Author Topic: Luke Sprywalker Custom Vehicles Updated 29 New Vehicle!  (Read 111172 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Luke Sprywalker Custom Vehicles Updated 29 New Vehicle!
« on: September 29, 2009, 02:13:24 PM »
Hello guys. I am new here and these are a few of the vehicle customs I have done over the past few years.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 04:55:35 AM by Luke Sprywalker »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Luke Sprywalker Custom Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 03:20:55 PM »
Wow, what a great tank. Had to add that to the front page. Nice to meet you and welcome again to the Yards! Any friend of Jules is a friend of ours!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 03:27:45 PM »
Holy cow! What a way to introduce yourself! Those customs are great, Luke! That tank is magnificent! I bid you welcome to the shipyards.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 03:38:26 PM »
just curious to see if i was right but isnt the peice that the side cannon sits on originally a pistol?
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 04:24:05 PM »
Thanks guys and thanks for the front page treatment, I'm stoked. Glad to see  everyone is enjoying my creations, I have a lot of fun making these things. Good eye Raithnine, I think it was a power rangers gun. It had a hole in the back of the handle like something else would snap onto it. That is how the storage compartment came to be. I had to cover the hole/slot so I figured I would make a magnetic door  rather than just glueing it shut. Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'll be posting pics of the tank crew in the custom figures section soon.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 05:39:31 PM »
I am LOVING that tank!  I'd love to see the recipe for that!

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 07:29:27 PM »
Love the heck outta these vehicles, bro. The first one just looks like it blends so well with the environment, makin it quite stealthy.
The next 2 fit perfectly into the Star Wars universe.
The larger tank is so bad***, it beat me up and stole my wallet. 
Fine work on all of these.

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
  • "A comMAHND post for the EMpiah!"
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 07:36:56 PM »
Very nice work!  I like the TIE eyeball as a gun on the tank.  Really good stuff.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 08:56:10 PM »
Luke-ma-man!!  Welcome to the 'Yards!

So, you made a functioning storage compartment on there?  How'd you go about making the door hinge and latch?

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 09:08:31 PM »
OMG!! that Tank it,s brilliant!! welcome to the yards mate, you have definitely made your mark here... where have you been hiding??
i truly love your attention to detail in your painting mate, a True genius
looking forward to seeing more  ;D

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 11:26:10 PM »
Holy Suspender!
Double thumbs-up for a job very well done!
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 02:20:03 AM »
The Force is with this one.......Nice stuff Spry!...Welcome and hope to see more!..

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 05:14:43 AM »
Holeey Mother of God...

Let me just pick mysefl up from the floor....

THAT TANK IS SERIOUS STUFF, what a bolt from the blue you are LS, those customs and creations are simply stunning.

Wow! Wow, Wow!

AWESOME!

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 06:56:53 AM »
Great job on both the hiss tank and the large tank they both look great. I also like the small red attack vehcile, good choice in adding some color.

Can't wait to see the clones!

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 06:49:46 AM »
 Thanks Phatty and I wish I had the WIP pics to show you, I wasn't big on that then. The tank was cobbled together with everything imaginable. I started with the Corps Tank for $10 at Walmart. Fritzkrieg at RS has made many of these and is the master to most. I wanted to make one but didn't want it to look anything like the 3-4 he had made at the time. That is when I came up with the side gunner. I got out my scrap bins and started going thru them. First I found an old night light and noticed a Clone could sit in the cover nicely. I found  the broken Tie Intercepter  I got from Salvation Army and it looked cool in front of the seat part. I keep tons of hand soap dispenser guts in the bin and used one for the main gun, perfect fit to the Tie pod. The side gun on the turret came from the tank I just added a few bits. The pieces that make the turret rotate are from old sprinkler heads. So then I had to figure out how I was going to mount this thing to the tank. I finaly found this old Power Rangers gun that looked good and I could set the sprinkler cap on the trigger protecter. Then i added a lid under the cap to beef it up and make it look right. That gun worked great and looks very cool looking down on it. it has wheel/gear looking parts and other details that don't show in the pictures. I think something hooks into the slot I described earlier in the back of the hand grip. I used a random plastic strip  and 2 strip magnets to make the ammo door there. The air filtration unit for the gunner is just the backpack that came with a few Tatooine figures years ago. The Tanks main thrusters are from Anakins pod model kit. I added hair curler covers and a bottle cap on the end. On the other side I used a hose on , coupler and bottle cap in front of the thruster. That ended the main construction and I added greebies/bits as needed to everything. Since then I added a hand weapons holder to the side just below the handle  that is under the big gun. I put the handle there so s Trooper could stand on the side of the tank and hold on. So I thought it would be cool to have the Sandtrooper staff and a blaster on the side. I need to take a new pic of that. Hope that helps... I think I have 1 picture before the turret was on hmmm....

This is what it looked like the day they bought it...

and hey I found a pic of the late addition on the side, see it?

This is what I tried with the wings from the tie...it wasn't working for me so it sits in a box with other crap...

Hey I did find WIP pics of the hiss tank. The black strip down the cockpit is Where I split it and added the strip to make it tall enough for the pilot.

Again the fresh out the box pic...