Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 144910 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #345 on: July 14, 2009, 07:38:43 PM »
I have been real busy with work, the last two weeks so the custom time hasn't been happening much, lately.
  I did get a chance to finish my Clone Wars Shadow trooper, this weekend. As before, I added a resin "droid bait" flip-visor using stick pins as mounting posts and applied the neon paint to use in some of these shots with the black light. I gave him one of the resin chain guns, also.

I am planning on listing this one on ebay tomorrow night unless one of you wants him.
  That little dio is the one that I made for my desert ops RC figure. Since now I am working on a 3 man desert ops recon team, I am in need of a bigger desert dio to pose them in. For this reason, I have decided to make this dio the one to give away as part of the prize in our next contest, the details of which I plan on posting here, shortly.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #346 on: July 14, 2009, 07:40:07 PM »
more pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #347 on: July 14, 2009, 07:41:35 PM »
more pics

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #348 on: August 09, 2009, 06:38:50 AM »
Clint sent me these...

Looking good to me Clint.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #349 on: August 10, 2009, 07:59:10 PM »
slowly i am making progress on this new figure. Remember, I am making him to go with the other two desert ops troopers that I have done here in the last two months. I still need to finish the paint on that jet pack and mount it to that one commander fig.

I got done carving on this new commander's belt and started off by painting his under coverings the dark brown.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #350 on: August 10, 2009, 08:00:54 PM »
another shot of  the belt and now the undercoverings..........

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #351 on: August 10, 2009, 08:03:20 PM »
Playing around with details on the helmet and some of the yellow color on the body.

thanks Dan.

Feels weird to be painting on a  figure for the first time in 3 weeks.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #352 on: August 12, 2009, 07:20:43 PM »
I got a little more done on this fig. I got the rest of the body base coated and will start his light brown markings next.
The helmet still has a long way to go but I got the base coat most of the way on it, also.
Here are the parts that I intend to serve as the main equipment on that bandolier that I had mentioned. A cast shoulder pad from the apartment Fett armor, the short bandolier cut from a clone commander's pauldron, and a cast resin ammo pouch. I am going to make an assembly of strap or straps to hold it together but am having a hard time finding my pack of styrene strip that I bought for just this sort of occasion. I will find it or cut strips out of a BAD insert.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #353 on: August 12, 2009, 07:26:34 PM »
Spudafett had asked about a hollow ARF trooper helmet so, just fiddling around, I labored through hollowing a resin casting of one out, tonight. Here is a $4.50 wood chisel set that I picked up in the craft section at walmart. Using one that is slightly curvy, the one on the right side of the package, I chiseled shavings out until the hole was wide enough and deep enough to house the head on this cw Gree fig. Total chiseling time might have been going on an hour. I plan on using another figure to make a removable helmet camo arf trooper as seen in the cw movie. I will post a pic of that one as I work on it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 07:29:44 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #354 on: August 12, 2009, 07:28:34 PM »
More shots of the helmet on Gree. Goofing around, I posed Gree to be painting on the desert ops sniper fig in that last shot.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #355 on: August 15, 2009, 05:43:52 AM »
Progress is occurring rather slowly for the arf-headed desert ops sniper but it is happening. Got a chance to work on his light brown markings this morning and put some color on his molded on straps and modified belt with holsters. I will get done with his light brown and then the touchups and detail painting will start.
  Havent done any more to the helmet yet as I want to do the copper foil visor thing before I continue there.
Here is a shot with the other two complete figures in this three man squad so you can gauge my progress.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #356 on: August 15, 2009, 07:25:00 AM »
Here is a bigger pic of those first two desert ops troopers. I still need to make a larger desert dio for them which will replace the one that will be part of the contest prize.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #357 on: August 16, 2009, 03:51:49 PM »
Got some painting done on the color apps to the arf desert sniper and then started to add the detail lines in dark brown. Lots of touch up painting is required at this point to the fig, the belt/holster combo, and to the helmet.

These pics seem a bit dark and I will take some more in my lightbox.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #358 on: August 16, 2009, 03:54:32 PM »
Yep, they are too dark alright. In that last shot, you can see the progress on the belts paintjob and the resin optical rangefinder which I will mount to the helmet in a multi-pose fashion like I did for the contest prize desert camo mando fig that Darth Aussie won.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #359 on: August 16, 2009, 06:45:57 PM »
thanks Jay and Dan! Sorry about those dark shots earlier. Here are some lighter ones.