Author Topic: Star Wars No Paint Kit Bash 2017  (Read 29487 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Star Wars No Paint Kit Bash 2017
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2017, 02:32:24 AM »
Wow, all kinds of new great entries in here. bdc41866 I will get the rest of yours featured and then get Gurt's great entries on the front page.

And folks feel free to make more than five kit-bashes, but understand the maximum number of entries for the prize drawing is five no matter  how many more you make. Glad to see folks having fun.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2017, 09:56:16 AM »
CloneSniper78, I gotta get me one of those Cassians. Makes a great Han. Nice work!

Sjefke, that's one slick, supafly Gran. Pimpin' ain't easy when you got metal legs! Great use of parts.

Thanks CS78

Well Star Wars has less than savory characters too and wow he sure fits the bill. Before reading the description I thought that was his career path. Off to share.

You're profiling.
That's just wrong.
😜
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:58:23 AM by Sjefke »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2017, 02:25:17 AM »
OK I finished off bdc41866's entries and now I will move onto Gurt's. I will feature one a day until all are mentioned. I really like all the entries so far.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 02:30:55 AM by Tamer »

Offline bdc41866

• Commander
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2017, 06:45:25 PM »
Im entering another one just to mess you up Tamer. Nah. Heres my fourth entry in to the No Paint Kitbash Custom contest. A Chagrian mercenary commander. Somewhat inspired by a character and miniature from Fantasy Flight's Age of Rebellion RPG. Head and hands are from Mas Ameeda, torso and belted tunic piece are from Kithaba, legs are from Vizam, and the weapons are a mix of Star Wars and GI Joe. Only thing I had to do other than standard boil and pop and reassemble the figure was to trim the pegs on Mas Ameedas hands so that they would fit into the wrist holes on Kithabas arms.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2017, 05:06:46 AM »
Now that is one kind of mess up I like! Keep em coming folks and you can make way more than five, but you will only get 5 entries for the prize drawing.

Offline mrfleurs

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2017, 09:20:51 AM »
Hello, everyone. I've just joined the forum, and I wanted to share this quick custom I made recently.

Rodian Smuggler

The recipe is quite simple:
TFA Finn's Jacket and Arms.
TFA Han Solo Blaster and Belt.
ANH Greedo Body, head and hands.

I just boiled and popped everything. The arms and hands of Finn and Greedo so I could use the jacket sleeves, and heated Han's belt to remove it from the leg peghole where it's attached. After that, the assembly was easy, putting Finn's jacket and arms on Greedo's body and pulled the belt up to fix it in his waist.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2017, 04:49:17 AM »
Very  nice Mr. Fleurs. I will get him in our FB Gallery and continue to use the front page to highlight one a day till we get em all featured.

Offline butterfingers

• Ensign
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2017, 07:39:54 PM »
Great customs so far everyone! Haven't posted anything on here for awhile but this contest has got me thinking about spare parts I could use to make some nice customs. I will post my five figures tomorrow.

Offline mrfleurs

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2017, 07:15:32 AM »
Hey, everyone! Here's another custom I made during the weekend.

Luke Skywalker - Shadows of the Empire

TESB Bespin Luke's head and hands.
ANH Farmboy Luke's belt.
ANH Greedo's vest.
ROTJ Jedi Luke's body and lightsaber.

The same procedure, boil and pop everything, and reassemble while the parts are soft.

Offline bdc41866

• Commander
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2017, 11:45:21 AM »
Here is my 5th entry in to the No Paint Kitbash Contest. This is a Rebel Heavy Weapons trooper. Head is from the Marvel 3.75 " Vulture figure, body is GI Joe ROC Breaker, backpack is GI Joe, helmet is Star Wars Endor Rebel Trooper. Rifle is blind box fodder. Last but not least gunbelt is from Mara Jade. Head swap then add the various fodder bits.

Offline butterfingers

• Ensign
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2017, 02:17:18 PM »
Hey all,

I have not posted any customs for a long time as I have been busy, but I must say, I had a really fun time making these figures and it really tested my ability to reuse and recycle fodder parts that I had from random figures that people discarded from various ebay purchases over the past few years.

Before I start explaining these figures, I just wanted to let everyone know that for the most part, minus the simple removing of heads (which the bodies from those donors will be used for future custom projects) were all created from already incomplete figures so I did not sacrifice any brand new figures but rather re-used parts to create figures that would have been sitting in a box. I really wanted to use this contest as a way to encourage myself to create something neat without having to spend more money.

Without further ado, below are my five entries for this year’s kit-bash custom contest.

