Author Topic: Moronarama Custom Figures  (Read 58672 times)

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
Re: Moronarama Custom Figures
« Reply #180 on: December 09, 2019, 09:31:00 AM »
Tep Idost – Givin Jedi
Head & Hands are SW Elis Helrot, the rest is SW Anakin figure.  I replaced the cybernetic right forearm & hand arm with the left forearm of a second Anakin figure.  It works pretty well, but you have to make a new socket for the hand for it to be in the right place.

Jedi Zach De La Rocha – Rage Against the Empire
The head is SW Jarek Yeager, torso & legs are SW Quinlan Vos, and the arms are Jurassic World Ian Malcolm.  The cardbacker was assembled in Adobe PhotoShop & Illustrator.  I took a shot of Zach from a concert and then layered on a photo from some guy’s cosplay outfit.  I am sure that Zach De La Rocha would probably hate this since Disney is such a huge corporate behemoth, but when I first saw the head on that Jarek Yeager figure, I just know I had to try out this figure.

LT. Jolaak - Gand-Thora Special Commando
Another whose head is a butt.  SW Head is Genosian Pelvis, the rest is a WWII America Soldier.  The canteen of from a Gear of War figure,  the grenade from a GI Joe and the pack is from a SW Battle Droid.  I should have painted a little pencil thin mustache on him, and I imagine he has the alien bug equivalent of a British accent.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:11:22 AM by Moronarama »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #181 on: December 10, 2019, 04:07:03 AM »
Such great combinations yet again here. I don't know how you think all these up. Off to share this to the front pages before I run out of internet time this morning.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #182 on: December 10, 2019, 08:24:48 AM »
Such great combinations yet again here. I don't know how you think all these up. Off to share this to the front pages before I run out of internet time this morning.
Thanks, Tamer!  Some times I have a plan, like with the case of Lumpy or Zach De La Rocha, but a lot of time I just have a pile of parts I think look cool and then start putting them together in different ways until I hit something I like.  It's kind if the "doodling" equivalent of figure customization.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2019, 12:25:29 AM »
Another interesting batch of customs. There are some really great combinations. I like your Harch assassin and Red Jax (the Ice Pirates mention made me chuckle). Good job.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2019, 03:56:19 AM »
One thing you really need to credit yourself for I was noticing this morning is your head to neck to body configuration. Nothing seems out of whack with either head size, neck proportions, etc. with all of the customs you do even with wild combinations. You make it seem believable with how you put these together.

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
« Reply #185 on: December 12, 2019, 12:41:32 AM »
Yeah, that Red Jax is striking! Your updates are always a fun read - I never know what to expect, and I love that.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #186 on: December 12, 2019, 02:56:45 PM »
Thank you Starchaser & Aude.  I'm glad you guys are entertained.  Its fun for me to just let my imagination run wild and try out new things.  It funny I struggle when I'm trying to make a custom to order to match some existing character.  Something about it sucks the artistic juices out of me.  The weird crazy original designs do more for me.
One thing you really need to credit yourself for I was noticing this morning is your head to neck to body configuration. Nothing seems out of whack with either head size, neck proportions, etc. with all of the customs you do even with wild combinations. You make it seem believable with how you put these together.
Thanks for the compliment, Tamer.  It's funny, because I'm only half conscious of matching parts when I'm doing it, but it bugs me when the scale of the parts don't look right.  For example, I almost never use Leia heads, because that are undersized and only look good on the bodies made for her.  I guess its just a hold over from when I learned to draw and trying to make everything look natural.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #187 on: December 14, 2019, 11:39:51 PM »
Like I've said before I'm a big  fan of yours. I like the cookiness it's always something different.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #188 on: December 23, 2019, 10:42:18 AM »
wow
So many outstanding and unique custom figures.
Keep up the great work.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2020, 04:19:05 AM »
Alright, first batch of the new year!
https://www.ebay.com/str/weakcut/Custom-Action-Figures/_i.html?_storecat=49737563013

I'm trying out some back stories for my creations … let me know what you think …
AU-D2 – Astromech Droid
AU-D2 was a present from the Prince of Hynestia to his daughter Lady Oscora.  AU-D2 was specially commission from Industrial Automation to act as servant, chauffeur, and body guard for its owner.  Its whimsical exterior is both fashionable and deceptive.  The over-sized antennae on top of AU-D2 actually houses a powerful capacitor that can create a 20 foot “stun field”  that can be used to disable potential assailants.

The body is some wind up robot I had kicking around and the legs are obviously from an SW R2-D2 figure.  The body took quite a bit of hot glue to fill in the holes for the winder, the feet, and an arm that had been sticking out the side.  The lowest eye is a piece from a Mastermind board game.  I though gold would be a different color to try, but it may have been too much … it looks a little like a Christmas ornament.

