Author Topic: 2021 marks the 5th Anniversary of Rogue One - Your ideas for TVC!  (Read 14353 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: The Return of The Vintage Collection 2018 - Your ideas!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2020, 09:55:18 AM »
Thank you for commenting JD!! I think I remember that poll. Wasn’t it on instagram back in the day? Well, I’m fine with the continuation of the VC numbers. I also don’t really care as a loose collector. But I’m also aware of how serious this hobby can be to many others.
We all know Hasbro’s choice for the 1st Wave of TVC (2.0) back in 2018 was just...horrible! (except for the Rebel Soldier). And the aftermath everyone had foreseen did come true, indeed. Pegs were stuck with Wave 1 for a year.

I’m very impressed with the points you make here! And I agree 100%. The Vintage Collection is all about nostalgia and quality. The Legacy Collection was quality & liberty plus you got the Droid factory!

So since TVC is in memory of the original Kenner line, there are certain limitations which is unfortunate. So your choice that TLC is/was the best line ever by Hasbro for Star Wars is absolut legit in my opinion. Who does not miss the battle and comic packs?

So you don’t see a sub-line for TVC happening? It’s all left to the RETRO Collection then...

But if we want the original 96 in super-articulated form, it might be done with a new name, maybe: The Kenner Collection or The Principum Collection. I just want this to be done. It’s not a challenge for Hasbro. It seems they just don’t want to make it happen.

Are you familiar with situations that are unnecessarily difficult and frustrating? Can you well live with awkward situations and superficial customer relations? Do you love artificial limitations of products as much as we do? Welcome to Hasbro. You should start a career here.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 10:39:15 AM by Darth More »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2020, 10:36:24 AM »
I'm right there with you on frustration. This year would have been ideal to make a definitive Cloud City Lando, and Lobot. Instead it's the year of the repacks. Such a waste of time. Instead of having one new figure per wave it should be the opposite. One repack per wave at most. I don't know what they're smoking over there.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2020, 05:21:19 AM »
I echo JDeck's sentiments and add in the fact that they are now overcharging for anything with a vintage card or box. $150 for that slave one is nuts. 70 bucks for that ITT is nuts. The skiff should only be $25.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2020, 03:12:37 AM »
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment gentlemen. This time I posted this on a Facebook group, too. And the clear echo is: NO interest in a "sub-line" or exclusive series of 96 figures for the Vintage Collection. It's funny how quick topics get emotional on facebook that's why I avoid that environment. I didn't keep track, but it seems that there are only 13 characters left to be updated. If we are this close to finally complete the original 96, I'm absolutey on the boat of waiting for them to join the main line. Didn't even know there was no numbering on the Kenner figures back in '77-'84.
So never mind. The RETRO Collection is a nice homage, The Vintage Collection does have it's limits in creativity. But Hasbro still could do SO MUCH more.

I still can't get over the fact that a repaint of a vehicle that was tagged $79.99 a decade ago is now $149.99 while an ALL-NEW 1/12 scale Snowspeeder WITH 6" figure got a MRSP of just $119.99!!!
I mean the Slave I was sold for as low as $30 if I remember correctly. I got it for 50,-€ at Toys "R" Us back in 2012. It was 129,99€ first, went down to 79,99€ then and was still there when I found it. That was luck.

I think many people are willing to pay for quality.  rather support Hasbro than scalpers on ebay. But I got the impression that Hasbro jumped on the train and "adjusted" their MRSPs knwoing that people are paying crazy money on the secondary market, too. They love (and need) profit so why not raising prices? If we only knew the margins. They are supposedly high.
On the other hand: If we all wait for the stuff to go on clearance, this brand will no longer be continued. And IF the stuff goes on clearance, all the scalpers are the first in the row to buy it all. Some even use AI to get all the stock. It's even worse on the sneaker market. It's horrible. These first world problems shouldn't exist.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2020, 06:45:19 AM »
Yeah, I think Hasbro pays more attention to eBay prices than we realize and that helps them set their price points now. I am sure they could give you all the reasoning why it is so much, but yeah. I also find myself hilarious in the fact that I was gripping about vintage product cost here and then saw the EE Sale and bought the skiff and ITT I was griping about. Hasbro so has me.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2021, 02:05:41 AM »
I agree, Tamer. I think they do and when I talked to Eric of the brand team he told me that they're also aware of the popularity of videogame characters. People who played the games back then are now grown up and got the budget, so that's why we have the gaming greats line, which might come to The Vintage Collection this year as well!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2021, 02:13:03 AM »
As you all know, this year marks the 5th Anniversary of Rogue One already! Rumors say that all the main characters are going to get a photo-real update and be re-released in the new P4 packaging of The Black Series. I really like the new design and think it's the best time to start collecting The Black series NOW! I've also been selling my TBS6 figures from Rogue One before nobody wants 'em anymore.

Via Instagram I've been kind of a Probe Droid recently and this morning I came across these guys here:

The Hyperspace Vault is a father and son project and both of them have a really nice wish list for TVC releases this year: Here's their Top 10 Most wanted Rogue One Figures for The Vintage Collection:

I left my comment, a like and an instant sub below the video and I recommend to you to do the same.

Please, also make sure to check out JDeck's wishlist for TVC2!
  ;)

- Philipp (in case you already forgot me lol)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 02:25:11 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: 2021 marks the 5th Anniversary of Rogue One - Your ideas for TVC!
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2021, 06:56:55 AM »
Well I don't think they have done a 5 year anniversary figure line before. Maybe at ten we might see something. Interesting ideas though.