#1 Unknown CW Jedi Master
IMG_2651 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr
IMG_2652 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr
IMG_2654 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr
IMG_2653 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr

Parts List
Head- G.I. Joe 50th anniversary 3-pack Special Forces Jodie Craig
Body- CW 07 Phase 2 Commander Cody
Arms- 2008 CW 01 Anakin Skywalker (or Space Suit Anakin would work)
Thigh- CW 2010 Deluxe Figure Obi-wan with BARC Speeder
Skirt- CW 36 Quinlan Vos
Legs- CW 07 Phase 2 Commander Cody
Backpack- BD 55 TLC Snowtrooper
Shoulder Armor- 30th TAC Mace Windu’s Attack Battalion Clone Trooper
Waist-piece/ammo-belt- GH01 Kashyyyk Trooper

Description:
I removed the head from the Jodie Craig figure and popped it onto the CW Phase 2 Cody body. The chest-piece was purchased from a fodder lot on eBay a long time ago so I didn’t have to boil and pop the parts away. I boiled and popped the arms off a CW Anakin and attached them to the CW Phase 2 Cody chest. The skirt from the CW Quinlan Vos was added to the thigh section of the CW articulated Obi-Wan and then boil and popped to be attached to the CW Phase 2 body. The CW cody legs were extra pieces in my parts bin and were boil and popped back into the thighs of the CW articulated Obi-Wan body. The backpack was from the TLC Snowtrooper was pegged into the back and the shoulder armor and the ammo-belt was clipped onto the figure.

#2 Jedi Master Mas Missur (CW style)
I have been always interested in trying to complete more characters that were part of the Omega Squad story line books. Jedi Master Mas Missur was in charge of the 35th infantry.

IMG_2655 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr
IMG_2656 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr
IMG_2658 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr
IMG_2659 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr

Parts List
Head- G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Duke Vs. Tombstone 2-pack Conrad Duke Hauser
Helmet- CW 21 Commander Gree
Chest- CW figure that uses the Stone Mold (has a hole drilled in the back)
Arms- CW 62 Captain Rex (Jet Propulsion Pack)
Wrists- Any Articulated CW style clone prior to the Stone Mold
Knife Strap- G.I. Joe 50th anniversary 3-pack Special Forces Jodie Craig
Waist/legs- CW 45 Anakin Skywalker
Backpack- TAC 30th Collection 30-15 Concept Boba Fett
Lightsaber- Fodder Bin

Description:
I simply removed the head from the Duke figure and popped it onto a CW style figure that uses the stone mold (sorry don’t know which figure it is. The chest piece was all I got from a fodder lot on eBay a long time ago). I heated the CW Captain Rex arms and popped them into the chest piece. The CW captain rex that I had did not have any wrists so I boiled and popped the wrists off a fodder figure that unfortunately had parts of the fingers cut off (something I will sculpt later on) and popped them into the forearm of the Captain Rex figure. The waist was boiled and popped from a CW 45 Anakin Skywalker and the backpack was pegged into the back. Knife vest/strap was removed from the G.I. Joe Jodie Craig figure and snapped in.

#3 Mandalorian Death Watch Rifleman
(I will most likely take this figure and try and make it into a CW style Montross figure as this was what I had planned originally when I first made the base for this figure)
IMG_2663 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr
[/url]IMG_2661 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr
IMG_2662 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr

Parts List
Head- CW 36 Quinlan Vos (hair removed)
Helmet- CW 08 Pre Vizsla
Chest/Arms- CW 36 Quinlan Vos
Waist/Legs- CW 08 Pre Vizsla
Rifle- The Black Series 3.75 inch Walmart Exclusive Sergeant Jyn Erso
Vest- G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Shipwreck vs. Cobra Commander 2-pack Shipwreck figure

Description:
This figure was a simple swap. I had an extra Pre Vizsla figure from the waist down, I simply heated the waist and popped it onto a the chest section of Quinlan Vos figure. I cut off the hair of the Quinlan Vos figure and placed a Pre-Vizsla helmet onto it. With Walmart currently selling The Black Series for 3.75 inch figures for around $6 a piece, the figures make for great customizing opportunities and I thought Hasbro did a fantastic job with the two Assemble/disassemble rifles for both the Jyn and Cassian figures. I really wanted to just take a picture and showcase the rifle and how they would match perfectly for people who are interested in customizing mandalorians or bounty hunters. The vest was taken from the G.I. Joe Shipwreck figure and simply clipped into place.
As mentioned earlier, I really do plan to take this figure and hopefully make it into a CW style Montross figure as I loved the way those two figures came out in the realistic version and would have loved to see them in the CW animated style.

