Author Topic: Rebels, pirates, imperials and citizens.  (Read 108534 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
General Veers. Upgrade.
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2016, 08:03:17 PM »
    General Veers is one of my favorite Imperials, and I wasn't satisfied with the saga figure. I used the TVC AT-AT  Commander figure as a base, if i were to do it again id use the needa figure, but I like the lighter uniform personally, it matches the rest of the armored uniforms. I used the Chancellor vallorum head, as it's a better likeness of Veers. I made a custom rank plaque out of miliput, that was a real pain. Ive tried making plaques using decals, styrene, nothing seemed to work, but this is good enough. After that i just gave his goggles a smoke clear coat, and thats it really. [at1]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 09:02:44 PM by JDeck »

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Re: Rebels, pirates and imperials
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2016, 07:12:05 AM »
Great work ! You did a really good job matching the face sometimes its a lot of viewing of other figures to get it right , lol i know  . Im not sure  if there was a sculpt/ figure of Julian Glover for his character of Walter Donovan from Indiana Jones and the last crusade but that could be a nice upgrade too.  Any way great job !

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2016, 09:02:34 AM »
Great work ! You did a really good job matching the face sometimes its a lot of viewing of other figures to get it right , lol i know  . Im not sure  if there was a sculpt/ figure of Julian Glover for his character of Walter Donovan from Indiana Jones and the last crusade but that could be a nice upgrade too.  Any way great job !
  Thanks Mr.Jedi! I've been planning to do this for quite a while, I just didn't want to use my one and only AT commander, they're hard to come by.  I tried looking for a Donovan figure, but I'm sertain it doesn't exist.  The vallorum face is a little old, but not too bad. Painting the hair helps, but he's obviously using just for men. But the Vallorum head would work great for a custom Donovan figure.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 09:12:50 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2016, 02:59:28 AM »
That Veers looks great. I am behind two days on internet stuff as it went down all weekend, but I had to get this one on the front page today.

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2016, 03:54:28 AM »
I concur, Valorum is a nice choice!  A Donovan figure would have been cool to get in the Indiana Jones line.  Too bad.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2016, 03:42:44 PM »
That Veers looks great. I am behind two days on internet stuff as it went down all weekend, but I had to get this one on the front page today.
Thanks Tamer! Yup gotta love technology.
I concur, Valorum is a nice choice!  A Donovan figure would have been cool to get in the Indiana Jones line.  Too bad.
   Thanks Jaeger! Yeah it just seems strange they didn't make a Donovan figure, they made all the other main characters, well exept for Marcus Brody,  they should have made him too.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 04:24:20 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Admiral Ozzel upgrade.
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2016, 03:47:14 PM »
 Now who doesn't love Admiral Ozzel,  well besides Vader. The Saga Ozzel had a great headsculpt, but the body wasn't quite up to snuff. So I decided to make a super articulated Admiral Ozzel. I used the TVC Capt. Needa as a base. I reused the Ozzel rank plaque as well as the code cylinders. Thats the one reason to like the soft plastic Hasbro uses, it cuts very easily. The head isn't a direct swap, so I used the hot glue Vaseline trick. Thats it! An SA Ozzel. It would be cool if Hasbro did some simple kitbashes to upgrade POTF2-SAGA lines. sn1
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 05:48:42 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2016, 09:16:37 PM »
Great job on Veers and Ozzel! The use of Valorum's head was a fantastic idea. Needa's body makes a great officer's body - I just wish they weren't so expensive on the secondary market.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2016, 03:01:17 AM »
Ozzel looks great too. Off to share. I sure wish they would put that body back out in the WM Black Series Line. Just when Hasbro gets a body type right and you hope they put other heads and accessories on it they go decide 5poa is the way to go!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2016, 03:45:31 AM »
Great job on Veers and Ozzel! The use of Valorum's head was a fantastic idea. Needa's body makes a great officer's body - I just wish they weren't so expensive on the secondary market.
  Thanks Starchaser! I was able to find a cheap Capt. Needa on ebay. It was listed as a Jerjerrod. The reason for the confusion was needa uses the TAC DS trooper legs, so it has a 2006 stamp. And Jerjerrod isnt a very desirable figure. Sometimes its great that sellers don't know what they have.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 03:47:08 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2016, 03:49:39 AM »
Ozzel looks great too. Off to share. I sure wish they would put that body back out in the WM Black Series Line. Just when Hasbro gets a body type right and you hope they put other heads and accessories on it they go decide 5poa is the way to go!
   Im hoping Hasbro makes a Krennic figure using the Needa sculpt. We dont have many SA officers with white uniforms besides the Admiral Thrawn, and he's getting hard to find.

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2016, 08:10:17 AM »
JDeck, nice job on the two imperial officers, totally agree on if Hasbro did some simple kitbashes to upgrade POTF2-SAGA lines

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2016, 01:29:50 PM »
JDeck, nice job on the two imperial officers, totally agree on if Hasbro did some simple kitbashes to upgrade POTF2-SAGA lines
    Thanks Foxtrot! We are in desperate need of a Captain/Admiral Piett. He's the only officer that was in more than one movie. Potf2 version looks like a cartoon by today's standards. Also I'd like Hasbro to remake the generic POTJ-TAC "Imperial officer". They could use the Legacy "Scanning crew" figure, just paint it black , put some silver imperial decals on it. And a Death Star Gunner, or a low ranking navy trooper would be just one step away.  So Hasbro could virtually make 3 different figures by changing hats/helmets.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:23:18 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
G.I.JOE Outback.
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2017, 06:33:47 PM »
   I started getting back into GI JOE, after 25 years or so. I am amazed at the quality of the 50th anniversary figures, however some of them need customizing.
   I made this Outback figure because the 50th was way too big and his shirt was blue instead of white. I always vision him as average sized, not like Leatherneck or Bazooka.
    I remedied these issues simply by using the 50th Shipwreck figure. First I swapped arms with a Dusty figure becase of Shipwreck's tattoo. Then I painted over the "NAVY" lettering on the shirt, I ended up painting the whole shirt light tan for a more modern military look. Then I applied the "Survival" decal I got from Bad Mother customs. Of course I used the 50th Outback head, and gave his hair and beard a black wash, because the original orange was too bright and unrealistic, (see botom promo picture). Im going to add accessories once the paint cures fully. I might even build a little forest dio.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:17:29 PM by JDeck »

Offline Stan

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2017, 09:41:28 PM »
Looking good on the officer, the pain is get all the it uniforms to match, what a dream