Author Topic: The Force Awakens Diorama Challenge!  (Read 8377 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
The Force Awakens Diorama Challenge!
« on: April 06, 2016, 02:58:20 AM »

I just got that in the mail yesterday and thought, hey we can run a contest to support this! All you have to do is create a The Force Awakens Diorama! I will work out the particulars this morning, but I know a lot of you might not be involved in social channels or twitter, facebook, etc. so I can do all that posting for you and try to get you into Hasbro's Booth at San-Diego Comic Con! All contest entrants will have their photo (first one you post is the one I will use) submitted to the appropriate channels for possible inclusion into Hasbro's Booth at SDCC.

#StarWars

#HasbroToyPic

are the tags you can place on your The Force Awakens Diorama and the description in the image above pretty shares exactly what you need to do.

I will place prizes for at least first through third (perhaps even an honorable mention or two) which will be decided upon by a forum vote (poll) once the contest wraps up. I am thinking two months for this ought to be good so we will run if from now till the May 3rd (I need time to get your images hashtaged to Hasbro), but get to building!

If you need any clarification on Hasbro's Scene Creation directions email or pm my way and I will be sure to ask the fine folks at Hasbro, but it seems pretty straight up to me!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 03:01:23 AM by Tamer »

Offline TheClosetjedi

• Ensign
  • 3d printing Rules!
Re: The Force Awakens Diorama Challenge!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 02:58:33 PM »
Has any one submitted anything yet?

Offline Rezikai

• Lieutenant
  • Drawing Star Wars comics since 1986!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 01:30:22 AM »

I probably will do something small and amature-ish... so i can get a pic in. Probably will have it up on Sunday for big H.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 03:09:19 AM »

I haven't seen anything yet and am wondering if folks are gonna get into this. Remember folks you have to post it here in order to be entered into the forum member voted drawing I will do for the prizes I am donating.

You have from now till next Tuesday to get cracking and remember it is basically just setting up your The Force Awakens Stuff in some kind of scene!

Also, I will make sure all entrants here have their photos sent to social channels listed for possible entrance into Hasbro's SDCC Booth as I know some may not be members of Twitter, etc.!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 03:14:06 AM by Tamer »

Offline jon_k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 09:08:24 PM »
Damn was hoping to give this a shot, but we just picked up and moved cities, bought a new house, and I've been building a new workshop/office, but I don't think I'll be ready to hit the ground in time. Not for lack of interest, though! Looking forward to throwing my hat into the next contest though, hopefully!

Offline Rezikai

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 03:05:50 PM »
So I decided to keep this hear and one other site it's and old vintage Daigobah playset I had some trunk looking pencils and some Takodana backdrops with some crafters paint/moss.

I liked the front on image for the lighting effect but I wasn't happy with it, also the angle wasn't accurate with the scene from TFA.

I turned the camera around and I liked it better

Added some darker effects to it to get a closer look to the film... not exactly the pose since Rey is squatting in the scene and the Blackseries figure can't exactly get into a pose like that. But after an afternoon of backdrops on cardstock falling over I decided to leave it be.

Anyways I really wish Rey get get into a squat like the scene but I can forgive it since the Blackseries is a pretty decent figure overall.

Rez

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 02:48:52 AM »
Rezikai that is sweet! Wow, I am definitely gonna go share this as a contest reminder today.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 07:35:48 PM »
Really well done ! I like it !

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 02:47:48 AM »
Rezakai I am sure you did this yourself, but I did submit these images to the official hashtags so you could see your wonderful work showcased in Hasbro's Booth this SDCC.

Also, you are going to be mailed a prize pack as our sole entrant. If you could pm or email me your name and mailing address I will try to get this sorted quickly. Congratulations. Your diorama is fantastic!

I have to admit Yarders, this challenge got me a little bummed, just one entry?

Offline OC47150

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 03:42:47 PM »
Great job there, Rezikai. That's better than anything I thought up.

Offline Rezikai

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 02:42:38 PM »
Great job there, Rezikai. That's better than anything I thought up.

Thanks OC! The recent Hasbro pulse challenge has started my dio and custom juices flowing again... last time I was inspired was 1996 and wound up making a 3.75 scale Exectuor bridge out of polystyrene and foam board. So i guess 20 years later its time to start again lol.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 02:29:12 AM »
Wow, now thats what I call inspired!