#4 CW Clone Commander Levet
I took inspiration from this kit-bash for a project that I have wanted to do for a CW Desert Style Commander Wolffe. Unfortunately, the contest of painting made me see what else I could do and honestly I like the way the figure turned out, but I may use it for something else later on. Anyway, on to the figure.
IMG_2664 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr
IMG_2665 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr
IMG_2666 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr
IMG_2667 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr

Parts List
Head- Not Pictured but it’s a standard CW Commander Cody or Echo head
Helmet- CW 21 Commander Gree
Helmet Armor Add-on- ROTS AT-TE Gunner helmet add-on
Shoulder Armor- CW No.4 Captain Rex or any other Captain Rex figures
Chest/Body- CW Battle pack Hunt For Grievous Captain Rex
Forearms/Wrist- CW Deluxe Pack CW Snow Clone Trooper with Freeco Speeder
Thighs- CW Battle pack Hunt For Grievous Captain Rex
Legs- CW 12 Captain Rex Snow Gear
Mini Chain Gun- G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Duke Vs. Tombstone 2-pack Tombstone Figure

Description:
I had a lot of trouble with the creation of this figure especially removing the forearms from the Snow Clone Trooper. In the process, I broke one of the O-ring joints so I had to remove an O-ring from another fodder figure. I boiled and popped the forearms from the Snow Clone trooper and popped them back into the elbow joint for the Captain Rex body. The legs were also boiled and popped from the Snow Clone Trooper and popped back into the Captain Rex Body. And last but not least, simply put the AT-TE head armor onto the CW Gree figure and Clone Commander Levet was ready to go.
The Quinlan Vos legs and thigh will be used/saved to eventually create a CW style Dengar figure.

I saved the best for last, I was really pleased with how it turned out. I might add some small paint details to make it into a finished CW Style ARC Trooper Echo, but as it is currently, this figure would work for any customizer/collector as a cool CW style Clone trooper.

#5 CW Style ARC Trooper Echo (from the Bad Batch Arch onwards)
I got my inspiration from a person who designed their own interpretation of what CW Echo would look like with some prosthetic legs.

IMG_2668 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr
IMG_2669 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr
IMG_2672 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr
IMG_2670 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr

Parts List
Helmet- CW 2 Phase 2 Clone Trooper
Rangefinder- CW No. 4 Captain Rex
Shoulder Armor- TAC 30th Galactic Marine
Body/arms- CW 2 Phase 2 Clone Trooper
Wrists- CW No. 27 Kit Fisto (non-articulated)
Kama- CW 13 Phase 2 Captain Rex
Thighs/Legs HK-50 Legs
Backpack- TLC Greatest Hits GH 04 Star Wars Evo Trooper
Rifle- Star Wars the Black Series 3.75 inch Walmart Exclusive Captain Cassian Andor
Shield- CW 09 Mandalorian Police Officer

Description:
I had a spare rangefinder from previous customs that was already cut off and I super-glued it onto a CW phase 2 clone trooper helmet. I boiled and popped the body for the CW phase 2 Captain Rex to remove the Kama and I boiled and popped the body from the CW phase 2 Clone trooper to remove the ammo belt. I heated the figure and popped the groin area back with the Phase 2 Rex’s Kama. I simply popped the Hk-50 legs into the sockets. The wrists were from a CW Fisto that I had previously boiled and popped since the figure had been replaced by the new better face-sculpt and articulated Kit-Fisto. The backpack was pegged into the back and the shield was taken from a CW Mandalorian police officer. Again, with Walmart selling the Black series for $6, I decided to showcase this figure with Cassian’s rifle. The detail on these rifles really makes the figure stand out.
Hope you all like these figures, it was my first-time kit-bashing together some figures and for the most part, I really liked the way they turned out.

Here they all are together. To Tamer, this will be my fourth picture for my Mandalorian Rifleman Entry.
IMG_2673 by butterfingersbb, on Flickr

Offline noboomboomsoulbrother

• Cadet
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2017, 12:39:32 AM »
Here are my five entries for the No-Paint Custom contest. 

The first figure is the commanding officer of the mercenary commando team I created elsewhere.  He is basically Sergeant Bric.  I used the Pons Limbic head instead, and replaced his hands with Pre-Vizla's.  I then used the legs and waist from the Mandalorian warrior that came with the speeder bike, and glued Bric's boots onto them.  I added a large, removable thermal detonator from a Stormtrooper to his belt, and gave him one of Embo's daggers in a black paper sheath.  I also gave him the Arc Trooper Westar M5 rifle, modified with a power pack from a droid blaster.

