Author Topic: Micro collection  (Read 3579 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Micro collection
« on: November 01, 2009, 10:32:21 PM »
taken from this website:
http://theswca.com/images-toys/micro/index.html

Released in 1982, the Micro Collection had an extremely short shelf-life. In other words, the line never caught on with kids of the day, who were likely dismayed by the Micro figures' lack of posability as well as less interested in Star Wars in general. In the end, only nine playsets and four vehicles were issued.

Four additional Micro Collection toys were also released. Three of these, the X-Wing Fighter, TIE Fighter and Snowspeeder, consisted of a small plastic vehicle, each equipped with a nifty "battle damage" feature, as well as one or two pilot figures. The Millennium Falcon, however, was much more like a playset: it came with six unique figures and its back cover could be removed to reveal an elaborate interior play area.

I have seen the vehicles and even the playsets on e-bay a few times.  I've thought about bidding on them before but never could bring myself to pay the cost for mostly broken parts and incomplete sets....

However, I have always felt that these were the prelude to the action fleet series.  They were the same scale as action fleet would become.  Apparently their failure was atributed to the lack of posability in the figures, as well as the micro collection's displacement in stores by ROTJ merchandise...

I find those two tid bits of info interesting because the action fleet vehicles turned out to be packaged with posable figures... could kenner have actually LEARNED?  I wish hasbro could do that.... lol

here are some images of the vehicles, I personally only care about the vehicles themselves.  If you'd like to see images of the sets you can follow the link provided above:

all of these look amazingly similar to their action fleet counterparts...  I only wish that they had done the action fleet falcon like this micro collection version....

Offline Gripen90

• The average SW fan
  • Cadet
Re: Micro collection
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 11:07:08 AM »
Wow, I never know those existed ! they are so cool. :o

My TransFormers, Star Wars, Turtles collections: http://www.kortlink.dk/tfw2005/5uh6

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 11:26:02 AM »
I have a few of these packed away,  I do have 1 on display in my SW office now,

I got into these a few years back, some are very cool and can be had for a decent price, like most vintage items, some are expensive and hard to find,  Also these offer prototype enthusiasts a ton of offerings of unpainted and alternate painted figures, many introduced items can also be had,  some of the more expensive items from the line are the 4UP prototypes,  I'll get into those in the vintage section when I cover prototypes in general.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 12:24:41 PM »
I had some fig's (Hoth figs, Tamer!) that I got for cheap at a convention, I think, a loooooong time ago (pre-ebay).  I've been trying to find them for years, now...

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 12:54:36 AM »
The playsets are quite ok in size for Action Fleet figures, a bit too large but ok.
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback