Author Topic: Germany  (Read 84758 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Germany
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2018, 01:30:29 AM »
Store report: Toys "R" Us

Dresden, Germany

January - May 2018

Sorry, I haven't got around to share these pics before. For some reason I only get around to go to Toys "R" Us at the end of the month. When I went there at the end of April 2018, there were no TVC figures in East Germany, although a friend of mine sent me a picture of them hanging on pegs at TRU in West Germany...BUT last week when there was a 20% discount promotion for SOLO: A STAR WARS Story they were finally there...

April 28, 2018

Prices for the Wampa are crazy on the secondary market at the moment...but at least TRU got it and all the other SOLO merch. More comments later. But I ask myself: WHY IN THE WORLD DID HASBRO DECIDE TO REPACK BALA TIK & THE RATHTAR INSTEAD OF VADER & PROBE DROID?!?!?!?!?! Oh, you gotta be kidding me!?!?!  :o

Best regards and have a nice weekend!

- Philipp

« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 03:21:55 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2018, 10:27:38 AM »
It is interesting seeing what you have on your pegs. Which are more stocked than ours where I am right I will note.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2018, 01:32:24 AM »
Interessting update.
We have pretty much the same situation here in the alp rebublic.
You know something is wrong when a 50 cm figure and a 3 3/4" 5POA figure cost nearly the same.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2018, 07:58:26 AM »
You are so right on that wampa too. I just now found it after weeks of looking and then only because I happened to glance at the toy shop before going to work early one morning. I am anxious to get it in hand. I got that new force link Hoth Leia too. Your pegs are pretty well stocked.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2018, 02:22:07 PM »
@FialaFernbrugg: Very true! I was tempted to drive to TRU today, but I'm going to go there next Wednesday. Let's see what I find there...

@Tamer: Congratulations to the Wampa! I saw the prices on Amazon and eBay are insane for this set! It actually costs more than the 6" version of it...

Have a great weekend guys!

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2018, 06:12:12 AM »
I was seeing the same thing on that Wampa.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2018, 05:10:22 AM »
STILL ON EDIT

Dresden, Germany

August - December 2018

Thu, August 2, 2018

Well, time flies and I haven't been to Toys "R" Us since the end of April! Luckily nothing much has changed. But this time I took more pictures than ever before, so let's get right into the full review...

STAR WARS

Taking pictures of the entire Star Wars shelf was on top of my list for my next visit.
The big selection of items fascinated me as a kid already and Toys "R" Us still is THE ultimate toy store of my childhood - also because it's part of American culture for me and I'm sure for many others. Now, that Toys "R" Us closed down in the United States, it leaves a very bad feeling and going there this time was definitely different than it used to be...

A friend of mine from accross the country told me that they currently have older product on sale. Well, the SALE! tag is hard to oversee and can be found on items that just never sell, but also on some new ones:

There currently is a 20% discount on ALL LEGO products, too!

Hasbro

Well, this picture is one of my favorites. The ForceLink was 34,99€ last time. By now it dropped to 29,98€. But my favorite detail is the lightsaber! (I'll get to these Rathars in just a bit, don't worry...) This is one example for Hasbro's bad product policy. I know cosplay especially lightsabers are one of the strongest selling products of their assortment, but they re-lease one and the same item over and over and over, again! So retailers are forced to put them on sale for exactly the same item just sold in different packaging! At this point also licensor Disney is to blame for releasing a new movie at least once a year...

This is ironic and TRU thinks to think the same because they only give a little discount here:
Darth Vader's Bladebuilders lightsaber on the left sells for 27,99€ wheras the "old" TFA version does for 24,97€.

The regular price of TLJ's basic figure assortment dropped by a buck from 12,99€ to 11,99€. Now, the new SOLO assortment tries its best to sell for 12,99€ each. Its the same 5POA with the same weak ST characters, just in different packaging - this got to be good!

Still, even main characters don't sell at that price - pegs stay full.

This time I took a closer look at these 5POA figures, though. And I have to admit, the sculpts are pretty well done on some of them! But they still lack of articulation and accessories...such a shame. I wish the Emperor came at least with his force lighting or his old walking stick...but I guess you have to buy the TARGET exclusive 3-Pack to get that.

The SOLO 2-Packs have arrived, too, and the two with Boba and Maul are actually quite nice.One change compared to my last visit in April: The TLJ Emperor's Throne Room 3-Pack for 29,99€ was gone. And it wouldn't suprise me if it also sold only with massive discounts...20 bucks maybe? I might find out later...

34,99€ - 24,97€ - 20,-€...well, they almost got me here, but sorry - I still pass!

Vehicle & Creature Asst.

Hmm...all Wampa & Luke Sykwalker Sets are gone already...hmm, thats's strange I thought these Rathar's would sell right through...they are so hot! These were all Rathtars in TLJ packaging if you wonder. They sell for 24,99€ - and people go crazy for them here, so better get them now!  ;)

The same day on Amazon.com

The Wampa and Enfys Nest sold very well on the other hand! And they did so for 27,99€. Only two units of Enfys Nest were left.

