Author Topic: RCWCreations diorama's: Takodana's Forest encounter  (Read 37730 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Panther's diorama's
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 07:36:17 PM »
Its looking fantastic!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2016, 01:38:14 AM »
Wow, that is really nice. More comments on the front pages.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 01:02:22 PM »
I managed to get half an hour today to disappear while being the dutiful husband on Mother's Day (breakfast, lunch and a roast lamb dinner  DH).  With all the pieces dry I put them all in place to see how it would all fit together, locations of LED's above Han, working out the cable runs for all the wires. 

I am also starting to work on the control panel for the carbonite slab, I'll be adding a couple of fibre optic lights.  After that, it needs painting and adding the kibble around slab.

I couldn't resist having Boba Fett gloating in front of Han.  bbfet

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 03:30:06 AM »
Oh yeah, that is looking good. Off to share.

Offline TheClosetjedi

• Ensign
  • 3d printing Rules!
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 09:05:30 PM »
After a couple of years off from my last post on this site.  I decided it was about time I picked up my trusty knife and start building again!
I know that this is a Star Wars site but I am a collector of a lot of science fiction stuff (much to bane of my loving wife!).  I couldn't resist with starting with a set from the classic Star Trek.  With being red & green colour blind, I've relied heavily on decal's, for this set and my first project on this site, My Death Star Diorama.  I wanted to try and make them as show accurate possible and didn't want to use the wrong colours.

My next project is bringing me back to Star Wars and I'm taking myself out of my decal comfort zone.

I love Star Trek. and this engine room diorama is spot on.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 10:50:57 AM »
Latest update!

I've "fitted" the control panel with fibre optics and finally gave it its first coat of paint on the grills and the surroundings .  I propped up the carbonite slab, just to get idea of how it will look.  Once it's dry, I think another coat of paint will be added, the wire for the control panel and the surrounding grebble. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 05:10:14 AM »
Wow, that is really looking so movie accurate. You have to have a smile on your face as you are working on this now. Back to share this.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2016, 05:55:13 AM »
Thanks Tamer for the kind words, building this has brought me great joy and it is with great pleasure that I announce to you, it is now completed!  I have added the final touches and I hope you like it.

I couldn't resist playing out the moment when Leia releases Han from Carbonite.

Please enjoy!

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2016, 06:00:07 AM »
Here are a couple of more pictures to finish off the scene and a screenshot from the movie that inspired me.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2016, 06:03:56 AM »
I couldn't resist!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 06:08:52 AM by Panther »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2016, 03:09:49 AM »
It sure does look fun. Great work. Off to share.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2016, 02:32:07 PM »
I've been playing a lot of The Old Republic and been acquiring a few of the figures and wanted to make a diorama based on that period.  I fancied designing a Sith temple  vadsab but keeping it to a scale that doesn't upset my wife to much lol and she thought she got her dining table back after I completed my last diorama!

Sith Temple's have been touched upon within KOTOR, Jedi Knight saga and the Dark House Star Wars comics, they are normally grand, enormous structures.  To which, in keeping to my comment above I am trying to keep to a minimal size.

I'm using black foam board for the main temple structure, hoping to give it a dark, ominous feel to it, while the base will be done with white foam board.  After my last set and the use of modroc, seeing how that worked rather well.  I am thinking of giving the base a layer of modroc, to give a stone texture.  I am thinking of building out and making it a little bit more angular in hopes to giving it a more traditional pyramid look to it.

I welcome any inspirational ideas anyone might have.

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2016, 02:40:48 PM »
I've bee working on the base the this evening.  The more I look at this, the more I feel that I will modroc the base to give it texture, an overall pyramid structure with either a corridor or a chamber.  The next question I have, after my last success with LED's and fibre's, do I fancy lighting this one too?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2016, 02:20:45 AM »
Wow, that looks great. Off to share.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2016, 06:12:56 PM »
Hello, I am playing catch up here, very nice work on your dioramas! I too am a big fan of Jabba's Palace so I love the Alcove. The lighting always completes a diorama and I hope to add led wiring to my skill set soon. The Temple is looking very cool! I like the design and shapes you are using. Keep up the great work!