Author Topic: Toys "R" Us  (Read 46425 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Toys "R" Us
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 04:24:35 PM »
I was in a TRU today and watched the stockmen assemble a new Clone Wars display but didnt see the new V-wing. No snail tank or new battle packs either.
  The two cases of CW figures that they put on the pegs did all contain Clone Cash, though.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 04:30:33 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 06:54:41 PM »
So how does one redeem the cash? Is it comparable to real dollars as far as buying new SW products?

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 06:57:10 PM »
By the posting of the clone cash, it would be safe to guess you also had purchased at least 3 figs to get the cash right?
so what did you buy?

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 07:44:16 PM »
Nice addition to the figures.  It looks like Hasbro is rewarding they're fans.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 07:59:18 PM »
Actually I didnt even notice the cash was there as I was buying them. I picked up Cad Bane, Denal, and Gree x2 to sell on the bay and while opening three of em for the review and pics for Bane and listing pics for the other two, I seen the cash. After looking at the other three, I noticed that you can look down into the sealed package and notice the cash their in the same way as you can see the Redemption form for the ep 1 qui-gon. the Hasbro catalog is on top, then the redemption form is under that, then, if it is there, the clone cash is under that. If you look carefully, when looking down into the blister from the top. you should be able to see the number 5 on the clone cash on the right side. You may have to shake the package to get the cash to move from under the redemption certificate.

The clone cash is a manufacturer's coupon that expires on 4/1/2010 and entitles the holder $5 off of any Hasbro Star Wars purchase of $20 or more. You can only use one of the coupons in a single transaction. Not for use online but at brick and mortar retailers only.

It says that it can not be used in conjunction with any other offer for these products. I dont know if a retailer special sale like the tru half off ATTE sale would qualify or not.

Anyway, I understand that this years clone cash promo is limited to being inside clone wars figures only and I believe that I read that there was only 200,000 of them out there. Hasbro has stated that if this promo is a hit that they will do it again in the future.
  I will certainly put mine to good use.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 08:22:27 PM »
Guess that would give almost good enough reason to buy BPs and vehicles, since they are almost the only things that are over the $20 mark.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 08:33:14 PM »
Well I guess if you bought 3 figures that would amount to more than $20 on star wars. I'm sure it works that way also. If you find a store that has put out a new wave of figures, and you got the cash, you are set to buy three and get a bit off.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 08:37:18 PM »
So it is cumulative and not single item purchases?
That opens a whole different door....
Now if they have enough figs...one 5 spot off per purchase, and you go in and out to buy them on seperate reciepts...
the wife hates when i do that to get around sales limits per customer.... more like per register ;D

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 08:42:16 PM »
Yep, it just says that you can use only one per any over $20 star Wars purchase. Not just one for an over $20 sw item so that means that anything goes as long as its hasbro and says star wars on it. I will carry my clone cash around from now on just waiting for the chance to use one on something.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 07:32:36 AM »
Ahhh, Clone Cash...another cruel tease for us "Non-Openers". Who knows how many of those things are sitting idle in my collection, safely locked away MIB.

Clone, I saw the same new CW display up too. It said "Command Your Forces" and I was like "with what? you guys have no stock!".

It was pretty pathetic. Mostly empty pegs, a few of the old carded figs, and some lightsabers and miscellaneous swag.

The other TRU I checked had the same display, but all GI JOE merchandise underneath. Bravo...

I really, really hope that this is a sign they will finally ramp up their CW merchandise and start getting more new stuff. If that Imperial V-Wing is not here tomorrow, I'll be irate.  >:(

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 08:40:17 AM »
I wouldn't worry, McMetal.  It will come soon.  If not, let the angry mob assemble...lol.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2009, 09:40:06 AM »
Here are a couple of shots of that display. The in progress one is mine and the finished one is from yakface.com

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 09:53:50 AM »
Well that tops the Toysrus isle we have up here in PA.  I don't know if they set up a display like that, but it sure is amazing.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 10:07:16 AM by unitedstatesdemocrat »

Offline customclone

• 3rd scrap burners
  • Commander
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2009, 10:04:12 AM »
sweet those are awsome

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2009, 10:11:38 AM »
I would love to have those big cardboard clone trooper cutouts. do you think the wife would let me hang them up in my living room?

Welcome aboard, customclone!!