Author Topic: Updated Forums  (Read 5094 times)

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Updated Forums
« on: July 06, 2017, 06:00:44 AM »
We now have the most current forums package they offer. It has been awhile since we have updated and I wanted to do it today while I had a chance to see if it had any bugs. So far it really seems to be working great. It has even added a few new buttons for folks to try out.

I plan on trying to get us some updated smilies maybe before the days is out too, but I think I have earned a coffee break for now. Enjoy the forums Yarders. I figured it was the least I could do with photobucket being nasty this week.

Offline kalzeth

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: Updated Forums
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 05:10:37 PM »
Awesome. Will the new version support Tapatalk? If not do you know if there are any apps that support browsing of the forums here?

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 05:11:20 AM »
Awesome. Will the new version support Tapatalk? If not do you know if there are any apps that support browsing of the forums here?

There are quite a few, and I think tapatalk in one of them, that support browsing of our SMF Forums. I would just type that in an app search and see what comes up.

Offline kalzeth

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 07:35:32 AM »
I can't seem to get tapatalk to find the forum here. Can anyone help or recommend another app that will work? Feedly works for the front page news but not the forum updates.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 12:35:27 PM »
I absolutely love that new head of our forums! I was just thinking about placing the "recent post" button on top of the page this morning. And there it is. This is wicked cool!

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 03:00:43 AM »
Well our ISP "migrated" our host. It seems we are missing a few things from our header.

It doesn't look too bad though.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2022, 03:07:23 AM »
Actually, I think this is an updated smf forums. When they switched us to a new server I am guessing they just auto downloaded the new package.

Whew, doesn't seem like we are missing anything.

Like all the customs posts, etc. that make this place what it is. I didn't know this was gonna happen though. Guess it worked out, but it irritates me a bit.