Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - Indiana Jones - Pharaohs Tomb 1:12 P197 23/01/2024  (Read 516704 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's 30/04/10
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2010, 10:32:19 PM »
Hi All

Completed this the other day and finally got around to taking the pics and video.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones - The whole figure except the fedora is from Sideshow Toys  and the hat is from The frontline custom head.  I wanted to have a little fun with this so I added the Grail Cup, Coronado Cross which are from the Hasbro 3-3/4" figures the gold idol is from Sideshow Toys and the Sankara Stone is also from The frontline custom head .

2: Base - The base is frame is made up of balsa wood and foam core sheets. Once I got the desired look I used thin sheets of foam to cover the base and once dry I used superglue to dissovle the foam to give it a weatherd look.

When the base was ready I drilled holes in the top for the speakers and also the switch, I then covered the whole base in a two part mix of plaster of paris and woodglue. When the base dried I pulled apart the Hasbro 12" Talking Indy figure and attached the battery unit, speaker and switch the bottom of the base.

The snakes are are from a $2 shop and repainted them the bushes are from Woodland Scenics and the Indy logo is from the internet and has been printed off and cut out.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEkuiwYN7nY

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's 30/04/10
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2010, 10:33:36 PM »
A few more pics

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's 01/05/10
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2010, 04:03:29 AM »
Hi All

Wellguys here is one of the reason I'm having abreak from SW cutsom it's another Indy project and it's WIP for the boulder chase scene from Raiders.

The boulder is actually a large blow up beach ball and I have started to paper mache over it, I have done two layers and have another 3 to go. I'll update with WIP pics when I can so until then enjoy.

Ron

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's 02/05/10
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2010, 07:20:50 AM »
Ron this is just exceptional work! A talking stand, now that is awesome! I love your updates! Can't wait to see the boulder chase scene from you.

If you get chance check out my Indy thresd. I just finished up the German Mechanic Hasbro witheld from us. I would love to hear what you think, I tried to recreate the Hasbro prototype on this one.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2010, 07:45:19 AM »
Oh yeah, I gotta see in-progress shots of this bad boy!  I can't wait!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2010, 04:42:01 PM »
Sweet, I cant wait to see this one evolve into a masterpiece, Ron.

Hey, I picked up a 12inch indi jones figure the other day. would you or LE be interested in him?

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2010, 11:15:44 PM »
Hi All

Well I did the first two coats of plaster mache yesterday and will do another two during the week and always I will keep you updated.

Clonehead - mate the only thing that I would need is the shoes only but thanks anyway.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2010, 11:46:16 PM »
Hi All

Not a SW dio or figure but they are coming.

In 2886 the Strahl National Defence Army detached a special unit called the RED CLAWS to destroy a number of Mercenary Army supply depots, this 8 man unit were highly trained in covert operations especially behind enemy lines. The mission went completely to the letter until the last depot was destroyed and the Unit became surrounded by the Mercenary Army.

The RED CLAWS fought there way out of the trap into the rocky and mud hole terrain but not after loosing 5 good men to the Mercs. Thinking they had succeeded in escaping SGT Wayne Berdans was hit in the right leg damaging his power cable, unable to go any further he orders CPL R.M Hunter and PVT R.J Nash to FALL BACK to the pick up point.

The pair make it to the pick up point and give their briefs regarding the incident which SGT Wayne Berdans was classed as MIA. And as always the dio and figures were painted and weatherd using Vallejo and GW paints and pastels.

RECIPE

Mesuline  - The Mesulines I picked up of ebay and did some minor conversions to the two on the ridge and a little more on the SCT lying down.

Base - The base is a picture frame I picked up from the local two dollar shop, the edging is balsa wood and foam was used to raise the base to simulate a small ridge.  The ground cover is a mix of palster of paris, kitty litter and sand, the dead trees I got out of the back yard garden and the shrubs are from Woodland Scenics.

The small mud holes were done by adding some paint to some Woodland Scenics Real water and painting it into areas that were sucken once the plaster dried.

Ron

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
Re: Hemble's other Custom's 10/07/10
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2010, 01:10:25 AM »
great man!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2010, 02:10:03 AM »
that is seriously cool!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2010, 06:59:33 AM »
Wow Ron, nice update! I was able to get this on the front page this morning. This sure does sound like a great story.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2010, 08:47:34 PM »
Hi All

CaptainLux - Cheers mate.

wraithnine  - Thanks buddy.

Tamer - Thanks heaps bro and thanks for adiing it to the front page,  I love these SF3D or Ma.k figures these 1/35 scale figs are excellent and small enough to make great dios.

Ron

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2010, 11:42:28 PM »
welcome back Ron

Your dio is just breathtaking mate. It's now the fourth time that I watch it and I can't get enough of it.
There is so much detailing in it.

great job and I'm really looking forward to see some new pics of  the Indiana dio

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2010, 03:22:48 AM »
Hi All

FialaFernbrugg - Hey mate tahks for the feedabck and glad you like it that much, I have a few I'm going to do and as always I will post when there done.

The Indy dio is coming along slowly but surely I'm really taking my time with this one and I have a SW dio/figures that will be completed very very soon as well.

Ron

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2010, 07:45:54 AM »
Ron, that is some stunning work, sir! Your figures turned out great and the diorama is top notch. Very convincing.