Author Topic: BOSS Fight Studios Vitruvian HACKS Project  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:08:15 AM by Tamer »

Offline Rezikai

• Lieutenant
  • Drawing Star Wars comics since 1986!
Re: BOSS Fight Studios Vitruvian HACKS Project
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 01:55:11 PM »
Nice,.. they remind me of the Kaiydo Revoltech figures with lots of articulation and ball joints... take my own Echidna for example.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 03:30:06 PM by Rezikai »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 04:54:05 AM »
I hope it means we get a new action figure provider.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 05:08:54 AM »
I'm glad to see these folks getting it right.  I learned about their Kickstarter back around XMas and backed them then and there.  The quality is astounding and their communication is fantastic: they are constantly updating their supporters about their progress. 

The figures they are producing are pricy, for sure, but those willing to support them now will benefit later as they become more able to produce higher numbers (and lower their prices).  I very much hope they succeed; we need a quality designer/producer in the 3.75" figure range.   Hasbro used to be somewhat innovative, but they lost that edge a long time ago. 

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 06:49:23 AM »
They have raised over a hundred thousand dollars for this (close to two actually) and I am so hoping this leads to bigger and better things for them. I don't see how it couldn't!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 03:48:07 PM »
I like these. I too support a new venue, it's much needed.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 05:04:48 PM »
I can only hope these folks could ever receive a SW license. These folks could work wonders on a line that much needs them.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 05:59:38 PM »
I can only hope these folks could ever receive a SW license. These folks could work wonders on a line that much needs them.

This.  Wishful thinking, but that is what has gotten collectors through the 'dark times' lately...

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 09:55:29 PM »
I appericiate what they are doing but honestly i think the blank figures will sale better than the greek line.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 04:36:18 AM »
I appericiate what they are doing but honestly i think the blank figures will sale better than the greek line.

Once those blank figs drop in price---they're $115 or $120 for a set of 4 male and 2 female figures right now---I'm sure they will.  

The Greek mythology figures are only one of a number of sets they've come up with and intend to produce.  They designed the Marauders Gunrunners Sci-Fi line, so this is another taste of the style of figures that will be coming down the pipeline.  (These are amazing; I'd love to see some type of figure line like these made available in the future.)

See here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1732159183/marauder-task-force-gaming-figures

Offline My kind of scum

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 07:28:37 AM »

Actually, Boss Fight has been doing a lot of the sculpting for Hasbro, including many of the Black Series figures.  They designed the new 3.75" Yoda before Hasbro removed much of his articulation...   

I'm supporting this kickstarter pretty heavily - need some great custom parts.  ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 07:29:08 AM »
Yeah, I know they have already done some design work for Hasbro, but with Hasbro's outsourcing I bet we are scarcely getting any of their original sculpts and those we do the loss of detail is just atrocious from those guys look like they are producing. I just wonder if their quality control, should Disney consider giving them a shot, would be better than Hasbros. BFS  is going to use Chinese factories to produce these figures too. Nothing against Chinese factories, but if they are the same ones Hasbro is using now we would be doomed with them too.

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 05:45:28 AM »
I'm supporting this kick starter as well. Can't wait to see what other lines they come out with. More than anything though, if live a variety of blank figures, thin muscular , pudgy. Maybe that's hoping for too much, but there is definitely market for it, if priced well
“Once you've got a task to do, it's better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers