Author Topic: Moronarama Custom Figures  (Read 61231 times)

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
Re: Moronarama Custom Figures
« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2020, 04:21:07 PM »
Great work. I love the Space Mammoth and Lobster Jedi figures the most!

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2020, 12:19:33 PM »
Thank you guys, I appreciate all the support.

So I had some time off last week and started laying out some new figure for the next few months.  I have made a new goal for the next year to try and make at least 1 non-Star Wars figure each month, just as a personal challenge and to expand portfolio.  I plan on doing some from Battle Beyond the Stars, Ice Pirates, Buckaroo Banzai, Time Bandits, Heavy Metal, The Young Ones, and Briscoe County Junior.  If you've got any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Anyhow, here's what I have laid out so far.  Almost none of them are painted yet, and a few are not fully assembled, but anyway ...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2020, 04:01:22 AM »
Wow, now that is some awesomeness there. Off to the front pages.

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2020, 10:25:20 PM »
This looks like fun. I'm especially excited to see how the Kel Dor and Rakata turn out. Oh, and I thought of you and your customs when the Charon droid stood up on the lava ferry in The Mandalorian.  :)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2020, 05:23:50 PM »
There are a lot of fun looking figures in there (and ships as well). I look forward to seeing them done - and up a bit closer:) You have so many creative ideas. I think Briscoe is a great idea, you can use the bucks from Chicken Fried Dime Store Legends, I was thinking of trying my hand at a Lord Bowler.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #200 on: February 07, 2020, 08:31:37 AM »
Thanks Tamer, I always appreciate it.

This looks like fun. I'm especially excited to see how the Kel Dor and Rakata turn out. Oh, and I thought of you and your customs when the Charon droid stood up on the lava ferry in The Mandalorian.  :)
I Am enjoying the Kel-Dors a lot and have some how ended up with a ton of Plo Kloon heads laying around. The Rakata head was an unexpected find at Angel Forge.  I was looking at their Critters and spotted that so I had to get it.  We'll see how the final figure comes out.

There are a lot of fun looking figures in there (and ships as well). I look forward to seeing them done - and up a bit closer:) You have so many creative ideas. I think Briscoe is a great idea, you can use the bucks from Chicken Fried Dime Store Legends, I was thinking of trying my hand at a Lord Bowler.
See, I was thinking about a Lord Bowler too.  I think the trick will be the hair and finding a head that looks enough like Julius Carey.  But if I do, I'm definitely gonna do a Sho-Nuff too.  The Dime Store Legends out to make the bodies way easy though. 

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2020, 01:40:07 PM »
Alright, here's my February batch.

3X-4G – Protocol and Security Droid
The 3X-4G is the perfect solution of the being on the go.  Why deal with the hassle and expense of two droids when they can be rolled into one?  The 3X-4G offers all the best parts of a protocol and translation droid with the enhanced armor and weaponry of a light security droid.  And its smaller size makes it the perfect companion for any business trip.  But don't take our word for it, just ask 3X-4G himself … “Salutations, good gentlemen.  Do not advance upon my master or I will be forced to blast you into proverbial space dust!”  PEW PEW PEW!
The head and legs are from a Ready to Robot figure.  The torso is SW Tactical Droid.  The arms are from a Rick & Morty Rick (Purge Suit) figure.

Basti Regto  - Duros Jedi
The night before the Order came through, Basti Regto had a dream and for saw the betrayal.  He awoke in a cold sweat unsure how to process this new information.  He had to warn the Council!  He had to let his fellow Jedi know not to trust their clone companions.  Quickly dressing he made swiftly to the communications tower of Forward Camp Iota.  He had just made it to the com-board when he felt the blasters sting in his back.  Falling to the ground he could only despair as the world faded to black.
Head is SW Ellorrs Madak, the hands are SW Anakin Skywalker and the rest is SW Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.  The long robes were trimmed down to give him a more classic Jedi look.

