a jungle scene instead as I really think it suits the figure very well.  

When I was happy with the figures pose it was painted and weathered using Vallejo and Games Workshop paints and pastels.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones - The clothing, whip, idol and body are from Sideshow toys,  the head sculpt is from Paul Carson from Sideshow Forums. The hands are from an old AMT Luke Skywalker 1/6 figure kit and the hat is from The frontline custom head .

2: Base - The base is from the Sideshow Toys Indiana Jones figure. The figure was superglued and screwed inplace at the feet and then plaster was used to cover the base and left to dry.

When the plaster had dried I painted it dark brown and then added the ground work which a got from the back yard from the garden, the plants are plastic fishtank plants that I got from the local pet shop.

Ron
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 02:08:17 AM by hemble »

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
Re: Hemble's Indiana Jones Custom's 13/12/2009
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 10:27:16 AM »
Very nice Indy.
That is a great head sculpt.
And the selections and presentation and weathering really pull the whole thing together.
Excellent work.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 10:30:16 AM »
This one's another winner, Ron! You are right, that is an amazing head sculpt. The base is perfect,

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 12:36:41 AM »
your custom Indy blows me away, the best of the best

can't wait to see more

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 01:38:20 AM »
Hi All

dana.raye.smith,  Clonehead & FialaFernbrugg - Cheers guys and glad you are enjoying the Indy custom, and more will be coming soon.

Ron

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 06:45:49 AM »
Oh what a beauty Ron! I have never seen that head but is is simply brilliant! So I take it he sculpted it himself? Great job as usual my friend, I really like the smerk on his face!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 01:26:47 AM »
Hi All

Luke Sprywalker wrote
Oh what a beauty Ron! I have never seen that head but is is simply brilliant! So I take it he sculpted it himself? Great job as usual my friend, I really like the smerk on his face!

Thanks heaps bro and the HS was done by Paul he is very talented.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Indy and other figure Custom's 13/12/2009
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 03:37:01 PM »
Hi All

I figured that I would put up links to my other figures that I have done over the years enjoy and again all comments are welcomed.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:18:58 AM by hemble »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Indy and other figure Custom's 16/12/2009
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 07:55:29 PM »
Wow Ron, is there anything you have not done? I really enjoyed checking out all of them out. What great diversity you have working with different size figures, the sculpting, the different materials, the paint and weathering, boiling technique to weather fabric, then all the different subject matter. I am once again blown away.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 08:23:08 PM »
Some of these, I have seen, Ron, and some, I haven't. They are all truly amazing, buddy. That Deckard figure from Blade Runner may well have been the first of your figures that I had ever seen, not too many years ago, and it drew me into the web of your fabulous customs. Yes, the diversity you show is inspiring and the exquisite detail keeps me wanting more.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 08:20:29 PM »
Hi All

Luke Sprywalker wrote
Wow Ron, is there anything you have not done? I really enjoyed checking out all of them out. What great diversity you have working with different size figures, the sculpting, the different materials, the paint and weathering, boiling technique to weather fabric, then all the different subject matter. I am once again blown away

Really appreciate the commenst Spry thank you, as for the diversity I always like to try new things especially when it comes to customizing.

Clonehead wrote
Some of these, I have seen, Ron, and some, I haven't. They are all truly amazing, buddy. That Deckard figure from Blade Runner may well have been the first of your figures that I had ever seen, not too many years ago, and it drew me into the web of your fabulous customs. Yes, the diversity you show is inspiring and the exquisite detail keeps me wanting more.

Thanks very much buddy and more will be coming over the next few weeks.

Ron

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 11:37:37 PM »
omg  :o

just awesome mate, you made so many excellent customs. It was really a enjoyment to watch all your customs.

I'm speechless