Bone Hammer – Yautja Rebel Pilot – A Star Wars/Predator Mashup
A member of the Blood Squadron formed from the remnants of the Green and Silver squadrons and reconstituted with several new pilots recruited from the outer rim.  The Blood Squadron was tasked with striking Imperial Garrisons along the Outer Rim in order to liberate and recruit as many new planets as possible.  Bone Hammer was one of the few Yautja willing to abandon his people’s tradition of trophy hunting that lead most of his race into the bounty hunting profession.  Bone Hammer is a skilled pilot who has modified his A-Wing fighter with equipment from his home world, including: advanced sensor array, full rotating auto targeting cannons, and cloaking device.  This of course comes at the cost of diminished shield capacity.  Bone Hammer is often utilized by the squadron for advanced scouting and recon, at which he excels.

Head and hands are a Reaction Predator, and the body is a SW Luke Skywalker Pilot.  The hair required some trimming since the neck is longer on the reaction figure. 

Busco Delv – Iktochi Mandalorian Warrior
Busco Delv was only 5 cycles old when his parents prospecting ship was attacked by raiders.  His parents were murdered and he and his two siblings were left adrift in space.  For 5 weeks they floated, getting closer and closer to starvation.  By the time the Mandolorian cruiser found them Busco was the only survivor.  Adopted as a foundling by the cruiser’s captain, Busco was inducted in the ways of the Mandalorian.  This was in the days before the purge and before the requirement that a Mandalorian’s helmet not be removed.  Busco trained hard and became a skilled warrior.  He trades his skills in the Bounty Hunters Guild, but is always searching for the raider group that killed his family, to exact revenge.

Head and helmet are SW Saesee Tiin, the body, arms and legs are SW Jango Fett.  The belt/cloth is from a SW Giran figure, with some Gi Joe Grenades and a SW Han Solo holster and blaster.  I’m not sure where the backpack came from

Corporal Hinywine – Gand Thora Rebel Trooper
Corporal Hinywine loves Bernice … his reconditioned Clone Wars era EMP Launcher.  He's replaced the original droid disrupting grenades with a more all purpose ion cannon load that wreaked havoc with enemy equipment and blasters.  Like the few Gand Thora that remain in the galaxy, Hinywine is sworn enemy to the empire who attempted to eradicate his entire race.

BUTTHEAD!  Head is a Geonosian pelvis and the eyes are the backs from cheap ball point pens.  The body is an Elite Forces soldier.  I trimmed down the front pack, because it got in the way of the arms and added a blaster holster on the right.  The kerchief is from a GI Joe Stiletto figure.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 04:58:56 AM by Tamer »

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2020, 04:20:35 AM »
Darth Raptorus – Drabata Sith Lord
Born to a Drabatan High Family, Raptorus was never identified as a force sensitive by the Jedi Order. Trained by a series if shaman who were enslaved to his family, he quickly found his way to the Dark Side.  He was sought out by Darth Nihilus, who became his master, as such Raptorus adopted a similar mask.  Nihilus trained Raptorus and when his powers reached their peak, Nihilus betrayed Raptorus and consumed his life force.

The head is an Amazing Spiderman Lizard, and the rest of the body is a Marvel Skrull figure.  The jacket is from a GI Joe Samurai figure, and the mask is from a GI Joe Blind Master.  I styled the mask after Darth Nihilus

Dineera – Tiefling Bounty Hunter – A Star Wars/Dungeons & Dragons Mashup
Hailing from the spaceport of Waterdeep on the planet Faerun, Dineera was trained as a warrior and a thief.  She has used these skills to her advantage as she sought bounties though out the larger galaxy.  She known for her consistent ability to bring he quarry in alive, she prefers to use her molecular razor swords rather that blasters that lead to accidental disintegrations.

The head is from Angel Forge, the torso, arms and upper legs are a GI Joe Lady Jay, and the lower legs are from a GI Joe Storm Shadow.  The bracers are off a Mini Mates Battle Beast figure.

Gobus Odai – Mon Calamari Bounty Hunter
Gobus Odai was drafted into the Mon Calamari's war with the Quarren at a young age.  He became a blood thirst warrior for his people, but when peace came with the hated Quarren he could not abide it, and fled to the stars.  He quickly earned a name for himself as a mercenary and bounty hunter, most notable capturing the wily Bib Fortuna after his betrayal of the Hutt Clans.

The head is SW Meena Tills, lower arms are SW Admiral Akbar, and the rest is SW Carnor Jax,  The cape is from a Marvel Quasar figure.  I normally like to do some paint work, but this one looked really good with the way he was, so I left him alone.

Governor Brasmun Kiy of Abednado – Imperial Magistrate
As the Imperial Magistrate of Abednado, Brasmun Kiy was one of the most oppressive and cruel governors the empire ever saw.  Due to his people’s early resistance to the Empire, it was decided to subjugate the people mercilessly.  Brasmun Kiy was a deposed autocrat who was awaiting charges leveled by The United Abednado Provinces Council.  Although generally unpopular, he had a strong loyal base of militant support which he was able to use to control the population.   The Empire found him to be the perfect candidate fro the job.  Governor Kiy was captured shortly after Battle of Endor and turned over to the War Crimes Tribunal of the New Republic.

