Author Topic: Quick fix. Upgrading Marvel Universe figures hip articulation.  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
Hey Yarders
It's been a while since I posted anything.  I'm in the process of moving and all my stuff is boxed up until I'm settled. 

Yesterday, I found the Marvel Universe Beta Ray Bill wave at Five Below for of course $5 each.  I grabbed a few fodder pieces including a pair of Valkyrie figures.  I love the SheHulk sculpt, it shares the same design flaw as the X-23 sculpt.  The ball peg hips lack a good range of motion.

That's a bit limited.

I'm always looking to improve posing, so here's my quick fix.

Pop off the leg at the hip and cut a slit in the peg hole joint that's just wide enough to accommodate the neck of the peg.  Then pop it back in.

This is what she's capable of now.

That's the best I can manage for a bit.  I have a few finished pieces and a bunch of WIPs in boxes (including Rocket and Groot), so it'll be a while before I can break them out.

Thanks Guys

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:14:21 PM by Sjefke »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Quick fix. Upgrading Marvel Universe figures hip articulation.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 03:08:09 AM »
Wow, what a difference. Oh yes I gotta go share this. Thanks Sjefke!

Offline Forceflow

• Ensign
  • Droid, please!
    • Forceflow's Special Modifications
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 06:15:04 PM »
That pose really sells it. A shame Hasbro doesn't even go near the Marvel articulation on Star Wars ball joints. I wish those were as easy to mod.

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 03:26:10 AM »
Great work, buddy! That upgrade adds a lot of dynamism to the figure. Best of luck with the move. Just completed one myself, so I know how stressful they can be.