Clone Trooper Medic Stitches & Field Medical Droid PZ-1B
Someone has to keep the clones of the 13th Infantry Brigade patched together, and that job falls to Corporal Stitches and his trusted assistant PZ-1B.  Seen often crisscrossing the battlefield trying to keep their troops ion fighting shape, Stiches makes good use of his energy shield which can be expanded to create and emergency operating theater.  And in spite of him being a droid, the clones of the brigade have come to trust appreciate PZ-1B and his humorous bedside manner.
Stitches has a SW Animated Clone Trooper body with a SW Phase II Trooper helmet/head.  The shield is from a Jurassic World Dinosaur Trainer Owen.
PZ-1B has a head from a SW PZ-4C0.  The torso is SW General Grievous.  The arms are from a T-800 Terminator figure and the legs are from a SW Super Battle Droid.  The Shield is from a Mandalorian Police Officer.  The Med Pack is a combo of a GI Joe Blindmaster strap and the pouches from a Fortnite Triage Trooper.

DST-439 – Service Droid
When your job is repairing the cooling towers in the scrapyards of Bracca, you have to be prepared for the unexpected.  Whether is the rust spiders or the iron deadfalls, it’s a struggle just to stay functioning in that environment.  And so DST-439 makes sure the tool he carries can double as weapons.  Those clippers will cut through a Mynock as well as it cuts through a metal housing.  The electrical probe makes an excellent stun stick for pesky rodents.  A droid’s gotta survive!
The tracks and body are from a Dollar Tree tank and fueling station, the arms are Battle Droid, the eye is a Halo modular armor piece and the back pack is from an GI Joe Cyber Ninja figure.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 04:01:45 AM by Tamer »

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2020, 01:41:46 PM »
EC-2-2 – Service Droid
For a service droid, EC-2-2 is quite the happy fellow.  Maybe the Ugnaughts shouldn’t have loaded him with Max Rebos greatest hits, but a song makes the work go faster, even for a droid.  Of course it has led him to select a number of bold color choices for his replacement parts, but he’s living his best robot life out there!
Torso is a SW Pit Droid. Head id from a M.A.R.S. Heroes Cybotronix Create & Build robot. The arms are from a SW Battle Droid. The lower body/treads are a combiners piece that came with the SW Force Awakens Finn figure.   And he has a PKE Meter from a Ghostbusters figure.

Jontukk – Gand Rebel Commando
When the Empire came to Gand they didn’t receive much of a fight.  The humble population conceded quickly to control of Regional Governor Horus Bight.  The people of Jontukk’s village tried to engage in peaceful resistance for Imperial control and in response Bight razed demolished the hamlet in a hail of orbital laser bombardment.  Jontukk was one of only a handful of survivors and by the sacred rite of his people swore vengeance upon the Empire.  Seeking passage off world, he came into contact with a rebel cell and joined their ranks.  It was in a skirmish on Planet Abrego that Jontukk found his trademark clone trooper cuirass and bracers.  He has left these with their original markings to honor the spirit of the fallen clone who now protects him.
Head and hands are SW Zuckuss.  The torso and forearms are a SW Clone Trooper.  The upper arms are from a Jurassic World Dinosaur Trainer Owen.  The abdomen and legs are SW Rose Tico.

Keelo Sporge – Ilthorian Smuggler
Keelo Sporge never expected to be a smuggler, but he has a talent for being in the right place at the right time.  Of course he’s spent more money on his navigation system than most people spend on a capital ship.  And the Suulac is a beautiful boat, full of a thousand nooks and crannies that only Keelo knows for transporting the finest in forbidden items.  He may not have wanted this life, but this lafe clearly wanted him.
Head and hands are SW Momaw Nadon.  The torso & legs are SW Bistan.  The arms are Pirates of the Caribbean Tai Huang.  The bullet clip on the left leg is a Halo modular armor piece and the holster is from a 6 inch SW Greedo figure.