Head is C’ai Threnali, body is SW Rom Mohc.  The Eye patch was made from a GI Joe weapons harness.  I tried to stick the Abednado names being Beastie Boys songs … Brass Monkey!

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2020, 04:23:38 AM »
Happy J8K – Droid Bounty Hunter
Happy J8K is an early model of the J8K series hunter droids.  Programmed with a strange sense of humor designed to distract and disarm his target, there is nothing humorous about him once his blasters start firing.  Like many of his model series, Happy J8K like wearing human clothing, though the oversized servos in his legs prevent most normal sized pairs of trousers.

Head is SW Pit Droid, torso, arms & hands are GI Joe Cobra Commander, and the legs are GI Joe Duke Accelerator Suit.  The Jacket is from a SW Rebel Trooper.

KRZ-9 – Navigation Droid
The KRZ series navigators are far superior to the Astromech series, particularly in the management of large capital ships.  They have 100 times the memory capacity, allowing them to hold all known start charts in their ready access memory.  They have also been proven to be able to make far superior hyperspace jumps, saving substantial time and money to their owners.  In addition to Navigation, The KRZ-9 is programmed for piloting, cargo control and minor maintenance.

Head is a SW Seeker Droid, torso and upper arms are a SW Commander Cody, the legs are SW Mawhonic and the feet are SW Jango Fett.  I really like droids with giant heads and little bodies.

Munt – Geneshan Bounty Hunter
Captain Muntorious Mossback, or Munt to his friends and enemies, is a reliable bounty hunter, smuggler and low life.  He is quite jovial and well-liked by most beings he interacts with, but he is also known for being a cutthroat business man and not above using heavy weaponry to get the job done.

Head is from an Ice Age Manny toy filled in with some hot glue, the arms are from a Family Dollar soldier, and the torso and arms are from a Chap Mei alien.  The double barreled shotgun is from a Gears of War Dom figures, and the “elephant gun” is from the same Family Dollar soldier I got the arms from.

Nela San – Mirilan Bounty Hunter
Nela San was training as a nun in the Holy Order of White Nebula when she was recalled to her home on Mirila Prime due to the death of her father.  With a sick and disabled mother and 5 younger siblings to provide for, Nela began to hire herself out for security work in the local crime syndicate.  Using the special training she had acquired in the Order, Nela became quite good at wielding the large two handed vibro-sword.  In spite of this, her caste status limited in how far she could go in the organization, so she eventually saved enough money to buy out her own contract, freeing her to take on freelance bounty missions.

Head is a Fortnite Dark Bomber. Torso, arms & hands are GI Joe Stilleto, and the legs are GI Joe Snake Eyes. I really though the tattoo-marking on the Dark Bomber face would look good as a Mirilan

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2020, 04:24:41 AM »
RD-SV5 – Service Droid
RD-SV5 is the long suffering maintenance and service droid aboard the freighter ship Correllian Horizon.  He toils endlessly trying to keep the ancient freighter systems running at a minimally acceptable level.  If you let him he will tell you endlessly the woes of  the ship as well as the current state of his own worn out machinery.

Head is a GI Joe Dr. Mindbender Scanner gun, torso and legs are SW Battle Droid, and the arms are SW General Grievous.  He is equipped with a GI Joe flashlight and a Playmobil crowbar.

Snope Duol – Korbinite Jedi – A Star Wars/Marvel Universe Mashup
Snope was born feeble and blind.  By the traditions of his clan he was taken to the Stone of Judgment where he was to be left until he died from exposure.  Luckily the Jedi Order was already aware of his budding powers and Master Sofi Azul rescued him and delivered him to the temple for his raising.  In a twist of fate, Doul was assigned back to his homeworld during the height of the Clone Wars, to expel a Separatist incursion.  Sadly, Duol fell in battle, but not before securing victory for his battalion and saving scores of Korbinite lives.  A statue was raised in his honor in the capital, as a shining example of what all citizens may achieve.

The head is a Beta Ray Bill cast, the hood is from a SW Clone Wars Plo Koon, and the rest is SW Obi Wan Kenobi Padawan figure.

Xorn Redclaw – Nephran Jedi
The Nephran are a reserved and reclusive species by nature, so Xorn Redclaw was considered quite the outlier by comparison.  Sometimes referred to as the Singing Jedi, Xorn was known for launching into wild operatic display during battle.  While most of his fellow warriors found this bizarre, it allowed him to tap into a primal version of the Force and fill his allies with courage and his enemies with fear.

Head & Hands are a Boss Fight Crustacean, Torso & arms are SW Clone Wars Kit Fisto, and the legs are SW Clone Wars Obi Wan Kenobi.  The scarf is from a GI Joe Storm Shadow.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2020, 05:05:05 AM »
Wow, so cool. I am out of time, but I have to get these on the front pages.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2020, 02:10:00 PM »
I agree, another very cool batch! They all look awsum!