The second figure is the team medic from that mercenary commando team.  I envisioned him as an old ex-Clone soldier.  The base figure is of the Pursuit of Cobra Recondo.  I kept his vest and glued a GI Joe Retaliation Trooper holster to it and stuck Captain Rex's Clone Wars pistol in it.  I then took the GI Joe Trooper's knife and sheath and glued it to the figure's thigh.  I took some old soldier fodder figure ammo pouches and glued them to his other thigh, and included a removable Clone Wars-era thermal detonator to it.  I took a Black Series Clone soldier's belt and glued it to the figure's waist, and glued the belt slot from a Sandtrooper to the back.  I then took the tab from the Sandtrooper thermal detonator and glued it to the Clone thermal detonator to make it that one also removable.  I replaced the forearms with the Clone Sergeant's, and then gave him the DC 15A rifle.  I actually prefer the look of the animated clone rifle to the realistic one.  I added a scene of him rescuing a civilian "hostage," complete with portable oxygen tank from the Han, Leia, and Chewbacca "space worm" three pack.

The third figure is the Trandoshan First Mate from my customized BMF ship.  The base figure is Hrchek Kal Fas with Pons Limbic arms.  The waist and legs are from a newer Gi Joe figure.  The head, lower legs, and forearms are all from the Vintage Bossk figure.  I don't remember where the belt is from, but the buckle and holster are from the animated Boba Fett figure.  The blaster is from Jango Fett, and the comlink is a lightsaber cut in half.

The fourth figure is a Wookiee bounty hunter.  I made his bowcaster from the Wookiee rifle that came with the Wookiee Warrior figure.  I kept its stock and grip, but added one of Chewbacca's standard bowcasters to serve as the barrel and receiver.  I glued a black piece of string to the round balls on either end of the "prongs."  I built him a belt out of fodder pieces, and added cut strips of Chewbacca's bandolier to his leg to serve as extra ammo.  I used IG-88's hand as a hook to hang Merimeru's Wookiee pistol on.  I made a short sword from the handle of a GI Joe sword (Snake Eyes', I think) and the blade is from the GI Joe figure, "Overkill."  The shin guards are from the Wookiee Warrior figure itself, and I made more articulated arms from the legs of another Wookiee figure.  Chewbacca, I think.  The sword sheath was made out of paper, black tape, and a spare pouch from an "Ultimate Soldiers" figure.

My fifth entry is a pirate.  The base figure is a Shahan Alama figure.  I replaced his left hand with a Clone soldier's, and have given him a  Marauder Gunrunner sawn off shotgun to jam in his "cummerbund."  I took the animated Boba Fett holster and attached it to the figure to serve as a sheath for his vibroblade.  I then added the more articulated legs of the animated Boba Fett figure and glued Jedi Knight Luke's boots to them, too.  Well, I think that's it for my parts lists!   

Soul brother too beaucoup...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2017, 03:43:34 AM »
Wow, those are great entries. I am liking them all! I will keep doing the one on a front page a day till I get them all featured. I have also created a Facebook Gallery that I update as soon as I see new ones here:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/imperialshipyards.net/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1356078491095713

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2017, 06:06:29 AM »
Here is my second entry for this contest...This is a custom No Paint Kit Bash REBEL TROOPER action figure.

Parts List:
Head- Kir Kanos figure
Upper Torso, Lower torso, Holster and legs- Luke Skywalker Yavin Ceremony figure
Arms- Juno Eclipse figure
Hands- General Cracken figure
Vest- Cassian Andor Black Series figure
Bandolier- Endor Trooper figure
Satchel- Cad Bane figure
Helmet- Rebel Vanguard Trooper figure
Blaster Pistol- Jyn Erso figure
Rifle- POTF2 Han Solo Bespin Figure

Assembly:
I boiled and popped apart all of the above listed figure parts from their figures and assembled them into this particular custom Rebel Trooper figure. I added the above listed accessories and this new custom no paint kit bash Rebel Trooper figure was completed.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:51:42 PM by I-am-Boba-Fett »

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2017, 06:08:22 AM »
Here is my third entry for this contest...This is a custom No Paint Kit Bash KYUZO ENFORCER action figure. This Kyuzo works for Jabba the Hutt as an enforcer in Mos Eisley. He helps to ensure that any and all debts are repaid to Jabba the Hutt.

Parts List:
Head- Embo figure
Upper Torso and Arms- Miyoom Oonith figure
Hands- Embo figure
Lower Torso, Holster, and legs- Bane Malar figure
Satchel- Cad Bane figure
Hat- Pirates of the Caribbean Tai Huang figure
Blaster Pistol- Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard figure

Assembly:
I boiled and popped apart all the above listed figure parts from their figures and assembled them into this particular custom Kyuzo Enforcer figure. Added the above listed accessories and this new custom no paint kit bash Kyuzo Enforcer figure was completed.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:49:10 PM by I-am-Boba-Fett »