Author Topic: Forum Issues  (Read 3054 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Forum Issues
« on: April 08, 2020, 11:27:03 AM »
Folks, since this past weekend we have had a couple of forums issues when moving to the newest version. I am now fairly hopeful that the issues are solved, but I appreciate your patience while dealing with this version. Like I said on the front page, I have learned a good bit about how all this integrates with the database (where all our news, forums, images, videos, etc. are kept) and how to manually solve some of this myself which gets us back up and running quicker.

I now also have a dedicated forums help group who will help me if I get in over my head. You wouldn't believe how long the code is and then finding the right command or the right spot to fix is critical. One wrong symbol or character means the whole thing goes kafluey.

So, kick the new forums tires and see what new stuff their is. Right off the bat I can see an imgur gifv button that looks interesting. It mainly looks the same as were used too though.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Forum Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 07:21:00 AM »
Well as most of you know we had some forum issues.

Glad to say we got it back even after some of their server bots decided they needed to do some spring cleaning.

I know some are missing some of their last few posts so you may need to check and re add them, but the forums seems to actually be running a bit faster and smoother now.

I apologize profusely for the down time and any omitted posts. I have been going through so much code the past few days I can't even count the lines of it.