Author Topic: Lucasclones and Tamer start Podcasting!  (Read 61839 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Lucasclones and Tamer start Podcasting!
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2011, 12:45:24 PM »
Tonight we are getting ready to interview on Sith Fire 30. Needless to say Chad and I are quite excited to do this interview. If you have any burning questions for Dayton get em on in here and we will try to get to them during the show!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2011, 01:05:23 PM »
Dayton, I am a HUGE fan of your work, well I am 6' 1" and 200 lbs, but seriously I have watched you sculpt so many things and my jaw drops further with each project. I have bought Aves fix it sculpt because of you and been sculpting a very small amount over the last few years. My question is how do you get your sculpts so smooth looking? I know to use a bit of water on my finger or tool I am working with but can you shed some light on how to keep that perfect balance between too wet or too dry while sculpting? Or any other techniques that pertain to this aspect of working with Aves specifically?

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2011, 08:49:29 AM »
Guys I have given up on Ourmedia. The site just does not work. On the suggestion Of Whit Anderson I have switched to posterous. Here is the link. Please be patient while I figure out how to switch my RSS feed over. I know in the long run this arrangement will be better seeing as how I will be able to post faster!!
http://lucasclones.posterous.com/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2011, 04:21:52 PM »
Well ourmedia issues nonwithstanding, the podcast is now live on the podcast page and here is the download link from archive.org:

http://www.archive.org/download/Episode16_654/Episode16.mp3

Look for this on the front page tomorrow, but you can now listen to this live on the podcast page:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/podcasts/index.html

We would really like to thank Dayton for his time and for letting us into the customizing legend we all know as Sith Fire 30. I tried to ask the questions I knew you would like and would classify this as one of the most enjoyable and informative talks I have had in a great while.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #154 on: September 16, 2011, 02:01:56 PM »
Anyone up for a podcast gearing up for a new season of The Clone Wars?

http://www.archive.org/download/Episode17_420/CafnEp17.mp3

Thats the download code, but the audio player is now on the front page for your enjoyment.

Chad and I would also like to thank Jay for the gracious use of his time. One has to remember it was late evening for us, but well after midnight for jay by the time we got this done. Thanks Jay. You were insightful as usual.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2011, 06:05:19 AM »
Well we have already talked about having Incom on for Custom Action Figure News for the next customizer interivew on Otober 13th (check out the teaser podcast on the ISY CAFN Page) and we are quite excited so please if you have any questions either get them on in here or the

CAFN Facebook Page (don't forget for every 100 likes I donate to the widow of Mike Martinez)

and we will be sure to get them asked during the interview. I only talked with Remco for a few minutes on the teaser cast and wow did he exude customizing goodness. Be sure to check out his great FB Page too.

Anyhow, we have (for now) spaced our podcasting to about three week intervals to accomodate my lack of a near high speed internet source. I have to publicly thank Chad for allowing me to dictate our calendar as we continue CAFN. I have been promised high speed service anytime now so we have tried to not schedule too many interviews in advance on the chance I do get home high speed soon and we can get back to our normal podcast schedule of every other week. Frankly folks, for me, doing this right now means I pay an additional internet service fee as well as gas fees to get there so I have to keep my wifey happy with my SW Endeavors. I love podcasting and will never stop it now (poor Chad is probably cringing), but I am going to have to be smarter about how I do it so it is not a huge expense for me. Trust me though, I will not give up till high speed hits my house!

Didn't mean to start a high speed tirade, but inform you fine folks about the next two customizer interviews after Incom! We will have:

Rat Fink Customs - November 3rd

Psyclone Customs - December 1st

and ofcourse we are quite excited to have them as guests too. If you have questions for them you can be sure to put them into this thread or on the CAFN Facebook Page so we can be sure to ask them on air.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 06:14:55 AM by Tamer »

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2011, 07:31:54 AM »
Shawn, no cringing here!. Its simply going to be a great year for the show, a great year for customs and the only thing to make it better than it already is will be when you DO get high speed. 'Nuff said. :)

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
  • "A comMAHND post for the EMpiah!"
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #157 on: September 24, 2011, 07:58:44 AM »
I'm really looking forward to Incom's appearance.  He does great work!  You guys are doing a awesome job with the podcast and I appreciate the invitation and to be a part of it in December.   

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #158 on: September 24, 2011, 05:20:15 PM »
I will tell you its the podcasting that gives me something to look forward to on some of my hectic weeks. Just being in the presence of folks who like SW and customizing as much as I sure does make for a nice perk to this hobby for me.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2011, 12:25:19 PM »
Just realised I have a lot of podcasting to catch up on! Looking forward to hearing the last few issues.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #160 on: October 05, 2011, 04:14:17 AM »
Daggone, like we already didn't have enough to talk about on your podcast next week, which reminds me Chad and I need to email you the specific questions to your work.

Hey Shawn, just drop those questions in the mail whenever you're ready  :D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2011, 07:34:38 AM »
Daggone, like we already didn't have enough to talk about on your podcast next week, which reminds me Chad and I need to email you the specific questions to your work.

Hey Shawn, just drop those questions in the mail whenever you're ready  :D

LOL. Great minds think alike. I just emailed them too you!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2011, 07:51:49 AM »
Does anyone have any questions for INCOM tonight? We start our interivew at 6pm.

I sure wish we could do it live, but if you get a question in here by said time we will try to get to it during our interview.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
  • "A comMAHND post for the EMpiah!"
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #164 on: November 05, 2011, 09:42:59 AM »
Excellent podcast with Incom!