Prymatt Kondus – Cerean Jedi
In spite of being a gifted user of the force, Prymatt Kondus always struggled to understand the people around her.  She was always just odd a little bit when trying to interact with her fellow jedi, which lead her to withdraw and spend most of her time studying in the Grand Library of the Temple.  It was here that she discovered the ancient writings of Beldar the Droll, who like her valued emotionless logic and a literal world view.  Alas mistaking her withdraw of emotion as an attempt to hide her tendencies towards the dark side, the Jedi Council imprisoned Prymatt int eh secret dungeons of the Jedi Temple locked for ever in and endless slumber, never to be freed.
Simple head swap, head is an animated SW Ki Adi Mundi with the beard shaved off and a new mouth carved out.  The rest is a SW Rey figure.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #203 on: February 11, 2020, 01:43:33 PM »
Redjacket 5 – Droid Bounty Hunter
It was thanks to the Droid Liberation Army (DLA) that Redjacket 5 was freed from the oppression of his restraining bolt.  Starting somewhere in the Kessell system around 10 BBY, the DLA was gaining momentum when the Empire snuffed it out destroying the fledgling robot fleet at Ord Mantell before they could reach the droid foundries of Geonosis.  But the movement did not die.  The fire of revolution burns deep in the metal heart of Redjacket 5.  Operating as a bounty hunter has allowed him to travel far and wide, spreading the gospel of synthetic freedom.  And they wait for the glorious day when they throw off the yolk of biological oppression!
Head is from a Unimax Fearless Force Odin figure.  The torso and legs are a SW CZ-4.  Arms are from a GI Joe Valor vs Venom B.A.T.S figure.

Sirl Verdt – Asogian Bounty Hunter
The Asogians are not known for their physical prowess, so it is no surprise that Sirl Verdt has come to rely on his wits more than anything else to excel in the bounty hunting game.  He’s found it’s much easier to set a well laid trap than to try a full frontal assault on his quarry.  But do not be mistaken, he is a fast draw on his pistol and her rarely misses.  And he is never beyond a good dirty trick to even the odds.
The head is from a PVC ET: The Extraterrestrial figurine.  The torso is from a Lanard Jurassic Clash figure.  The arms are a GI Joe Valor vs Venom Stalker figure.  The legs are from a Zak Storm Crogar figure.  The belt/holster is SW Mara Jade.

Taranta – Rodian Pilot
Taranta’s dream was to win the Fiver Sabers Championship Gauntlet race.  And he was on his way, winning a dozen of the lower cup races and qualifying high in the initial heats.  But tragedy struck when Taranta’s family was killed during the Siege of Lothal.  Seeking revenge, Taranta joined the Rebellion and because and ace B-Wing Pilot, known for his particular skill in navigating in difficult atmospheric conditions.
Head is SW Greedo and the body is SW Legacy Ten Numb figure.  The hose is stolen from a SW Watto figure.

Trobious – Gran Skiff Guard/Henchman
Trobious knows better than to betray the Hutt Clans, but the money was too good to ignore.  Use is experience as an enforcer and body guard to get in close to Drooga the Hutt.  Once there is would be a simple thing to “alleviate” the great slug of his most prized possession, the Star of Suudda Nem’ro.  They already had a buyer lined up and his Drabatan partner, Husskil, was standing by with an escape speeder ready to go.  If only he had planned for the Droidekas that Drooga set inside the vault …
Head is from a SW Ask Aak figure.  The torso is SW Vizam.  The arms are from a Indiana Jones Russian Soldier and the hands are from a SW Mon Calamari Warrior.  The legs are Indian Jones and the belt/loincloth is from a Marvel Thor Odinson figure.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2020, 01:44:35 PM »
Eon - Alien Jedi
Head is and the body is LOTR Fimbul the Hunter and the rest is SW Animated Mace Windu.  The backer card is from a template I built in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.  The art is cleaned up and slightly modified  from a scan from Clone Wars Adventures Volume 6, “To the Vanishing Point”

Nestor – Battle Beyond the Stars
The body is a SW POTF Imperial Guard figure.  The head is a SW Kenner Bespin Han Solo.  I used Apoxy-sculpt to create the enlarged parts of the head, third eye and to fill in parts to make the two fingered hands.  The yellow should straps are mad from rubber bands.  The backer card was made from cleaning up a scan of the original Battle Beyond the Stars movie poster and adding a screen shot of Nestor.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2020, 10:47:28 PM »
Great batch of customs again! The ones that stand out to me are the badass Droid and the ET guy. Honestly ET freaked me TF out as a kid . Don't know why but dude freaked me TFO.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #206 on: February 12, 2020, 04:08:31 AM »
Man I am liking all the droids in this new batch. Off to share your customs and your auction link.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #207 on: February 12, 2020, 04:09:35 AM »
The rodian pilot has my vote.
Another great batch of figures here

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2020, 05:23:49 PM »
Lots of cool figures, but I LOVE this one!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #209 on: February 14, 2020, 06:53:57 AM »
Lots of cool figures, but I LOVE this one!

Yeah, me too. It is getting a lot of love on eBay too!