Author Topic: Shrike (modified Firespray transport)  (Read 12603 times)

Offline Unreality

• Cadet
    • Rebel Scale
Shrike (modified Firespray transport)
« on: February 23, 2016, 07:09:31 AM »
This is a kit-bash of the Fine Molds 1/72 Slave I into another bounty hunter ship I call the Shrike. It features lights, a crew, unique engine array, and a lot of greeblies all over the ship. Micro Machine fans will recognize a repainted Nien Nunb. Enjoy!

Kessalyn Cole and Niir Nachter, the pilot and co-pilot

Wing lights

Engine lights in yellow/green LEDs

Cockpit with a fiber mounted below a clear part to make the whole thing look illuminated

Finally, I added some push-button activated search-lights. The look nice and give it a cool appearance.

As always, there are more photos on my website. Enjoy!!!

And for your reading pleasure, here's the backstory I wrote:
Firespray-47 planetary defense craft (modified)

Kessalyn Cole - Mandalorian pilot, mercenary

Niir Nachter - Sullustan co-pilot, technology expert

Kess’s notorious personal transport, Shrike, had a more humble origin as one of several KSE prototype ships. An offshoot of the Firespray-31, the new 47 version was designed a quick response and planetary defense craft, needing only a short startup time and no hull rotation. Firespray-47’s would perch on landing platforms with part of the nose hanging off the edge and landing gear connected to a central power supply. This connection powered the cannons giving pilots an extra edge during takeoff.

Kess “acquired” the ship somewhat accidentally when she rather angrily broke away from a former employer. Marooned on a prison world, she made quick friends with a Sullustan slicer and security expert, Nirr Nachter after his escape antics opened a hole in the prison wall. Niir had constructed a makeshift controller for 3 Firespray-47’s docked at the prison. After ejecting the engine on one ship, Niir managed to crash the other into the prison barricade, opening his cell and nearly all others. His foolish tenacity impressed Kess, and she decided to abscond with him and the remaining undamaged Firespray-47, only after threatening a gruesome death at the hands of the injured inmates left behind in the explosion.

With a new, tenuous partnership, Kessalyn found she actually enjoyed the company of little bug-eyed gear-head. Kess and Niir took great lengths to modify the newly-ordained Shrike with better thrusters for maneuverability, hidden missile launchers, and a triple-barreled rear blaster turret that Niir could remotely control. Being distrustful of anyone but Niir, Kess ripped out additional crew quarters, making room for basic prisoner cells and added cargo storage. Finally, Kess allocated space for a weapons training room, something that Niir later regretted when he drunkenly consented to train with a Mandalorian woman.

Several hundred bruises later, Niir, Kess, and the Shrike became an inseparable trio, noted for their precision, discretion, and loyalty to clients...so long as said clients didn’t lie, cheat, or hold back on payment, at which time Kess would take great joy in decimating everything in sight.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Shrike (modified Firespray transport)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 06:07:16 PM »
Awesome work again! I've been checking in on your progress from time to time on your website. It turned out great.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 02:05:24 AM »
Wow, now this is one awesome build inside and out. Off to share.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 11:06:39 PM »
That looks amazing!!!  :o

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 10:20:27 PM »
Okay that is a really cool ship design! Wonderful execution, the final product looks amazing.