Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Star Wars Movies

How do I explain that the prequels are good?

<< < (4/5) > >>

Tamer:
Of course as much as we are putting in our very detailed thoughts and opinions in here. We sure have seen em more than once haven't we! ::)

Hand So Low:
There are some decent fan edits out there if you want to watch the prequels with out all the stuff we all complain about.  Check out fanedit.org.

Servo brings up a very good point, I love being immersed in the mythos and the universe. And Tamer is right on. I've watched each one at least 10 times each.

GL made the prequels with a different fan base in mind. He was trying to hook the younger audience. How else do you explain Jar Jar and the clones? And it worked. Any person under 20  is going to think clones before ewoks, Captian Rex before Captian Piett. But if you take away the Star Wars part, no lightsabers, Sith, Jedi, and they are just so so movies.

zedhatch:

--- Quote from: Tamer on June 06, 2014, 02:30:38 AM ---I liked the Clones. Maul was pretty cool too (they killed him off too quick just like Fett).

--- End quote ---

A buddy of mine once said that what made Boba so cool was lucas didn't give him enough lines to screw him up.  In some way ATOC kind of proved that point.

Tamer:
Daggone good point Zed. Can't argue it one bit.

JDeck:
I think the problem with the prequels boils down to bad scripting. The story isn't bad. You can be the best director in the world but its impossible to make a good movie with a terrible script. Pretty much all of Anakin's lines were bad. Padme had zero emotion except some parts of ROTS even then it seemed fake. The whole metachlorian thing took away the mysticism of the force. And the Jedi prophecy was unnecessary if the future is always in motion. I just can't get over that Darth Vader made C3PO just irritates me, they should have had him as Amidalla's interpreter.Because Star Wars is a story of two droids and one of them is absent most of the trilogy. And all the silly and campy scenes were obviously directed towards kids but I don't think kids like silliness (jar jar) as much as we think they do. A lot of kids like the OT and there aren't any poop jokes. Other than that its not a bad trilogy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version