Author Topic: Custom Hera Syndulla  (Read 7244 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Custom Hera Syndulla
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 08:10:11 AM »
After reading your process (thank you for sharing that) I can see why this is such a chore! Wow, you sure did set it up correctly though. Your new figures look to have perfect eyes.

I consider this every bit as artistic as someone who is painting great detailed eyes. Bravo sir. Off to share. I hope you will continue to share more figures that you use this process on.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 09:53:22 AM »
 Just from Princess Leia alone show the great potential this can have to enhancing a figure . I too think your on to something ! Keep practicing this technique . I look forward to seeing more !

Offline Finley002

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 10:17:01 AM »
Thanks you guys 😄

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2017, 07:31:53 PM »
Really like how Hera turned out!

Offline Finley002

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2017, 07:50:00 PM »
Thanks Starchaser. When I get this whole technique down, I will try to replace her eyes with more accurate "animated" eyes and I'll post a follow up pic.

Offline Finley002

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 12:13:28 PM »
   So here she is you guys. My completed Hera (minus any paint touch-ups that will be done at a later date...) in addition to the face decals, I have implemented ball-jointed shoulders and knees as well as swivel wrists. It was a frightening endeavor since I wasn't 100 percent confident on the outcome. So during the operation, I had the Hera figure in the Amazon cart ready to replace one of my daughters favorite figures. I simply didn't have the courage to attempt jointed elbows. I didn't have any joints small enough the retain the aesthetic nature of her tiny elbows. Even the smallest joints would have enlarged her elbow to "bulbous" proportions... so I'll hold off for now.
   I used the tiny knee joints from an extra Clone Wars Shaak Ti for the new shoulders. They were the perfect shade of brown that matches Hera's shoulder pads. I will have to eventually paint her "armpits" to maintain the shoulder pad look. I then used the elbow joints of an Xwing pilot for Hera's knees. For the installation of the joints I used the old hot-glue trick. Sturdy enough for joints of that size. The swivel wrists, however needed a little more ingenuity since the small space rendered the hot glue too "rubbery."
   The blaster is simply a down and dirty "peg & hole" setup. Not elegant in any sense, but it allows her to "holster" her gun and take it with her :)
   I'm not sure I made the right choice with the flight straps. Great idea on paper... looks good on the Xwing pilot figures, but on this "animated" figure it gives her pants a little too much of a "pantaloons" aesthetic (more so than they already have, I mean). I probably should have settled for painting the ones that were molded on the figure.
   And finally, for those of you who are getting tired of waiting for Hasbro to make a decent sized Ghost; Hera fits perfectly into the pilot seat of the Playskool version. My daughter and I have spent hours having Hera and crew making food deliveries to her Fisher Price barn and animal friends :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 03:08:16 PM by Finley002 »

Offline Finley002

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2017, 12:15:17 PM »
More pics;

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2017, 03:14:29 PM »
Great job but even better news about the ghost cuz i dont see Hasbro making one with their lack of Rebels products

Offline Finley002

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2017, 03:42:47 PM »
Great job but even better news about the ghost cuz i dont see Hasbro making one with their lack of Rebels products

So true 😢    And thanks for the compliment 😄

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2017, 03:37:07 AM »
Looks good to me. Off to share.

Offline Finley002

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2017, 01:50:12 PM »
Update: side straps sanded within an inch of their lives... should help alleviate the "pantaloons" effect.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 03:16:12 PM by Finley002 »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2017, 11:47:29 PM »
Hera turned out great. I think the straps were a good addition (especially with the extra attention). Really nice work articulating her. The info about the Ghost is good to know too.

Offline Finley002

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2017, 11:49:43 PM »
Hera turned out great. I think the straps were a good addition (especially with the extra attention). Really nice work articulating her. The info about the Ghost is good to know too.

Thanks Starchaser 😄

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2017, 02:31:50 AM »
Hera looks great, I can't wait to get her in 6" format.

Ron

Offline Finley002

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2017, 10:08:20 AM »
Hera looks great, I can't wait to get her in 6" format.

Ron

Thanks Ron. Yes, that 6" Hera looks like it's gonna be pretty sweet 😄