Author Topic: Moronarama Custom Figures  (Read 61243 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Moronarama Custom Figures
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2019, 05:17:30 PM »
Cool, thanks for the comparison shot. I really think your tip on the Pirates monkey heads is spot on. Thanks again.

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2019, 06:48:39 PM »
I love your vision and creativity to create the head of Kliket from a Mawhonic pelvis.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2019, 11:22:45 AM »
Thank you, Aude.  I am always looking at random things trying to see head or droid bodies.  I just had a bunch of Mawhonic and Geonosian pelvises left over from other figures and just started playing around.  I'm kind of inspired by the original Kenner prototype extended line, where it just looked like they were kit bashing making new characters.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #168 on: December 04, 2019, 11:28:52 AM »
So I'm not great a process shots, because I find it hard to stop and take pictures in the middle of working on figures.  But anyhow here is a shot of the figures I'm currently working on all together.  Most are fully assembled and just need paint, but there are a few I'm still working on the builds for, like the clone trooper (gonna be a medic) and the Gand (it's gonna be a bounty hunter, I just want the trooper armor for the upper body and arms.  Plus that body is too tall.) 

tada ...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 11:46:47 AM by Moronarama »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2019, 04:14:46 AM »
Wow, that is a lot of custom goodness. Off to share.

I figured it was time for your December batch but wow!

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2019, 09:11:55 AM »
I really like your figures, but I'm astounded by your pace of production!

Looking forward to seeing the next set complete.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2019, 10:05:50 AM »
Wow, that is a lot of custom goodness. Off to share.

I figured it was time for your December batch but wow!
Thanks, Tamer.  I think I should have the first half up by this Sunday.  My goal is to get the rest up by the following Sunday.

I really like your figures, but I'm astounded by your pace of production!

Looking forward to seeing the next set complete.
Thank you Chuckles.  Now to be honest, about 1/3 of these have been in some stage of assembly for the last month or so, and I have just been tweaking them.  So it's not like I just whipped these all out in the last 4 weeks.  But I like to work on multiple figures at the same time, that way if I get stuck on one or need to let something dry, I can flip to another one and keep going.  I also have the luxury of a 1 hour lunch break and I live near home so I get a solid 45 minutes most days to work in the peace and quiet of an empty house :)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2019, 06:25:46 PM »
Wow, that's a lot of figures. I can only manage one or two at a time. Look forward to the final postings.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2019, 03:51:25 AM »
I agree! So many great ideas on the workbench there! Love the idea of that mutated Ventress, looking forward to the Clone Medic and already love that golden Astromech friend. The Rhodian on the right hand side reminds me of The Force Unleashed, which I played through last weekend. Got inspired on Raxus Prime a bit...Hasbro need to give us a Greedo on TVC card already! Or I just need to mold n cast a couple heads of Pax Bonkik. Thanks for the update! This batch is magnificent!

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #174 on: December 09, 2019, 07:28:24 AM »
Thanks, Starchaser.

I agree! So many great ideas on the workbench there! Love the idea of that mutated Ventress, looking forward to the Clone Medic and already love that golden Astromech friend. The Rhodian on the right hand side reminds me of The Force Unleashed, which I played through last weekend. Got inspired on Raxus Prime a bit...Hasbro need to give us a Greedo on TVC card already! Or I just need to mold n cast a couple heads of Pax Bonkik. Thanks for the update! This batch is magnificent!
As you will see shortly the mutated Ventress is a Hanch Assassin.  The small size of the arms made it easy to attached multiples to the torso.  RC-1136's clone troopers inspired the idea for a clone medic.  With all the other specialized units he fleshed out, it made me think about the need for a medic.  I may make a droid companion to go with him.  We'll see where the gold Astromech goes, O find my self slapping Astromech legs on anything cylindrical lately just to see how it looks.  And I welcome any of the aliens to the Vintage Series.  That has been my biggest complaint with the black series and all the 5 POA figures since Force Awakens, not enough droids and not enough aliens.  These are what I have always loved best about Star Wars figures.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #175 on: December 09, 2019, 08:04:34 AM »
Thanks, Starchaser.

As you will see shortly the mutated Ventress is a Hanch Assassin.  The small size of the arms made it easy to attached multiples to the torso.  RC-1136's clone troopers inspired the idea for a clone medic.  With all the other specialized units he fleshed out, it made me think about the need for a medic.  I may make a droid companion to go with him.  We'll see where the gold Astromech goes, O find my self slapping Astromech legs on anything cylindrical lately just to see how it looks.  And I welcome any of the aliens to the Vintage Series.  That has been my biggest complaint with the black series and all the 5 POA figures since Force Awakens, not enough droids and not enough aliens.  These are what I have always loved best about Star Wars figures.

