Author Topic: Rebel Cargo Carrier - scratch build - 25/12/2022  (Read 40954 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Repaint: Republic Attack Dropship - TCW 2012
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2018, 02:20:07 AM »
Are these custom vehicles you have made or more like reference posts? I might need to move this to a new section. Definitely a great resource for vehicles!

I am gonna assume its the former rather than the later unless you tell me otherwise. Off to share. Great thread.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 02:22:28 AM by Tamer »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2018, 02:57:44 AM »
@Tamer: Thanks for the frontpage! The Republic Fighter Tank is one of four vehicles I purchased on eBay in April. The Republic Attack Dropship is the first of them I shared pictures of on page 3. You can also find the details of the story there. It’s Reply #41.
I thought they’re worth sharing. I know the artist who applied the details and weathered them. I’m going to post the fifth vehicle from him tonight . And don’t worry, I’ll post more of my own customs, soon again.
Have a good week.

- Philipp

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2018, 02:11:19 PM »
Philipp - thanks for sharing these images. You did an excellent job showcasing the work of the artists in giving these toys more dimension and realism.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
@Starchaser: Thank you very much! I'm very happy about your feedback! The sun shines brightly at the moment and I use the daylight to take these pictures. Although I didn't paint and weather these vehicles myself, it is a lot of fun having and taking pictures of them. I'm selling the Dropship and the V-19, again. But I keep the other three ground vehicles. And I'm very much looking forward to building more dioramas for all these, soon!

Thank you, Starchaser! Your feedback is always appreciated. Have a good weekend!

- Philipp

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
wow
The guy who made the weatering is very talented.
The weathering on the V-19 is one of the best I've seen so far. It looks very realsitc.
The swamp speeder looks great too and I must say it looks better than mine. (thx for the advertisment btw  ;))
Thank you for sharing these awesome vehicles.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
@FialaFernbrugg: Christoph, it means a lot to receive such feedback from you! I will tell Jan. I'm sure he'll be happy about your kind words! So thank the maker! I think it's hard to compare art.
I still like your custom vehicles more because they're modified and not only weathered, but also done with dirt added for more realism! Plus your outdoor pictures cannot be beaten.

Cheers!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 08:08:06 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
And here comes the fifth and last repainted vehicle of this series...

Repaint: Corporate Alliance Tank Droid // NR-N99 Persuader-Class Unit

"The NR-N99 Persuader-class droid enforcer, colloquially known as the Corporate Alliance tank droid, CAD and the snail tank, was a tank droid constructed by the Corporate Alliance at first to silence its opposers and later to combat the Grand Army of the Republic."

"These are automated agents of evil!"
    - Plo Koon rallying clone troopers on Geonosis

Source: Wookiepedia.com
Follow the link below to find out more about this vehicle:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/NR-N99_Persuader-class_droid_enforcer/Legends

Series: The Clone Wars Collection (TCW)
Year: 2009

Before:

So let's get right into it and prepare for some pictures:

After:

So this tank was not repainted completely. It was just dry-brushed with metal cote email colors (iron/steel) by Revell, humbrol, Tamiya etc. and the visors were repainted in a dark metal shade and red (shiny).
I really like how the original brown shines through and makes it look like bronze, now. I think this another well done project. Makes me want to continue working on my 2nd version of the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid...
What do you think?

And here is the view from above on board of a Wookie Flyer during the battle of Kachiro on Kashyyyk*:

* Yes, these brave warriors got really close for this footage! Can you already see the diorama there, too?

Oh, and do you remeber the prototype I showed you as reference to my own custom of the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid? I finally decided to get it:

Follow this link to see the full review of it:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10461.msg206664#msg206664

And follow this link to see my first and own repaint of the NR-N99 Persuader-class Droid Enforcer on Page 1 of this topic:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10165.0

- Philipp
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 01:39:57 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Looks good to me. Off to share!

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
That clone tank is great! I like the weathering on it!!
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
@jkno: Thank you very much for your comment! Jan is reading and he is glad to read all the positive feedback his work receives! I tell you, he is a true artist in painting and graphic design!
He showed me some pics he took and edited - they look incredible. Maybe he'll share some of them on here, too!

- Philipp

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Now I got both customs at one place and finally took some pics of them next together!

Here are both Corporate Alliance Tank Droids - one from Jan and one from me:
Enjoy!

I like this sight! Jan's version is not a complete repaint like mine, but he made Hasbro's original product look excellent in an entire different way.
I also tried to paste some words in Aurebesh this time. I used the Aurebesh translator online, but my Microsoft Office 2007 programs translate it back into letters when I copy them...are they just too old and in need for an update, or how do you include Aurebesh in your pictures?

I also updated the entry of Jan's Swamp Speeder:

See the full footage on Page 3,Reply #43 after the jump: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10165.30

Have a good weekend everyone!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 01:59:19 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Wow, very nice. Off to share.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
WOW
You have created the ultimate NR-N99. Don't get me wrong Jan's NR-N looks really good but your masterpiece looks so much better.
The drybrushed paint job, the new weapons and the weathering looks super realistic.
The swamp mini dio is another wonderful creation and Jan did a great job on the Swamp Speeder.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
Tamer: Almost a year has passed by now, but now I got some more time to add to my open topics. Thanks for sharing by comparison shots back then, Shawn!

FialaFernbrugg: I was very pleased when I read your comment back then and it's always nice to come back here and read it, again! Well, I repainted the NR-N99 completely whereas Jan gave it a weathering with some scratches. I think it's hard to compare both to each other because both are two completely different projects/techniques. Thank you for the flowers, though. I'm glad you like them! I'm curious how good I can mess with my Swamp Speeder once I start repainting it.
Love that vehicle...

So it's time for an update now!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
So almost a year has passed by now and I actually wanted to share more content on this topic when I'm completely done with my latest project. You can still expect some work-in-progress pics though ;) And you can also help me decide which of the following vehicles you want me do first! Your support is always appreciated.

I started working on my second version of the NR-N99 Persuader-Class Tank Droid last year. This time around I aimed for the exact blue metallic color as seen in Revenge of the Sith and official reference images. The curb chain was painted a few weeks ago. I used humbrol 27004 to paint them.

NR-N99 Droid Enforcer

Droid Carrier

Ever since Episode I came out I found those droid transporters and carriers cool! I was six years old when TPM was released and my friends had the LEGO Naboo Fighter and the Droid Carrier. Some of the very first LEGO Star Wars sets that were ever released.
So since then LEGO have given us four Droid Carriers! And Hasbro? NONE!
At least we got the MTT as Large Transport in 2012. LEGO has released three MTTs so far...
That's why I'd like to build a Droid Carrier myself completely from scratch.

BARC Speeder

When I tidied up the basement today I found a box with vehicles I found on ebay at the beginning of the year. And I discovered that I have collected 6 BARC Speeders so far to modify and repaint.

AT-RT

The All-Terrain-Recon-Transport has been on my list for quite a while. The feet have been modified and I might cut off even more of the body.

Jawa Transport Crawler

So when I found this tank on ebay last week I immediately had to think of the Sandcrawler and some other smaller vehicles of the Jawas. LEGO have released quite a few "unofficial" vehicles and transporters for those little people. So for 15€ shipped I bought this tank and actually want to give it a crane arm.

What do you think? Could you imagine this tank as a vehicle of the Star Wars universe?

- Philipp
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 10:04:06 AM by Darth More »