Author Topic: Lanard "Rampage: The Movie" Mega-George Review  (Read 946 times)

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
Lanard "Rampage: The Movie" Mega-George Review
« on: February 14, 2018, 11:50:36 AM »
"Rampage: The Movie" Mega-George Review:

The largest and most expensive piece in the Walmart exclusive "Rampage: The Movie" line by Lanard is the Mega-George set. This giant-sized version of the simian hero of the film retails for $19.82 and comes packed in an open front cardboard tray.

George sports 11 points of articulation consisting of a ball hinge head that allows George to have his head properly oriented when in upright or walking on his knuckles poses while also allowing for a decent range of movement, ball hinge shoulders and elbows, swivel wrists and hips and ball jointed feet to ensure stability while posing. The paint apps are very well done but beware that due to the open packaging the paint can be marred easily (especially the teeth, lips, nose and eyebrow ridges) from shelf ware or people playing with the toy in the store. Luckily I had a few to choose from and found one with a great paint job on both George and the included Dwayne Johnson figure. The figure is mostly hollow plastic, but still manages to feel pretty sturdy despite its surprisingly low weight.

The included action figure sports one of the brand new, more articulated "The Corps!" sculpts (one that has not been released in the main line yet) with a newly designed head featuring the likeness of actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. The headsculpt is quite good, better in fact than the previous figures of this actor from Hasbro's "G.I.Joe: Retaliation" line. The newly designed figure has 10points of articulation including a swivel neck, ball hinge shoulders and elbows, ball jointed waist and hips and hinge knees. While the added articulation is a step up from Lanard's previous "The Corps!" offerings over the last 2 decades (an assortment of which are reused in the "Rampage: The Movie" line), there is still some room for improvement. A ball jointed head would be nice to add some expressiveness to the figure and wrist and ankle articulation would improve posing. Sadly, this figure does not include a pistol for the working holster on his right hip (the Rock figure that comes with the Canister Contact George set shares this sculpt and is also lacking a pistol for the holster despite coming with a nice accessory compliment) but I am sure I have something in my pistols box that will fit. I have heard some complaints about the new styled hip joints being so loose that the legs fall off of the figure but that is not the case with my sample. They are a bit loose in the knees but the hips are nice and tight.

For the price, you cannot beat this gigantic monster of a value so if you need a giant ape to terrorize your figures or just look cool standing on a shelf, the Mega-George set is perfect for your needs!
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Lanard "Rampage: The Movie" Mega-George Review
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 03:04:13 AM »
Wow, great review. Off to share Dan. Looking forward to this movie and the new Pacific Rim coming out.