Flattering to see I inspired you. 😂

Looking forward to see you post more of your work!
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #176 on: December 09, 2019, 09:26:29 AM »
Thank you, RC.  I don't do many troopers, but you really opened up the idea for me.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #177 on: December 09, 2019, 09:28:02 AM »
Alright, here we go ... December Batch: Part 1

Available on eBay until 12/15/19.
https://www.ebay.com/str/weakcut/Custom-Action-Figures/_i.html?_storecate=49737563013

Beta Octo –The Electrical Man
Head is SW BB-8, body/torso/legs are a Ben 10 Steam Smythe and the tanks on the back are a jet pack from a Tomorrowland Young Frank reactions figure.  The staff is a Fortnite electrical staff and the lantern is from a Disney Atlantis Milo Thatch figure.  The clock belt buckle is from Idea-ology charm set.

Black Rezzlah – Hanch Assassin
Head is a Minimates Battle Beasts The Tarantual figure, and the body arms and legs are SW Asajj Ventress (3 of them in the case of the arms.  The holsters and pistols are from a SW Clone Wars Animated Boba Fett (Child), the flame throwers are Minimates Aliens Space Marines and the axes are from LOTR Balin the Dwarf.  I think this might be my most successful multi-armed figure I have made.  Of course insect/arachnid joints don’t have to look as smooth as fleshy mammal joints.

Dovos Kartoom – Devilesco Jedi
One of my made up races.  The head is from a set of demon figures I picked up at a dollar store in Branson, MO.  The rest is a SW  Phantom Menace Qui Gon Jin.  The head reminds me of a demon from Dungeons & Dragons, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of it.  I remembers painting a miniature of it back in college, but I must have lost it, cause it’s not in my old case.

Golmesh – Gand-Thora Bounty Hunter
BUTTHEAD!  The head is from an SW Undead Geonosian, the eyes are from the back of a cheapo Bic style pen.  The torso is a SW Momaw Nadon, the loincloth/holster is SW Ellis Helrot, and the arms & legs are from a Lanard CORPS! figure.  The knife is from some McFarlane figure, but I cannot remember which one.  I really like this one, I though I managed to catch that Star Wars Cantina vibe better that I have with a lot of my figures.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 04:01:59 AM by Tamer »

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #178 on: December 09, 2019, 09:29:00 AM »
KV-1N “Kevin”– Astromech Droid
The body is a barrel from a Lanard CORPS! set, the legs are from a SW Build A Droid Astromech figure, and the rest is from all over.  The eye on one side is part of an Animal Planet flashlight, the eye on the other side is a piece from the Mastermind board game, and the rest are pits a pieces left over from trimming down other figures.  I used a block printing knife to try to create panels and details, but they came out pretty wonky.  I was going for a vibe similar to Old B.O.B. from Disney’s The Black Hole, dented, used and abused.

Lumpwaroo “Lumpy” Wookie Youngling
Same as the one I made before (SW Playskool Chewbacca head on a SW Chewbacca that was shortened by removing sections), but I made a cardbacker to go with it.  The card backer was made of a template I built in Adobe PhotoShop & Illustrator.

Luna Olocto – Nautolan Bounty Hunter
SW Kit Fisto head, SW Jyn Erson, Body, legs and Upper arms, and SW Rey lower arms.  Nothing too fancy here.

MAUS-009 – Assassin Droid
SW Mouse Droid body, and Pit Droid arms.  The radar on top is from a  Zak Storm Caramba figure, the eye is a piece from the Mastermind board game.  Another of my deadly little droids :)

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
« Reply #179 on: December 09, 2019, 09:30:12 AM »
PO-45 – Sprog Pilot
Just a head swap.  Head is a Kre-O Star Trek Sprog figure, the body is a SW Black Series Biggs Darklighter, and the helmet is a cutdown helmet from SW C’ai Thernali.

R13-D8 – Imperial Astromech Droid
The legs are SW Build a Droid Astromech legs, the body is the arms from a modular dollar store robot and the eye is once again a pieced from the Mastermind board games.  I have been raiding the heck outta that old game.

Red Jax – Pirate Droid
Torso and legs are SW Battle droid, the arms are SW General Grievous, and the head is the spotlight from an underwater camera from an Animal Planet playset.  The sword and scabbards are from a GI Joe Destro figure and the pistol and holster are from a SW Black Series General Lando Calrissian.  Even though it looks nothing like those robots, this guy made me think of Ice Pirates.

Rolas Minilon – Utaupan Jedi – Tatooine Expeditionary Force
Another head swap, SW Clone Wars Animated Kit Fisto, torso, arms & legs, SW Tion Medon head and hands, and the helmet is from a GI Joe Dusty figure.  I liked the idea of a Tatooine force based on the WWI & WWII African Expeditionary forces.  I think its an Idea I might try to flesh out a little more in some future figures.