Author Topic: Meet Swamp Fox  (Read 6433 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Meet Swamp Fox
« on: November 21, 2009, 07:10:44 AM »
I just got these email pics in and have to start a thread. I sure hope this dude shows up to comment on this great creation. Spectacular!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Meet Swamp Fox
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 07:17:08 AM »
Well this is a busy little dio isn't it? I really like all of the interior stuff going on.
Is this guy a member, Shawn?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 07:18:53 AM »
Well this is a busy little dio isn't it? I really like all of the interior stuff going on.

he is now Clint. I just approved him!

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 10:29:24 AM »
Good work need to be little less busy too much to take in were did you get some of the turret guns

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 12:10:16 PM »
love it! I'm working on one of those Joe Gunships =)

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 12:15:53 PM »
Nice set up, lots of goodies in there.

Yha, I love that Joe gunship and even had a goofy idea to do some major mods to one.

Offline Swamp Fox

• Cadet
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 02:27:31 PM »
Good work need to be little less busy too much to take in were did you get some of the turret guns

I built this for my 5 and 7 year old son's.  They wanted a command center for thier troopers so I built them one.  It used to be a TV stand.  I got the terret guns off of eBay as with most of the stuff you see.  I got distracted ealier and forgot to email the rest of pic's that show the medical section and the command room.  So if you can add those pic's, I would apreciate it Shawn.

This is a copy of part of the email that I sent:  Bottom floor is currently empty, but the boy's park some vehicles in there every now and then, it will probably end up being a holding cell and a barracks.  I have been buying some bunkbeds from Mauraders on ebay or www.marauderinc.com.

Second floor is the medical section, I customized a medic into the right colors, eventually the Luke's in the Bacta Tanks will have clone heads hopefully.

Third floor is the command room. I customized a trainee clone at the table and I customized General Rieeken who is standing at the tactical screens giving a briefing to fellow officers on tactics.

The top has a G.I. Joe platform with a small landing platform.  I added a second gun battery and removed the missile launcher.  I also added sound and light.  I removed a voice and gunfire generating device (I don't know what you call it) from a broken vehicle and mounted it to the bottom of the platform.  If you notice a black dot near the side entrance ladder, that is the push button to activate it.  For the light I drilled a hole into the command room and mounted it about knee level  on the wall where the chair is.  I changed the speaker to a larger one from a cheap radio and it made the sound louder and clearer.  To make it all stick, I used my favorite, HotGlue. :)  I also built an extension off to the side for a larger landing platform so that a gunship size aircraft could land or multiple smaller aircraft.  The Cobra aircraft is parked there in the pic.  The side shelves have gun battery's to help defend against ground and air threats.

I guess this sum's it up.  Nothing spectacular but the boys love it.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 02:29:59 PM »
It is spectacular for a childs playset, it offers a ton of play value. I am sure they have already had endless adventures with it.

Welcome to the Shipyards!!!

Offline Swamp Fox

• Cadet
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 02:48:36 PM »
It is spectacular for a childs playset, it offers a ton of play value. I am sure they have already had endless adventures with it.

Thanks RECON, I apreciate the welcome

Offline Swamp Fox

• Cadet
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 02:54:13 PM »

Clint, Just wanted to say hello, I bought those General Veers Helmets and Breastplates from you not to long ago off of ebay(materielgeneral).  Your the only face that I kinda have met prior to me getting on today.  Speaking of which I started painting them up last night.
Ken

Offline clonecommanderjay

• another clonecommanderjay custom
  • Ensign
  • Mando'ad draar digu
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 02:57:48 PM »
awsome dio dude i need to get my self some of tht gi joe stuff lol

welcome to the yards sn1 ()rr DH

Mando'ad draar digu

Offline Swamp Fox

• Cadet
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 03:01:50 PM »

Thanks RECON, I apreciate the welcome

I started to buy my boys Christmas presents (Star Wars) earlier this summer and it got me going, thinking back when I was a kid in the 80's and when I started researching the command center and I found you guys, the sand crawler, and a couple of other sites, it perked my interests to start customizing.  By no means am I an expert like a few of you guys but its relaxing and I am learning as I go.  I figured today I might as well email the pic's to the command center and register for the shipyards.  I figure I will learn more from you guys.  Anyways gotta go, take care everyone.
Ken

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2009, 03:26:01 PM »
Ken, glad to see you on the forums. Now that you are on, you can post your own pics. We have two methods. The first method is to hit the additonal options button and just load up the pic from your computer.

The other option is to join a free photo uploading site like www. photobucket.com and loade em up there and just post the img code they give you once your image upload. That is what I use most of the time. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2009, 04:17:11 PM »
Here is the next batch Ken sent.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2009, 04:39:48 PM »
Hello Ken. Welcome to the shipyards! That's a cool base dio you got going there.