Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 520582 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - POTA-Hunted Dio WIP P58 14/09/14
« Reply #870 on: September 21, 2014, 07:58:05 PM »
4 more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - POTA-Hunted Dio complete P58 22/09/14
« Reply #871 on: September 22, 2014, 03:04:05 AM »
Wow, this is great. Looks even better on our front page.

Offline maxx-replicas

• Lieutenant
  • SCI-FI MODELING AND MORE
    • MAXX-RELICAS Sci-Fi Modeling And More
« Reply #872 on: September 22, 2014, 10:05:11 AM »
Another great idea for a "mini-diorama" and outstanding craftsmanship from you ... as usual ;)

***allthumbsup***  :D

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #873 on: September 22, 2014, 01:24:53 PM »
Wow, this is great. Looks even better on our front page.

Cheers Shawn

Another great idea for a "mini-diorama" and outstanding craftsmanship from you ... as usual ;)

***allthumbsup***  :D

Thanks heaps mate.

Ron

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #874 on: September 22, 2014, 03:40:27 PM »
Once again Ron you have made another beautiful piece. I imagined something similar  along the lines of a ( what if) had Landon  managed to hide before the apes captured him ! It fits in as a nice deleted scene ! Excellent as always, your making me want to put the movie on tonight with a nice bowl of popcorn ! But on another note i would love to hear the rest of the story to Commander Hunter Hembling haha
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:53:17 PM by mr.Jedi1977 »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #875 on: September 23, 2014, 01:27:26 AM »
Once again Ron you have made another beautiful piece. I imagined something similar  along the lines of a ( what if) had Landon  managed to hide before the apes captured him ! It fits in as a nice deleted scene ! Excellent as always, your making me want to put the movie on tonight with a nice bowl of popcorn ! But on another note i would love to hear the rest of the story to Commander Hunter Hembling haha

Thanks mate and glad you liked it and Hunter asked what happened to him and I told him that he got away from the apes and is trying to find a way back home. He looked at me with a happy expression and said well least I'm alive (LOL you got to love the way they think).

Ron

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #876 on: September 23, 2014, 09:25:32 AM »
Hey Ron,
I'm a big fan of the original Planet of the Apes and I gotta say these are just awesome! All of these Dios bring back the films. The last one, however, reminds me of the 'Apes' magazines from the 1970's. They were EU stories and had these unbelievable covers and great stories inside. Here's one of those covers that your latest Dio makes me think of:

I'd love to see you do something in the Forbidden Zone, with a mutant and their bomb and a gorilla soldier.   

Again fine, fine work!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #877 on: September 25, 2014, 06:42:59 PM »
Hey Ron,
I'm a big fan of the original Planet of the Apes and I gotta say these are just awesome! All of these Dios bring back the films. The last one, however, reminds me of the 'Apes' magazines from the 1970's. They were EU stories and had these unbelievable covers and great stories inside. Here's one of those covers that your latest Dio makes me think of:

I'd love to see you do something in the Forbidden Zone, with a mutant and their bomb and a gorilla soldier.   

Again fine, fine work!

Thanks DS and I love that comic cover I think thatwould look great as a dio and I am looking at doing some Forbidden zone dios around xmas time when I am on leave.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #878 on: September 26, 2014, 02:22:55 AM »
That would make a cool dio. Great comic cover. I am so gonna go back and watch some of those old movies. I don't know which one, but the one with all of the Apes playing dead and Cornelious tricking the one large ape into revealing he hurt his son is perhaps my favorite movie. Glad to hear more POTA is coming our way.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #879 on: September 26, 2014, 02:26:20 PM »
That would make a cool dio. Great comic cover. I am so gonna go back and watch some of those old movies. I don't know which one, but the one with all of the Apes playing dead and Cornelious tricking the one large ape into revealing he hurt his son is perhaps my favorite movie. Glad to hear more POTA is coming our way.

The thing I like about this comic cover is the colours on the uniform as it's a brown instead of the purple colour we usually see on the apes. And your thinking of Battle of the Planet of the Apes and good choice besides this one Planet of the Apes and Beneath the Planet of the Apes are my favourites.

Ron

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #880 on: September 27, 2014, 07:41:07 AM »
Yep, that was 'Battle' and that time Roddey McDowell was playing Caeser who was Cornelius and Zira's son. Under the Gorilla make up was Claude Akins from various westerns and TV shows. He later went on to play Sheriff Lobo on 'B J and the Bear'... another monkey show.

Ron, if you like that cover you should see some of the other ones. I have a raggedy partial collection of these Mags from when I was a kid. The stories were fantastic, they gave a whole other side to the films that has never been explored. Here's a link a gallery of the covers... http://www.pota.goatley.com/marvel/

Here's another one of my favorites...

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #881 on: September 27, 2014, 08:45:27 PM »
Hi All,

DarthSinister - Mate thanks heaps for the link and yeah I'm with you on the squid cover that would be an amazing dio to do.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #882 on: September 29, 2014, 07:33:39 PM »
Hi All,

The thing I remember the most about POTA was seeing the gorilla's on horse back for the first time so I decided to do one on horse back in a relaxed pose but being vigilant.

RECIPE

Gorilla Soldier & Horse - is from NECA and he has had he's joints superglued then puttied up and then given a complete repaint, again I paid particluar attention to the face and eyes and gave him an open mouth by cutting his mouth open and then using AVES Fixit sculpt to sculpt the teeth.  I also repainted the body and gave the outfit some subtle washes and drybrushing to bring out the details.

The horse is from a company called Breyer and is 1/12 scale and works pretty well with the 7" figures. This horse was all black so I decided to give it a brown colour and this was done by using Vallejo paints and pastels.

I made the saddle and bridle from left over pieces of lever and used small O-rings and 1/6 scale buckles for the rigging,  the stirups were made using plasicard and the the then leather was used to make the holders.

The rifle bag was made using left over leather and the rope is some spare 1/6 scale rope I had in the bits box. The rolls were made using a old 1/6 scale German uniform and the straps were made using 1/6 German Y-straps.

Base - The base was first built up using left over pieces of high density foam and then plaster cloth was used to cover the foam. I then gave the plaster cloth a paint over using dark brwon paint and once that dried I used a mix of dirt and potty mix to use a ground cover.

Once the ground cover dried I gave it a wash of dark brown then once dry gave it a drybrush of light brown. The grass was done by using railway modellers static grass and was applied and left to dry and gave it a wash of medium green and the drybushed it light green once it dried.

The tall clumps of grass were done by going into he back yard and picking reall clumps of grass out of the ground,  I then let it dry for about an hour then gave it a spray of dull coate and then gave it a wash of light green.

The smaller clumps of grass I used are from The Army Painter and the come as small clumps and all you have to do is pull them of the sheets and then attach them to the base using a small amount of superglue.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #883 on: September 29, 2014, 07:35:09 PM »
4 more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - POTA-Gorilla on horse P59 30/09/14
« Reply #884 on: September 30, 2014, 02:47:21 PM »
Wow, that just looks great. Even better on the front page.