Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 144891 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #315 on: June 05, 2009, 05:24:02 AM »
Well, I got some painting done on my desert ops commander fig. I was playing on the visual cues of the desert ops RC figures paint job and for the most part, transferring them to this figure.I started by painting all of his black undergarments dark brown.  So far, I have most of the yellow done. I think when I get started on that light brown, things will start to look cool. I havent painted any more on the helmet yet, other than some trial detail lines to get a feel for it,  but have an idea what I am going to do.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #316 on: June 05, 2009, 05:38:18 AM »
Just for fun, I threw this pegless mando jetpack on the back just to see what it would look like although I dont know if it will make it to the final product. The wifey likes it, though.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #317 on: June 07, 2009, 05:41:37 AM »
I had some time, this morning, to work on the desert ops commander's paint job, a bit.
I have most of the body colors applied and now only need the obligatory touchups and those testy little detail lines that I live to apply. As stated before, My plan was to match the colors used in my desert ops RC figure and get close to the markings that I used for him as far as where the color transitions occur on his armor. The RC is in the first pic, for comparison.

I still haven't painted anymore on his mixed helmet, I want to chisel out a little more head room on the inside, first, so that It will fit a bit lower on his head, first.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #318 on: June 07, 2009, 12:05:53 PM »
OK, I've got time for another round of update pics or two but then, I have to go mow.

I got a little further along in that I started the detail painting process on his body, his belt/holster combo/ the extra ammo belt, and on the jetpack which I have opted to paint on the detail line color prior to putting on the pack's paint.

All of these dark detail lines will be cleaned up using the corresponding colors on either side of said lines, where they occur. details, Details, gotta love them details.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #319 on: June 07, 2009, 12:07:05 PM »
4 more shots.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #320 on: June 09, 2009, 04:48:51 PM »
After wrapping those new molds up and getting the pour done, I found some time to work on that clone commander some more. I got the detail painting done on his belt and holsters and am working on touching up his body colors around those detail lines. digging through the parts box, I came up with this headset from a Fett figure that I though looked pretty cool on him.

I will take some pics in a better lit area, later tonight.
Also, I picked up a new bottle of flat black at HL, the other day.  Now, I can resume the camo work on Tamer's Veers fig.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #321 on: June 10, 2009, 06:56:19 AM »
How bout a bigger custom update, today, fellers?

first up, I broke out the black paint and started in on Veers never ending camo scheme. I believe that his whole upper body now has the two camo colors applied and all that remains for it is the obligitory touchups. Still got to do the lower body and then it's time for some detail painting on his belt, gloves, and boots.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #322 on: June 10, 2009, 06:59:07 AM »
Also, I pretty much wrapped up the touch ups to the Desert ops commander figure, glued his belt together, and even painted on his jet pack, some. I like how this guy looks with that headset.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #323 on: June 10, 2009, 07:00:27 AM »
more pics of him

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #324 on: June 10, 2009, 07:03:10 AM »
4 more pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #325 on: June 10, 2009, 07:08:18 AM »
Here is something that I have done in the past.
Here is a normal looking Vader fig.
Now, when we dim the lights, you will notice that the implementation of the black light that I have nearby activates the flourecent qualities of this oil based testors neon paint that I have had for years. I applied it to his saber and some of the buttons on the breathing device on his chest. I have some green that I will add to a couple of the buttons.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #326 on: June 10, 2009, 07:10:58 AM »
lets take the lights a little darker, shall we?

The effect is as I remembered. I wonder how this paint would look on force lightening? I do have some blue.

How about Spudafett's hot glue fireball? That could look cool.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #327 on: June 10, 2009, 07:19:04 PM »
Thanks buddy. I need to get that commander's helmet going. since I had fun with the neon, I added green to Vader's chest breather buttons

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #328 on: June 10, 2009, 07:21:10 PM »
I figured that Vader needed a lightsaber dueling buddy  so, I pianted up Darth Nihilus' saber, also.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 07:24:58 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #329 on: June 10, 2009, 07:23:01 PM »
Now I figured that I could stage a light saber duel in between Sith entities.