TLJ vehicles pile up - 3-6 of each! I just LOVE the Sequels...what a waist of resources they are...

Not even the A-Wing sold...3 units here for 31,99€ each. I wonder for how long with that cool NERF feature...

And what is this supposed to be? I mean Star Wars and police is a nice idea basically, but...this is how it's meant to be?

The Black Series - 6 inch

The SOLO Wave arrived with Solo, Lando and Mimban Trooper...retail price: 27,99€. The excluive Ben Kenobi Force Ghost sells for 29,99€ of course.

Back in April there were 4 of these 4-Packs left. Well, one has sold since then I guess. The retail price started at 129,99€ - 99,99€ - 79,99€ - and now it's on sale for a sad 50€...for such a great set. Hasbro gives so much love to their 6 inch line, but I think the reception by the customers is not as good as it deserves to be.

Can you imagine that they retailed for 89,99€ when they came out? Now, they're almost half price and still don't sell. Although they look great!

The Vintage Collection

Here the regular price dropped, too! They started at 22,99€ - now they're 19,99€ - still a nightmare.

4 figures of wave one are left. And I'm both surprised and happy the others did sell! Talking about Kylo and Snape...I mean Snoke! FO Stormtrooper, 2x TFA Rey (Jakku Outfit) and Jyn Erso were left today.

Miscellaneous

Oh, Porgs!! They doubled themselves since last time I was here.

And even more on discount...sad, sad...

JAKKS Pacific Figures are on discount for quite a while now and they still don't sell...

I think this Vader is 1/2 scale and he is even taller with his arm up holding his lightsaber!

But hey, Jyn is gone, now! She must've sold eventually!!

LEGO STAR WARS

The A-Wing was sold out...MRSP: 49,99€ -20% temporary discount: 40€

MARVEL:

Other Cool Action Toys

MRSP: 49,99€ - for such a beast of a toy! 50 bucks and you're king and have the biggest toy of the line! If only...

Toys "R" Us shop window

This Toys "R" Us store is in a shopping mall. That's why it has got a shop window. And this store is the only TRU I know having one.

At the moment they decorated it with an enitre city from SIKU cars. SIKU is a German brand similar to Mattel's Matchbox or HotWheels:

Pet Shop

These little friends are so vivid and definitely brightened up my day even more!  0/

So I hope you enjoyed my store report! Happy hunting everyone!

- Philipp

STILL ON EDIT
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 10:58:50 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2018, 06:16:02 AM »
I liked that pet shop report. Looks like you have some full pegs and shelves.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2018, 10:29:52 AM »
And this is what I found:

I couldn't pass on them for 50...the friend of mine from accross the country even got this set for another 20% off because he kindly asked for it! So he got it for 40€! I'm just fine having paid 50 because I know TRU need every single penny right now - I hope they'll last here at least...

Again, this 4-Pack started at 129,99€ when it hit shelves last year...

75205 Mos Eisley Cantina - Toys "R" Us Exclusive - MRSP: 49,99€ (which is just too much...) - 20% - so I got it for 40€.

75208 Yoda's Hut - MRSP: 29,99€ - they dropped it to a regular price of 24,99€ -20% discount = 20€ - Can't get it any cheaper! Even not on Amazon and if the price is the same on Amazon, I still prefer spending my money at TRU to support them. Mr Bezos got enough money already...

I still wonder why LEGO doesn't include the number of pieces on the packaging here...it's just not there. I'll wirte and ask them.

So I hope you enjoyed my store report! Happy hunting everyone!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 03:18:58 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2018, 04:56:13 AM »
Good stuff. So wish hasbro would do some of what Lego does.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2018, 02:14:47 AM »
Another interesting and detailed store report.
The prices for 5POA figures and battle packs is still to high.
Amazon has much better deals at the moment.
Great to see the UCS Falcon at TRU. It is the typiclal LEGO strategy. First the sell it only in Lego stores and after a while the flood the market with their "exclusive" sets.
Oh and btw, TRU should have a look at those Porgs. These things multiply wildly  ;).

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2018, 12:36:06 PM »
@Tamer: I agree! LEGO does many things very well! Certainly not everything if you're much into LEGO, but the fact that they release a good variety of sets of every era/theme/episode/setting in each of their waves probably contributes to their constant success! We can only hope, Hasbro will get the clue at some point, too! I just watch all the LEGO collectors be happy and let the LEGO sets inspire me for my own diorama and playset projects.

