Author Topic: Galgrebaa Spaceport.  (Read 32824 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Galgrebaa Spaceport.
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2021, 05:09:34 AM »
I saw the spigot. And yes, that would be a lot of serving. I can't wait to see who is gonna be the bartender and the tavern waitresses. You can have so much fun with this one.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2021, 05:37:15 PM »

I saw the spigot. And yes, that would be a lot of serving. I can't wait to see who is gonna be the bartender and the tavern waitresses. You can have so much fun with this one.

I just need to make three more walls pretty much the same way, then the fun begins, hopefully by Wednesday, but I think I'm running out of foamboard. I've been thinking of an owner operator bartender. I might use a headswap figure I made a while back.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 08:38:40 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #182 on: March 14, 2021, 05:36:11 AM »
Yeah, that would probably be what you would see in a rough and tumble spaceport. A one person jack of all trades. Then, when he or she hits it rich, they could expand their offerings down the road.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #183 on: August 23, 2021, 09:34:59 PM »
  I ran out of foam board, and I'm going a different route with the tavern. Next time I go to lowes ill get another sheet.

I just wanted to build something quick and easy that I already have parts for, so I'm making another swoop for my guy, that I forgot what I named him. I just got the front engine done. I wanted to give it a rotary engine look. I used a mini hand sanitizer bottle, a Mott's squeezable apple sauce top, and many model parts including B-wing. The handlebars/guns are from the tfa sandspeeder thing, not reys but the one that never made it in the movie, but hasbro made it anyway. I just need to make the back half.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #184 on: August 24, 2021, 02:48:34 AM »
Nice, a new swoop bike! Looks good already.

Back to the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2021, 07:17:08 PM »
Nice, a new swoop bike! Looks good already.

Back to the front pages.
Thank you. Coincidentally I made the figure for this swoop exactly a year ago today. Didn't get any work done today, I've been a bit sick lately. Some kind of strep thoat or sinus infection.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2021, 11:26:50 PM »
Love the podracer look!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2021, 02:56:19 AM »
Hope you feel better.

A lot of new cases of that Delta Variant around here. Go get yourself checked out if you feel worse!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2021, 08:26:51 AM »
Love the podracer look!
Thank you. Yeah the concept i had was something crossed between a pod racer and ww2 planes. The story behind it was the Empire banned pod racing so mechanics stripped down the old pod racers and built swoop bikes out of them. This resulted in widespread illegal swoop racing by amateurs, which was exponentially more dangerous than podracing, especially when the swoops were outfitted with weapons.

Hope you feel better.

A lot of new cases of that Delta Variant around here. Go get yourself checked out if you feel worse!

I think it started as strep and downgraded to chest cold. I had different symptoms than covid like earache and phlem. Im probably at 75% recovered.

I finished the construction and shot a black primer on it. The middle and rear sections are made from a spray bottle parts. The tail section is made from a dollar tree fire truck, model airplane wings and an a-wing part. Added some struts and braces from an aircraft model. The seat is from a loctite superglue container.  I have no idea what color I want to use. The matte black is cool though. I dunno. I might just keep it black and add some silver here and there.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 10:14:09 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2021, 11:42:39 AM »
   I decided to keep it all black, but I did add an aluminum dry brush using AK interactive Aluminum, then I gave it a black wash to soften the dry brushing, for a more naturally worn look.
To recap, it's main construction was made of a mini hand sanitizer bottle, motts squeezable apple sauce cap and spray bottle parts. The detail parts are mostly aircraft model parts and various star wars ship model parts. I like building these, they're easy, and they all end up unique.  So far this is my favorite one. I might cannibalize the blue one (my first attempt) to make it better.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 12:02:21 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #190 on: August 26, 2021, 02:53:23 AM »
Nice Swoop! I like it a lot. I really like the back end better on this one compared to your other one, but like the front end on that one if that makes any sense.

I also like the idea to keep it black. Nice and stealthy.

Off to share on the front page.

I am glad to hear you are feeling better.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #191 on: August 26, 2021, 11:18:45 AM »

Nice Swoop! I like it a lot. I really like the back end better on this one compared to your other one, but like the front end on that one if that makes any sense.

I also like the idea to keep it black. Nice and stealthy.

Off to share on the front page.

I am glad to hear you are feeling better.

Thank you. I think if the tails were swapped they would look better, but I'm not doing that lol. I wanted them to look like stripped down planes or something from mad max almost like the OT Y-Wing, was a stripped down prequel Y-Wing, with missing plates and parts.  I like aircraft engines for some reason, they're like peices of art made of exotic metals. My grandfather was an engineer and built experimental aircraft. If I had the disipline I would have been an engineer, but I hated school. Lol. Honestly I'd probably end up doing exactly what I'm doing now, with the recession and everything.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #192 on: August 26, 2021, 12:41:51 PM »
That's awesome. I love the design elements like the rear stabilizer wings. I think the black works (I think you said the character was an assassin - named Obo?). I appreciate the list of elements you used as well, it provides inspiration to think outside the box a bit.

Also, glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better. How cool that your granddad worked with experimental planes!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #193 on: August 26, 2021, 04:29:56 PM »
That's awesome. I love the design elements like the rear stabilizer wings. I think the black works (I think you said the character was an assassin - named Obo?). I appreciate the list of elements you used as well, it provides inspiration to think outside the box a bit.

Also, glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better. How cool that your granddad worked with experimental planes!

Thank you!
Yeah obo yitsa the former scout trooper turned assasin.
Im feeling 100% now. I don't know how I got sick but situation normal.
Yeah my grandpa he and a few friends went in on building an experimental modular airplane. They could break it down and load it into a truck to avoid paying tiedown fees. One day his buddy assembled the plane, and my grandfather got in without preflight inspection, evidently something came loose and he crashed soon after takeoff. He was in the hospital for a long time, that's when my dad was a kid. Moral of the story, always do your own inspection. I need to get my pilot's license.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 04:39:03 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #194 on: August 27, 2021, 02:51:31 AM »
Interesting story about your grandfather. I can definitely see that same spirit in you.

Go for it man!