@FialaFernbrugg: Thank you! I took 50 pictures on my "hunt" - that's more than ever before! And I finally took a picture of the entire STAR WARS shelf! Next time I definitely have to take a picture from outside the store within the mall. A picture of the LEGO shelf would also be nice.
And I agree, but no more words should be wasted on 5POA stuff...let's hope Hasbro will figure something out and finally abandon these non-sellers and terrible peg warmers...
Yes, Amazon is so huge that they can even make other retailers adapt to their prices, which is pretty concerning. Amazon has gained an unhealthy power over the last years...Mr Bezos plays Monopoly very well - speaking of quantities and prices...I still order quite a bit on Amazon, too, but I rather support local stores and retailers.

Thank you for your feedback! It's always most appreciated! Have a great weekend!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:43:24 PM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2018, 10:22:39 AM »

Dresden, Germany

August - December 2018

Fri, September 21, 2018

This morning I looked at TRU's listings online and finally saw that the latest TBS6 wave was added to their online store. So I decided to visit my local Toys "R" Us today to see if at least one case  arrived there, too.

Han Solo (Bespin) is currently unvailable online. I think Tarkin will have sold out by now, too...Amazon.de on the other hand offers him for 24,99€ with solid stock.

I was also looking for these "LEGO Bricktober Sets":

Especially for the Harry Potter one...

This was a special promotion: You got these excluive and limited minifigure sets as a bonus with a purchase of 30€+.

This time I went there by bus and really enjoyed the 40 minute ride reading in my histology book *yikes*

And this is what I found when I got there:

(Of course the LEGO bricktober sets were long gone...)

STAR WARS

Nothing's changed here...even Darth Sidious was hanging EXACTLY where I left him in August...pure coincidence.

Oh, on SALE down there...

The Force Link was reduced to 20€

Same with the TLJ 2-Packs: They went on sale for 20 bucks (from 24,99€), two different sets to choose from:

People struggle to get rid of these 2-Packs from Rogue One on eBay even for 10€...sad, but true. They were dumped by some major dealer here in Germany for very cheap and many people jumped on that boat thinking they could flip 5€ into 10€ within a blink...

And here's The Vintage Collection:

...Wave 1

But hey, there was not only one, but TWO Rebel Soldiers hanging on the peg!

Don't worry, I left them there...

And besides the two units of the by far most awesome figure of this wave, there were also:

1x First Order Stormtrooper
2x Rey (Jakku)
1x Jyn Erso

- They've been rotting there for months now...good choice Hasbro! Congratulations!  bbfet

The Black Series - 6 Inch

Well, the new wave hit shelves, indeed:

Han, Qi’ra and Tobias were there, but Tarkin and the Rebel Fleet Trooper were gone already...  :'(

Oh, look at this: All squids are finally given the boot...for 10 bucks and that's still too much...

And these shelves empty out, too...slowly, but steady:

The A-Wing and the Police Speeder were at 31,99€ last time - dropped to 25€ by now. Also this Crait Speeder thing is 20€ - half price!

Some other vehicles, JAKKS figures, remote control stuff  and the Guardians of Evil Set sold out since last time - clearance complete for those items.

And the epic LEGO isle...I mean look at this Hasbro! What a selection of awesome sets...and this was not all (see above post from August):

And today's special are...HOT WHEELS!!!

I never knew they had such a big selection of licensed stuff...

And this is what I got today for 3,99€ each:

These are actually the very first blind bags I got from LEGO. I bought the complete 1st series of the Simpsons series in August - loose from a collector on eBay. So now I got both protagonists of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts and where to find them...what a lucky strike! That was a fun trip!

I was also hoping to find TVC Wave 2. A friend of mine found a Death Trooper in his local TRU in the west (Düsseldorf) on Wednesday. The store here in Dresden might have it, too, but they won't hang it out as long as the peg is full with wave 1 figures...

I also hope that TRU Germany will get the TVC Imperial Combat Assault Tank, the TIE Fighter (SOLO & TVC) and TBS6 Zuckuss down the road...I might ask their consumer service, again. They added The Vintage Collection Wave 1 to their online store right after I asked them...pure coincidence, again!?

Have a great weekend everyone & happy hunting!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 11:56:00 PM by Darth More »

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2018, 01:10:44 AM »
Nice update.
I'm always in danger of getting a heart-attack when I see the price tag above the vintage figures. 19,99€ is really a slap in the face.
Too bad that the bricktober sets were already gone.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2018, 02:51:48 AM »
Thank you! That’s excellently said! That’s also one reason why I left them there although the cards and blisters were in quite good condition! I just refuse to pay so much for a single 3.75” action figure - unless it’s Doctor Aphra and her Droids... ;)
The second reason is: I got enough Rebel Troopers already: two loose and four carded. Just let me know if you want one.
Collectors’ codex: if you see two or more highly sought after figures on the pegs, take one and leave the others for the next collector.

Let’s see when waves 2 & 3 hit Europe...

Oh by the way these Bricktober Sets sell for 30 to 90€ on ebay now...

- Philipp
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:59:11 AM by Darth More »